Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 97
Like Tree21Likes
  1. #61  
    I believe the word to describe how many Touchpads are about to be released is a "bohemoth" amount...and I quote that word. Now, what amount will be distributed across the lands to retailers and what will stay put at HP is the question. As far as the email notifications...I am hoping there is a direct link to buy within the email itself to streamline the purchase, oh and there is NO possible way all the notification emails are to be sent at the same time, they will have to be sent in intervals so not to snail there own server before we even have a chance...am I wrong? Maybe, that just seems unlikely.
    DOcs post #57 is the best advice one could give, i'm just wondering if Irene will put some of us not just worrying about the storm itself, but whether we can remain connected to an ISP or carrier. Although, it could also give others a better chance, either way, stay safe all of you on the east coast like me.
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    I believe the word to describe how many Touchpads are about to be released is a "bohemoth" amount...and I quote that word. Now, what amount will be distributed across the lands to retailers and what will stay put at HP is the question. As far as the email notifications...I am hoping there is a direct link to buy within the email itself to streamline the purchase, oh and there is NO possible way all the notification emails are to be sent at the same time, they will have to be sent in intervals so not to snail there own server before we even have a chance...am I wrong? Maybe, that just seems unlikely.
    DOcs post #57 is the best advice one could give, i'm just wondering if Irene will put some of us not just worrying about the storm itself, but whether we can remain connected to an ISP or carrier. Although, it could also give others a better chance, either way, stay safe all of you on the east coast like me.
    Stay safe too. Hopefully you are not in north Carolina, Virginia, or the coast
    _____________________________________________
    Please excuse my grammar,i may be using a virtual keyboard or I just am in a rush.

    >i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    _____________________________________________
    Eclipse Software
    Head Developer
    Apps for Windows Phone 7 / webOS (coming soon)
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    Which was the point I was making and explained in a later post.

    You seem to take my posts way more seriously than I intend them.
    Oh, I realize that YOU weren't particularly serious with that part (hence the "suspense of it all" line). But some people around these parts put too much stock in what these reps say.

    Also, selling an under-priced product to someone that is willing to pay more, for more, I don't consider greedy at all.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  4. batkinson's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #64  
    I just saw on another site that someone said HP has said the fire sale will not happen today or over the weekend. Maybe Monday morning will be the time. They didn't provide a link to where they saw this.
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by brettatk View Post
    I just saw on another site that someone said HP has said the fire sale will not happen today or over the weekend. Maybe Monday morning will be the time. They didn't provide a link to where they saw this.
    Bryna tweeted it.
  6. #66  
    I hope hp keeps them and sells them. I have a feeling most retailers are going to try and jack up the price 20-30 dollars even reputable ones. Just from what I've heard.

    I know they are still a good deal at that price and they will still probably sell because of the frenzy that was created but it is annoying for people who didn't get one.
  7. #67  
    nice
  8. #68  
    This is awesome.
  9. BiGMERF's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #69  
    would be great.. boy o boy.. i will be checking email over and over now.. but i read another post that had a tweet that said def not this weekend
  10. #70  
    You know, I remember all this hype happening with video games and game consoles in my past experience. It's great to hear this information, but my opinion behind all this is I'll believe it when HP makes an official announcement. Coming from a HP phone rep doesn't have too much credibility for me.

    So until HP says something official, I believe that they have crap in the warehouse that they are quickly liquidating.
  11. #71  
    From the HP blog:
    I finally have some solid news to share about TouchPad availability.



    Before I share, let me first say thank you for enthusiasm for this product. Since we announced the price drop, the number of inquiries about the product and the speed at which it disappeared from inventory has been stunning. I think itís safe to say we were pleasantly surprised by the response.



    Despite announcing an end to manufacturing webOS hardware, we have decided to produce one last run of TouchPads to meet unfulfilled demand. We donít know exactly when these units will be available or how many weíll get, and we canít promise weíll have enough for everyone. We do know that it will be at least a few weeks before you can purchase. See more information in the updated FAQs below.



    Bryna (@BrynaatHP) and I (@MarkatHP) will update you here and on Twitter on the status of the new batch of systems. Please continue to share your thoughts and questions with us. Although we canít respond to every one directly, we are sharing your feedback with teams inside HP.



    Please note that many of the questions below address concern about orders previously placed on our HP Home & Home Office and HP Small & Medium Business online stores. Itís important to note that these are separate stores with slightly different procedures. We also know that weíre sparse on information about availability outside the US. We will share updates on regional availability as the information comes in.
    noodlex5 likes this.
  12.    #72  
    someone post this on ebay and craigs list, post haste; drive down the prices for those who haven't gotten one yet.

    good news...and it turns out the lady i spoke to on HP (can't find my old thread) was correct.
  13. #73  
    They probably will, but that won't be enough to consume demand at that price point.
  14. rawrcat's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #74  
    Something fishy is going on here.
    Finally Pre likes this.
  15. #75  
    I'm happy for this, all of you who have been waiting for so long deserve to get one.
    Patience will be rewarded.
  16. #76  
    think they'll raise the price?
  17. dgf2002's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #77  
    great fodder for a business school case study!!
  18. #79  
    They do a comparative loss analysis given their cancellation clauses in the production contracts.

    If they loose $150 per unit by not taking delivery but only $50 if they take delivery and sell, then they take delivery and sell through.

    Simple math.
  19. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
    They do a comparative loss analysis given their cancellation clauses in the production contracts.

    If they loose $150 per unit by not taking delivery but only $50 if they take delivery and sell, then they take delivery and sell through.

    Simple math.
    Yeah - I'm wondering if the 100,000 touchpad Gos that they have orders for will also be built for that very reason.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions