Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    God I hope so...I have a TS, a case, armour shield, but ON SALE CANCELLED MY ******************* ORDER!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Very few people want webos tablet, but everybody wants 99 bucks tablet. If they want to make everybody have one, they need produce half billion at least.
    I think the fact that these are of a higher quality, they are heavily discounted, and HP said never again are all factors here. People like to get a bargain no matter what the product is, but I don't think it was just the $99 price. The fact that people are buying these at a ridiculous mark-up on craigslist/ebay shows that people mostly want it because HP said they couldn't have any more.
    Finally one more chance for the Devs that didn't get a Firesale Touchpad =) (Like me and others that posted on the Forum).
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    Where can we register with HP to be notified? UK site or US?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by william munny View Post
    In other words, they aren't simply relying on retailers shipping things back, they will be "making new touchpads." they also told me it will be limited to one per person period (not one model per person) and that HP's goal is to let everyone that wants a touchpad for the firesale price to get one and they think that is possible.
    Sounds reasonable...

The TouchPad inventory size isn't know. I've heard speculations of 500,000 to 1,000,000. The amount of parts HP bought also is unknown.

They could easily have the parts for a lot more units; I would guess suppliers would expect HP to buy large quantities. Using the rest of the parts could make as much financial sense as trying to sell the parts. Selling more TouchPads would increase the WebOS user numbers, which is good if they intend to license WebOS.

I think there is a fixed number of TouchPads left; I'm not sure they will acquire new parts to keep building them.
    Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
    Where can we register with HP to be notified? UK site or US?
    The US site would be useless to you. It's been confirmed that you'd need a US credit card and US address to order from the US store.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAlmostPopular View Post
    The US site would be useless to you. It's been confirmed that you'd need a US credit card and US address to order from the US store.
    I have both, so I can do either. I'm just wondering where the notify me option was.

EDIT: Never mind, it's here (doh):
    http://www.hp.com/united-states/webo...ilability.html
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYLARKBOY86 View Post
    God I hope so...I have a TS, a case, armour shield, but ON SALE CANCELLED MY ******************* ORDER!!!
    You can still carry the empty case to impress people
    Those *******s canceled my order too.
    lol yeah but what do I use the screen protector for?....maybe sell it for cracked window repairs
    Quote Originally Posted by johnwashere View Post
    Yes. We know.
    you know, this crap really ****es me off. They guy makes a post with some good info and your a **** about it. So when did you talk to HP and when did they tell you that they were building more TP's and intended for everyone to get one and it would be limited to one unit per person per order?
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    It's only a jungle when the people act like animals.

Don't want 10 or 2, just want 1 for my mother who isn't in a position to deal with this insanity at her age.

I'm not self righteous, or above making a buck when I can, but I also have to look at myself in the mirror. Because of the server glitches last weekend I ended up with 2 orders for the Pre 2. I called and cancelled the second one because I wanted someone else to have a chance at a great deal.

Just me I guess.
    ahhhh you coulda sold me the extra Pre 2 I missed out on that and the wife wanted one bad, I woulda taken one too, but I am really still holding out on something Pre3 falvored.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYLARKBOY86 View Post
    lol yeah but what do I use the screen protector for?....maybe sell it for cracked window repairs
    Don't sell it just yet. I have a good feeling about this one but then I had a good feeling about onsale/amazon, too.
    Hopefully there will more buyers like OldschoolVW then those greedy *******s who bought them to make $.
    I agree with the concept of first come, first served. However I believe people do have a right to be a little upset in this instance because it wasn't really first come, it was first to get lucky enough to place an order with the right vendor, or person lucky enough that HP's website loaded the correct price on Friday night or the person lucky enough to randomly drive to the Best Buy that just happened to get stock who was first served. It's really not that big of a deal and I'm not personally upset about not getting a touchpad as I'm sure I can find one at some point (and I did manage to get one for my wife). What does burn me up though is companies who took people's order, sent them a confirmation and then waited 48 or 72 hours to bother to send a cancellation notice. I think it's unfair to hold customer's funds up that long, not to mention causing them to miss out on other purchase opportunities. I also think companies (namely Best Buy) have crappy in-store policies in these situations. They create unnecessary chaos, inconvenience and disappointment for customers every single time there is a product in high demand. Once it's obvious that a product is going to be hard to keep in stock, the policy should be to give customers the option to be placed on a waiting list by making one trip to the store. If that store doesn't get any additional stock then so be it, but it's absurd to send people driving all over town without providing any hint of when or where stock may come in (even going so far as to claim ignorance when they do have information). Best Buy's current policy leads to agitated employees fielding never ending calls with absolutely no options to give customers.

Sure all the hype that built up around this clearance is sort of absurd but it could and should also be kind of a fun experience for people. Instead, companies **** people off, waste their time and cause a bunch of unneeded stress.
    Last edited by jeremy3721; 08/25/2011 at 06:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Honestly, I'm starting to give up my search. At this point I think my only change of getting one is if HP puts them back up for sale on their site and I'm not holding out a lot of hope for that to happen.
    I kinda agree with on or two per person. Why? Well for one, I was out at 8 in the morning saterday and found none. We were out all morning but we got beat every time, most places said people bought in dozens and those are all over eBay. We wanted them because we like Webos. So it's frustrating. Im a dev and I don't have one, many more devs, including those in webosinternals and even HP employees who wanted some don't have them. Some people can spend more, others of us have a limited budget and cant drive at for in the morning. Should the people there be penalized? No but buying 20 touchpads to go ip off others and deny those who really wanted it and had a chance to get it is kind of unfair IMHO. Ya I know it's not reality, but since people have proven they are not fair, it's nice that HP is at least going to try and make sure those who really want it have a chance, then the auctioneers can have at it. People looking for deals will still jump on it, but the webos users will have them which is who you want to have them. If you want to get it for family believe me there are ways, I will be getting my brother one and will have to be creative

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Also please tell me the touchpads autocorrect is better then an iPad? I'll be so happy to sell this dang thing finally lol

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    I would like to place a order for 1 that doesn't get cancelled 0 for 3 so far
    Bad news: just got off the phone from HP and they said this is IT. No more Touchpads! The only chance you have is to visit your local store and "maybe" they might get a shipment.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I expect HP will send out the email and within seconds their servers will slow to a crawl. Anyone who isn't checking thier email in front of a computer every 30 seconds will miss out.
    This thing got huge. The lines and people camping out at Best Buy are crazy. Let them have 'em, they have more dedication (or less employment) than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    It's only a jungle when the people act like animals.

Don't want 10 or 2, just want 1 for my mother who isn't in a position to deal with this insanity at her age.

I'm not self righteous, or above making a buck when I can, but I also have to look at myself in the mirror. Because of the server glitches last weekend I ended up with 2 orders for the Pre 2. I called and cancelled the second one because I wanted someone else to have a chance at a great deal.

Just me I guess.
    well... I say it's good to be you then! Thank you for thinking of the needs and/or wants of others. That's good of you.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast