Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lenholgerson View Post
    will this fix work for canadians?
    No, Canadian IP's are blocked for copyright reasons. You could probably get around it with a US VPN. Crackle.com has some content available in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontyo View Post
    OK Guys Noob needs Help, TP is in Dev mode, im getting an error about file system is read only. The device IS IN DEV MODE, what am i doing wrong?
    same here. followed instructions exactly.
    says the files are read only

also tried usb drive mode. still says read only files
    Why do I get "write error", "no space left on device"? Tried to change from read only to write only, tried both usb modes, keep getting this error.
    I kept getting read only, then I installed preware and did the commands and they went through and it works.

So you might need preware installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan87500 View Post
    I kept getting read only, then I installed preware and did the commands and they went through and it works.

So you might need preware installed.
    I've had preware installed all week long
    Any chance this gets packaged as a script in Preware for wider distribution? Many people are comfortable loading Preware on and using packages from there, but not many are comfortable messing around with the root on their device via the command line.
    I get a write error as well. Just making sure, are those apostrophes or tick marks on the "sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so" line? I can't copy/paste the commands so I have to type them out.

Also, should the prompt start at "root@[Device name]:"?
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    I've had preware installed all week long
    I am in the same boat... Preware, overclocked and patched... Still read only on the command line
    ESPN Gamecast still works.
    for those with the read-only issue, try this:

mount -o remount,rw /

... make changes - then type

mount -o remount,ro /

If this works, please let me know and I'll adjust my initial post to reflect this step. For some reason, my pad was already in write mode, no idea why.
    danimal62 likes this.
    I've found that I've had to take the touchpad out of developer mode and then back into it, while the terminal window was open, in order to enable read/write.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post

mount -o remount,rw /

mount -o remount,ro /

If this works, please let me know and I'll adjust my initial post to reflect this step. For some reason, my pad was already in write mode, no idea why.
    still didn't work. When I changed back to "mount -o, remount,ro/" I got a bunch of text pop up. Looks like it did something to my kalemsoft app?
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post

mount -o remount,rw /

mount -o remount,ro /

Thanks so much that worked for me. I had that same read-only problem. This forum is great!!!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Yep the mount instructions did it for me.
    Actually, mine says "sed: write error", so I'm not sure if that's the same as a read error, though it should be solved by remounting as rw, I assume. As for the pasting issue, I just realized I can't do the shortcut keys for it but have to right click/paste.

Can someone confirm what the root of the command prompt is? Is it supposed to start as "root@[Device Name]:/#"?
    When I try to copy it I get this.

cp: can't stat 'libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory
    Last edited by nseemann; 08/25/2011 at 11:02 PM.
    This works great. Thank you to all involved and for the quick fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nseemann View Post
    When I try to copy it I get this.

cp: can't stat 'libflashplayer.so': No such file or directory
    Sounds like you're not in the right directory.

You can either go:

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

then try to cp, OR, you can do this (all on one line):

cp /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak

Of course, if you do this, you will -still- need to CD into the directory so that you can run the sed command.

My suggestion, do a cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

then type:

ls

That will list the contents of the directory. If you don't see a libflashplayer.so file, then somehow you have managed to remove it, or move it somewhere else (basically, it means you failed to follow the directions exactly). That may require you to run a webOS doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrambler View Post
    Actually, mine says "sed: write error", so I'm not sure if that's the same as a read error, though it should be solved by remounting as rw, I assume. As for the pasting issue, I just realized I can't do the shortcut keys for it but have to right click/paste.

Can someone confirm what the root of the command prompt is? Is it supposed to start as "root@[Device Name]:/#"?
    That's certainly root.

You of course need to be in the directory that contains your libflashplayer.so file BEFORE you can run sed.

Follow the directions given in my post on page 1 of this thread exactly and you -should- have no problems.
    Yeah I try to cd and it isn't working I check with pwd and I am still in root :/ Tried copypasting and typing it myself but it isn't letting me cd

I do ls and it shows the directories but I can't seem to change to any of them.
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast