1.    #1  
    OK, so like many of you I bought a TouchPad early in the launch. It came out on Friday 7/1 and I bought my 32GB that Saturday. I returned it to Costco because I just couldn't justify the price.

I wound up getting a Fire Sale TP from Best Buy this past weekend. Woohoo!

Anyway, I got a call on my cell from an HP rep saying that she knew that I returned my TouchPad and wanted me to take a survey about why. Usually I don't do surveys unless I'm offered something because I believe consumer opinion is a commodity for businesses and we should be compensated for it. I hesitated to say yes and she threw out the gift card offer and I said sure.

I asked her how she got my info and she said she didn't know how HP gets it. I also asked her how I was chosen to call, she said that it was random. We chatted somewhat casually about the TouchPad situation in general. They said that the Fire Sale took the HP employees by surprise. She said they found out about it from PreCentral.

So if you get a call from a weird number (407) area code. Answer it! It might be HP offering you a gift card for a survey.
    That's an orlando/central Florida number

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Yep, I got the same call. I forgot her name, but I flat out told her early on the only reason I returned it was because I upgraded to the 32gb version for even less than I paid for the 16gb and that I really didn't fit the survey criteria. She sent me the $20 gift card anyway, and then we chatted for, I kid you not, 35 minutes.

She was a genuine WebOS fan, didn't have a Pre phone, but got a TouchPad and was really upset the Pre3 was practically cancelled because she wanted one. Also confirmed some things I already knew:
    1. They all found out the same way we did about the WebOS hardware discontinuation... PRECENTRAL. I laughed.
    2. QuickOffice editing update is being released in the next day or so (planned for sometime this week). No powerpoint editing yet, but it's still coming.
    3. HP had still planned to get additional TouchPad stock to sell, but she hasn't heard much more about it.
    4. I asked about WebOS updates (like 2.2) for the Pre2; unfortunately she didn't know, but she told me to hold on and started asking everyone in the office if they knew anything. Sadly everyone there only really knew about things relating to the TouchPad.
    5. Touchpad 1 year warranty will still be upheld. If your TouchPad fails for some reason, they will replace it with a re-manufactured unit.

Um...I forget what else we talked about; I'll post more if I remember.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    I also received a call yesterday from HP (Orlando area) asking about the return of my initial purchase of the TP. She asked why I return the TP and I told her it was the price. Second question (amount others) was how could they have improved the TP.

She was very friendly and listened to what I had to say. She also asked if it was ok if someone else could call, which I said yes. I told her I didn’t care about the $20, but she insisted on sending me the $20 MasterCard.
    HP/Palm does have a customer service operation in Orlando.
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    There is however a very large call center management companty in orlando that handels callcenters for many many firms (at&t is one to name a biggie) they also offer outsourceing of call centers- but their statestide has a branch in orlando-

I am sure the survey company they are useing for this is just useing said call center company.

I know this random bit of info bc my cousin is some vp of the callcenter company lol
    I think the name is convergence and it is of Maitland Fl. for those central Fl. folks.
    Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell.
    is it not a bit strange that they are calling after they have called it quits? something seems fishy.
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    It's not fishy. I'm sure this call campaign was planned well before the announcement, to try and measure the main reasons for TouchPad returns.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I got the call as well, Gave them my gripes and my likes. Hoping these calls improve the webOS experience and hopefully HP as a result can get their act together and make some awesome devices either themselves or licensing.