Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1.    #1  
    Take it for what it's worth but I just got off the phone with HP via the number 1.800.790.6947 and was told that they are "making new touchpads" and they will be sold for the firesale price. anyone signed up for the email notification will be notified all at once, so if you signed up early, you won't get an earlier notification.

In other words, they aren't simply relying on retailers shipping things back, they will be "making new touchpads." they also told me it will be limited to one per person period (not one model per person) and that HP's goal is to let everyone that wants a touchpad for the firesale price to get one and they think that is possible.

Again, take it for what it's worth, but that's what they're saying today.

EDIT:

They also told me it may take another full week for the notifications to go out, so be patient. I wish they would release this as a press release, it would knock down the price these things are getting on ebay.
    Last edited by william munny; 08/25/2011 at 02:15 PM. Reason: forgot some info
    Yes. We know.
    Quote Originally Posted by william munny View Post
    In other words, they aren't simply relying on retailers shipping things back, they will be "making new touchpads." they also told me it will be limited to one per person period (not one model per person) and that HP's goal is to let everyone that wants a touchpad for the firesale price to get one and they think that is possible.
    Seems almost too good to be true, but here's hoping!
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    Yes. We know.
    sorry to be repetitive, i didn't see any prior threads; mods can kill this thread if they want.
    Thanks for the information.
    What's more likely is that they are in the process of finishing up whatever was already in the process of being built. The decision and following announcement came so quickly that it's likely that were touchpads still being built. It's also likely that there was a shipment ready to go when they made the announcement. Shipping takes a little bit of time, so that could be part of the hold up.
    This is how it's supposed to be done. Should be spread all over the internet to prevent people from buying TPs on ebay/cl.
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=william munny;3100668]sorry to be repetitive, i didn't see any prior threads; mods can kill this thread if they want.[/QUOTE
    Yeah

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAlmostPopular View Post
    What's more likely is that they are in the process of finishing up whatever was already in the process of being built. The decision and following announcement came so quickly that it's likely that were touchpads still being built. It's also likely that there was a shipment ready to go when they made the announcement. Shipping takes a little bit of time, so that could be part of the hold up.
    could be.

I'm just relieved for the people that haven't gotten one yet; because it is good news that they don't have to rely on whatever is shipped back to HP by the retailers; and the rep really sounded like their goal is to get these out there, I even kept trying to get her to back off the commitment and they wouldn't. So it does sound like good news.
    tayswg20 and Sukiyaki like this.
    Well, either way, I'm hoping that it's true. I can certainly wait a week (heck, several) for one. No rush on my part.
    Very few people want webos tablet, but everybody wants 99 bucks tablet. If they want to make everybody have one, they need produce half billion at least.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    BobKy likes this.
    This is wonderful news for our community, and by limiting 1 per customer ensures those that were cancelled earlier to get a TouchPad.

Does anyone know if this second batch of "FireSale" TouchPad units will have a better build quality than the first batch of units?
    Last edited by fred1955; 08/25/2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: updated
    Panda Touchpad?? I want one if it available at firesale price!! especially the 4G version!
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticrobot View Post
    This is how it's supposed to be done. Should be spread all over the internet to prevent people from buying TPs on ebay/cl.
    Why? First come first served is the law of the retail jungle. We all started in the same boat so why restrict people? If that guy was willing to hustle and he got 10 while you only got 2 why punish him? Also nobody is forcing these people to pay those ridiculous prices on eBay. I was just going to sleep when I found out about the fire sale, 2 hours later I had one in hand. Could have gotten more but didn't feel like driving.
    New message on EuroStore is not so promising about the touchpad unfortunately...

"....We fully intended and expected to be able to fulfill these orders and if a price reduction were to be announced then we would have applied that new price to the orders.

A decision, wholly outside of our control, has been made which meant that this expectation will not now be met....."
    Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    Why? First come first served is the law of the retail jungle. We all started in the same boat so why restrict people? If that guy was willing to hustle and he got 10 while you only got 2 why punish him? Also nobody is forcing these people to pay those ridiculous prices on eBay. I was just going to sleep when I found out about the fire sale, 2 hours later I had one in hand. Could have gotten more but didn't feel like driving.
    That's not punishment for the guys who want to make big buck. We want to spread the words so people really want one get one at HP's discount price. The question should be: why should one who wants and needs one has to pay for higher price to make other guys rich? Pay more than what it's supposed to be is a punishment. Hang all those TPs on your wall as trophies if you have plenty
    noktomezo and bcumings like this.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
    New message on EuroStore is not so promising about the touchpad unfortunately...

"....We fully intended and expected to be able to fulfill these orders and if a price reduction were to be announced then we would have applied that new price to the orders.

A decision, wholly outside of our control, has been made which meant that this expectation will not now be met....."

HP shows the world their own style of their loyal customers and retail partners... No Touchpad (euro) or No Pre3 (us). Is anyone gonna get the chance to touch to share?
    tj$bags likes this.
    Well, I hope it comes through. I'm going out of town with no access to email for 5 days starting next week. Looks like I'll be giving the wife some instructions before I leave town if this hasn't come through by next Thursday.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    jblather likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preluva View Post
    It's only a jungle when the people act like animals.

Don't want 10 or 2, just want 1 for my mother who isn't in a position to deal with this insanity at her age.

I'm not self righteous, or above making a buck when I can, but I also have to look at myself in the mirror. Because of the server glitches last weekend I ended up with 2 orders for the Pre 2. I called and cancelled the second one because I wanted someone else to have a chance at a great deal.

Just me I guess.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast