View Poll Results: Of those who initially said they wouldn't buy one, who changed their mind and got one

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Said I wouldn't, and I didn't!

    4 6.56%
  • Yeah, I caved and got one.

    57 93.44%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
Like Tree3Likes
  1. #21  
    Yeah, my wife has an Ipad, my son has a nook color running android, so didn't really need another tablet as I'm always on my phone or laptop, but for $149 for a dual core tablet. .. it's a no brainer. . .movies, books, web browsing with flash. . .it's a GREAT deal!
  2. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #22  
    I said I wouldn't get one, because I think if you are going to spend over $300, a netbook is much more useful for the money. For the $500 they originally wanted, you could get a laptop.

    For $99? I bought one. I don't think I 'caved', because my refusal to buy one was because of the more useful products you could get for the same money. That doesn't hold at $99.

    I didn't answer the poll, because the options are flawed.
  3. Dionte's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    #23  
    I have an iPad 2 so I didn't need a touchpad but I couldn't pass up the 99 dollar price.
  4. #24  
    I don't consider this a cave at all. I'm watching Hulu everywhere (my phone is a hotspot). I just wish colorware would support the device so I can get this customized
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
  5.    #25  
    Just a bit of clarification on the whole "caved in" option. Those of you who were active on PreCentral back when news of HP working on a tablet first surfaced should remember how many threads there were where folk talked about how little need, use or desire they had for such a device.

    These are the people I'm referencing here.I understand there are a few other subsets of users, but I just wanted to focus on those who had said point blank, "I will not be buying one".

    Thanks for contributing.
    Last edited by Renderhaus; 08/25/2011 at 08:06 PM.
  6. #26  
    You should change your "options". Obviously most of the "members" here own a TP...

    I got one too (well, 4 actually), only because of the prices(16 and 32g).

    I have absolutely no regret even if there is no Android port. Just take a look at the tablets you can get for 99$-150$ and you will smile.

    But I still think this product is not even half-baked.

    The numbers of easy things they could have correct/fix/add before the launch is simply amazing. Even Windows 95 had less "***" moments when it came out.

    I suspect someone pulled the plug on this product a few months before the initial launch. Thats the only reason that can explain this "unfinished-could-have-been-easily-so-much-better" product.

    The Touchbad has amazing features mixed with too many "***/inexplicable/missing4noreason/ features"

    Im glad Im part of the weirdest case of marketing/IT/twilight zone product in history.

    I saw the Newton, Microsft Bob (and Microsoft Millenium), I saw the Sony Betamax (and many other Sony stupid mistakes). But overall, this one is the best (tx to BestBuy I guess).

    This is what happen when the CEO cant use a mouse.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Tablet hater here who bought a tablet...
    You are not alone !
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by brettatk View Post
    I have an iPad 2 so I really never planned on buying a Touchpad. Got to work Monday and read about the firesale and spent most of the morning trying to secure one. Finally had an order accepted at PCConnection and my 32GB Touchpad was delivered yesterday. I just couldn't pass up it up at $150.
    And ??? How do you feel about your new toy ?
    Last edited by Bagbug; 08/26/2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Just a bit of clarification on the whole "caved in" option. Those of you who were active on PreCentral back when news of HP working on a tablet first surfaced should remember how many threads there were where folk talked about how little need, use or desire they had for such a device.
    I'm one of those.
    If you would've asked then if we would want a TP for $99/$149 I think everybody would've said yes.
    I think the point was (at least for the vast majority of us) was that we *need* a new phone but a tablet is a nice toy that we don't *need* (or can't afford) And therefore HP should've focused their resources on phones rather than tablets. But would we want a tablet for $100? absolutely.
  10.    #30  
    okay. I see your point now about the limited 'options'. Let me see if I can throw another one in there.
  11. methods's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by intron View Post
    However, I really *need* a smartphone. And my launch day pre- is still hanging in there but it has seen better days. So, the tablet has basically reminded me how badly I want an updated webos phone.
    I'm in the same situation, that's why I also bought a firesale Pre2. Finally a new(er) webOS device

    That should carry for the next year or 2. I'm out of contract with Sprint now so I'm gonna go with an AT&T pre-paid plan for awhile and see what happens with webOS. I don't want to lock into a contract with any carrier
  12. #32  
    Well, I didn't hate on the idea, I just did not feel the need to use/have a Pad/Tablet. But when I first used a TouchPad demo in a BestBuy store, well, I was sold on it, then the firesale came along and help me to definitely get one, well two! One for the wife and one for me
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
  13. mbk1487's Avatar
    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #33  
    Any of you who bought one and don't want to keep it, PM me....I'd love to take it off your hands. Thanks!
  14. #34  
    not a tablet hater but I don't need a tablet, don't really want a tablet. didn't buy a tablet. Even at $99 i have not use for a tablet. I'm holding onto my money for new phone.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
  15. oklanole's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #35  
    I didn't want a touchpad and WAS wanting an iPad. I was going to order one at the end of the month! When the sale went on, I was all over it and got three total. One for me, my wife and a coworker. Being an iphone owner and used to that app store, I was a bit disappointed in the selection but I am absolutely LOVING THIS!
  16. Jace985's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #36  
    Don't hate on me but to be honest I didn't even know about the touchpad until this firesale mostly because I didn't care much for any OS besides android. When this came out for $99 I had to get one though and port android onto it later or I thought. Now after using webOS I have fallen in love with it and never want to go back to android at least for tablets. This OS is second to none I wish I would have tried it sooner.
  17. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Just a bit of clarification on the whole "caved in" option. Those of you who were active on PreCentral back when news of HP working on a tablet first surfaced should remember how many threads there were where folk talked about how little need, use or desire they had for such a device.

    These are the people I'm referencing here.I understand there are a few other subsets of users, but I just wanted to focus on those who had said point blank, "I will not be buying one".

    Thanks for contributing.
    That's me - I always thought that the whole WebOS thing was completely uncompetitive on price and hardware - both the touchpad and the Pre 1,2,3 and plus were completely wrong for the market and were never going to get mass market adoption. Every step of the way, I thought that this was all doomed to disaster and that's what's happened.

    Moreover because I work from home, I simply couldn't see any usage case under which I'd want a touchpad or any other tablet, just seems completely pointless to me.

    Now I have a touchpad.

    I am absolutely loving the hell out of it, really enjoying what it does - but that's because it was 89 (well slightly less for me because of cash-back).

    My basic positions haven't changed, I still don't see WebOS (as a platform for growth) as being competitive and I still see no circumstance under which I'll buy a tablet full price when this one dies - I'd just go back to using my PC for stuff.
  18. gamoses's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    #38  
    I was going to wait for the 7", but this I'd better than nothing
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    That's me - I always thought that the whole WebOS thing was completely uncompetitive on price and hardware - both the touchpad and the Pre 1,2,3 and plus were completely wrong for the market and were never going to get mass market adoption. Every step of the way, I thought that this was all doomed to disaster and that's what's happened.

    Moreover because I work from home, I simply couldn't see any usage case under which I'd want a touchpad or any other tablet, just seems completely pointless to me.

    Now I have a touchpad.

    I am absolutely loving the hell out of it, really enjoying what it does - but that's because it was 89 (well slightly less for me because of cash-back).

    My basic positions haven't changed, I still don't see WebOS (as a platform for growth) as being competitive and I still see no circumstance under which I'll buy a tablet full price when this one dies - I'd just go back to using my PC for stuff.
    Ditto.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
  20. batkinson's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbug View Post
    And ??? How do you fell about your new toy ?
    I don't think it can compete with an iPad, but it's definitely worth the money I paid for it. Both my Touchstone and iPad 2 will get much use.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions