1.    #1  
    Got two 32GB touchpads during the fire sale.
    On one everything is fine.
    On the other all newly installed games are locked into portrait--Angry birds seasons, dead runner, and phone sized games are off too a corner (e.g. glow hocky free).

Other apps seem to be working just fine--browser, quick office, email, chat, calendar, etc. and newly installed non-game apps are working fine.

I've done a complete restore with WebOS Doctor but nothing changed.

Any ideas if this is the apps or WebOS?

I did notice that on the other Touchpad that the same games are locked into landscape--which is better because they are usable--and don't rotate at all.

Yes, I've check orientation lock. Turned it on & off, etc. Rebooted. All resulted in no change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    Got two 32GB touchpads during the fire sale.
    On one everything is fine.
    On the other all newly installed games are locked into portrait--Angry birds seasons, dead runner, and phone sized games are off too a corner (e.g. glow hocky free).

Other apps seem to be working just fine--browser, quick office, email, chat, calendar, etc. and newly installed non-game apps are working fine.

I've done a complete restore with WebOS Doctor but nothing changed.

Any ideas if this is the apps or WebOS?

I did notice that on the other Touchpad that the same games are locked into landscape--which is better because they are usable--and don't rotate at all.

Yes, I've check orientation lock. Turned it on & off, etc. Rebooted. All resulted in no change.
    Same problem here.
    It's (that's my opinion) an actual error with the App-Catalog. When downloading they are missing some information that they are old phone-games. They get started from the Touchpad as Touchpad-Games in the wrong enviroment !
  3.    #3  
    do you think that is the case even with games that are marked for the touchpad?
    First piece of advice I can give you is to go into Device info > Preferences drop down (left hand corner) > Tests > Interactive Tests

Run the screen tests.

This most likely won't fix your issue, but it's the only starting place I've got for you.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  5.    #5  
    no, the screen test didn't change anything.
    could have been the app market update, as I installed the games on the other tablet before this last market update.

thx for the idea though
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    do you think that is the case even with games that are marked for the touchpad?
    No,they are looking right ! (All i have)
  7.    #7  
    fyi
    the issue has been fixed and it was due to the app market.