Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree21Likes
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I guess when you sign contracts for parts and someone to put the parts together , you still have to pay the piper.
    hmm something tells me the new touchpads are going to be of lesser quality than the OG ones or theyre going to be some sort of spin off model. "HP introduces for a limited time the new Touchpad pro with inferior qualities"

Although id have to say... id be ****ed but id buy it if it were 100 bucks
    Anyone got an url on that blog post?
    I'm scared because I have yet to receive the email they recently sent out even though I signed up for the notification. I must get the notification or else I could miss the bus....again.
    blog went down 2 mins into the post it might be up and running now

http://h20435.www2.hp.com/t5/The-Nex...Way/ba-p/68749
    Quote Originally Posted by mattjargon View Post
    I'm scared because I have yet to receive the email they recently sent out even though I signed up for the notification. I must get the notification or else I could miss the bus....again.
    hmm...me too.

I have the original "Thank you - Special new subscriber coupon enclosed" email, but have yet to receive anything else...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris_treo700 View Post
    blog went down 2 mins into the post it might be up and running now

HP Communities - More TouchPads on the Way - HP Communities
    Yeah, Bryna @ HP tweeted that the traffic took down their blog server for a little while.
    you may want to check spam folder for the hp email everyone got for being on the wait list. That's where mine was. . .
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    So since HP is going to produce more TP's until the end of their 4th quarter fiscal year (Oct 31), according to their own mouth, it might be worth it to wait

My biggest concern is they will put them on sale at some random time and sell out too quick again, leading to the only TP's available being > $99
    No statement, let alone a hint, on pricing in this blog. I'm guessing the prices will NOT be $99 / $149.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Oh really? That will be ridiculous
  12. d0c
    d0h!
    Last edited by d0c; 08/30/2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: re-post
    My guess is they are finishing out the contract for these devices and are selling whatever would have been the remainder of August production (100k units, maybe?).

I'm curious if they are going to be the same price, though. If HP is smart they will raise it a bit.

Although, this new production run completely puts to rest the idea that HP had to be out of the hardware business for someone else to step in, imo.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Would you raise the price?

I think a $50 increase wouldn't impact the demand; but increasing it more than a $100 would lead to a backlash from consumers. This also depends on how many they produce.
    Yes it's a Gizmodo article... but it does have an interesting point of view on why HP might be doing this.

Why Is HP Going to Keep Making TouchPads Through October?

I hope same applies to the Pre 3 and they're forced to produce them.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdoty View Post
    Would you raise the price?

I think a $50 increase wouldn't impact the demand; but increasing it more than a $100 would lead to a backlash from consumers. This also depends on how many they produce.
    people are gladly paying $120 more right now.
    I do agree however that new pricing will be $50-100 more for any new orders.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345