Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Hi all,

Just got my Touchpad last night. Amazing device, though one of the few gripes I have with it is that there seems to be now way to see the the connection speed to wireless networks. Is this true, or have I completely missed something?
    You can just go to speedtest.net and run a speed test. I do it all the time, my TouchPad shows 20megs almost everytime
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I never thought of doing that haha. Problem with that though is I'd like to use it at work (I'm a System Administrator) and not all wifi networks have internet access but I would still like to see the connection speed for testing purposes. It's odd that there isn't a way to see it.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos101 View Post
    I never thought of doing that haha. Problem with that though is I'd like to use it at work (I'm a System Administrator) and not all wifi networks have internet access but I would still like to see the connection speed for testing purposes. It's odd that there isn't a way to see it.
    Hmmm...don't have mine here but would ifconfig in an xterm tell you that?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    You are a genius my friend. It indeed shows the RX and TX speeds. Thank you!!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Glad it worked!
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    another command that appears to give some info on the command line is iwconfig

still looking for a gui that might display whats showing thru ifconfig and iwconfig(?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie4sho View Post
    You can just go to speedtest.net and run a speed test. I do it all the time, my TouchPad shows 20megs almost everytime
    isnt that just your internet speed through your router, hes after seeign what the local wifi can/is pumping out.