Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxIcon View Post
    I just downloaded Preader native from the sourceforge link in the preader thread, and got the same error when trying to install it from the download pane.

When I navigated to the download directory with Internalz Pro, the file had the correct .ipk extension, and installed correctly from Internalz.

Based on this, it looks to me like the problem is with the browser. It's another frustrating aspect, especially after using the browser on my wife's iPad. The browser is a pretty basic part of the Touchpad experience, and people with no skillz for tech tweaking would get turned off pretty quickly, I'd think.
    In this case, the fix is to open preferences & set the setting to register Internalz as the file handler for .ipk files. After you have done that, tapping on the pReader.ipk or any other will open Internalz with the path to the file already entered and you just have to tap install.
    FIX FOR GAME ATTACHMENTS/DOWNLOADS/OTHER ERRORS
    1) Install then open internalz, gointo preferences, scroll to RESGISTER AS FILE HANDLER select YES.
    2) find file in internalz, long press, select INFO.
    3) at top of INFO page, tap the area for the name, all the way to right either change extension or if no extension chanfe it to .ipk for apps (others I haven't tried but .ppt for iwerpoint, .pdf, etc) it'll ask if you're sure yes,no...pick yes.
    4) go back to list containing your file, long press select open...if should install

[IMG]www.palm.com[/IMG]
    This is bat-sh!t crazy. I use my WebOS TouchPad to got to a WebOS web site to download a WebOS application (http://www.webosnation.com/advanced-chess) and when I get done with the download it does not work? (yes, the 'Cannot open MIME type' message).

This is complete justification for anyone that that criticizes WebOS. What a waste of my time to try and make this work. There are better technologies available that have set a higher standard.

Good luck,
    - D
    Global Posts
    801 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don97322 View Post
    This is bat-sh!t crazy. I use my WebOS TouchPad to got to a WebOS web site to download a WebOS application (http://www.webosnation.com/advanced-chess) and when I get done with the download it does not work? (yes, the 'Cannot open MIME type' message).

This is complete justification for anyone that that criticizes WebOS. What a waste of my time to try and make this work. There are better technologies available that have set a higher standard.

Good luck,
    - D
    'Bye!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    hello. It appears this got lots of attention in Aug & Sept 2011 and no final resolution. I have downloaded latest is. Download ePub & preader & PDF. No luck on any downloads :'(
    et the dreaded mime error. Can this be used as a reader or not?
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tony loon View Post
    hello. It appears this got lots of attention in Aug & Sept 2011 and no final resolution. I have downloaded latest is. Download ePub & preader & PDF. No luck on any downloads :'(
    et the dreaded mime error. Can this be used as a reader or not?
    thanks
    Please explain to us exactly what you are doing when you get the "error".
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    So here's a good example of this error. If you have a wells fargo bank account. Log in, click the statements & documents tab, and download the statement and try to open it, you'll get the error. At least I did.

I'm updated to 3.0.5 with preware. Used both stock browser and advanced browser no dice. Opened quickoffice and ran in card while downloading and attempting to open, nothing.

This error seems to not have a lot of attention, makes me think its rare or few people experience this.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Unfortunately, it's not rare at all - it just doesn't get a lot of attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjamess View Post
    So here's a good example of this error. If you have a wells fargo bank account. Log in, click the statements & documents tab, and download the statement and try to open it, you'll get the error. At least I did.

I'm updated to 3.0.5 with preware. Used both stock browser and advanced browser no dice. Opened quickoffice and ran in card while downloading and attempting to open, nothing.

This error seems to not have a lot of attention, makes me think its rare or few people experience this.

This has been resolved but it took me a couple months to run across the solution. Read this thread for the solution: http://forums.webosnation.com/native...downloads.html

I installed it and it works perfectly. Thanks to devwithoutpower for this solution!
    I had been using that myself, but 3.0.5 broke that.
    This has been resolved but it took me a couple months to run across the solution. Read this thread for the solution: http://forums.webosnation.com/native...downloads.html

I installed it and it works perfectly. Thanks to devwithoutpower for this solution!
    the final comments on that thread state that it (the fix) has been broken by 3.0.5? Can you confirm or negate? Also, it seems like installing android on my touchpad is easier than the fix to get secured downloads to work :-P

the final comments on that thread state that it (the fix) has been broken by 3.0.5? Can you confirm or negate? Also, it seems like installing android on my touchpad is easier than the fix to get secured downloads to work :-P

I ran across this after updating to 3.0.5 and it works great for me. I installed it on my boss's TP as well and it works great. Follow his link to the Adobe update patch....download that, install it, you're done. Much easier than installing Android (I know, I run CM9 as well).
    Let me know if I can give further help.
    To clarify, here is what you want: [PATCH/IPK]Adobe PDF Reader Enhancements
    This patch contains the earlier reference fixes as well as a bunch of enhancements to the stock Adobe Reader.
    Good luck....I know how frustrating it can be to find solutions to some of these issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    hello oldskoolvwlover. Thx for the reply. I have downloaded pdf and epub files. Have adobe, epub, and kindle app loaded. Last weekend went to library to see if they could help. They suggested trying diff file types to download. No avail. Some showed up and got mime error. Some did not download at all.
    Joeb, I would like to mention I installed the patch mentioned in ur link, still cannot open my bank statement from wells fargo.

Joeb, I would like to mention I installed the patch mentioned in ur link, still cannot open my bank statement from wells fargo.

That is disappointing, it works great for me.
    I wonder if your bank site does not "carry over" your credentials when going from one page to another. Something out of the ordinary may be going on that causes it to fail midstream.
    Is there another site that you use that also contains secure PDF's? Would be interesting to know if it is limited to just your bank site or if it is all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    hello. Did you get my reply? I am trying to download PDF and epub books. When I download PDF sent via email it works. When logged into library site - any PDF or epub bookshelf mime error. I have tried several different formats - same result. Thanks
    HP must only have the one drunk VW old skooler left at HP
    He won,t be able to figure it out so it's up to us
    I might as well go with CM9 Android

I couldn't open the statements from my local bank with my PDF reader. So, I opened them with HTML. This worked fine.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tony loon View Post
    hello. Did you get my reply? I am trying to download PDF and epub books. When I download PDF sent via email it works. When logged into library site - any PDF or epub bookshelf mime error. I have tried several different formats - same result. Thanks
    Did you try downloading your library ebooks using Kindle? It works on my Touchpad.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast