Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 507
Like Tree73Likes
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    Ok I will start over from the top.

    I copy each line, paste it into the command line. After each line I hit enter and after I have completed all of this reboot correct?
    Correct.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by joemikecox View Post
    I can verify that ncinerate's tweak works. Now if I could just get my flash a little smoother.
    Awesome!

    To get you flash running smoother, a few suggestions:

    First, make sure all logging is off and you have the various muffle logging patches. A basic overview etc can be found here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

    Now overclock to 1.5ghz

    Finally, make sure you view the flash video in fullscreen (it's faster that way).

    Should smooth things out nicely .
  3. #123  
    can someone port this hack to the pre ? this including a user agent spoof would render the payed grooveshark service useless ...
  4. #124  
    Wiki page is updated and works if you follow the instructions correctly. The instructions should work for any WebOS device with flash files installed. This includes:

    -Touchpad
    -Pre- with 2.1
    -Pre2 with 2.1
    -Pre3 (possibly)


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5. thurman's Avatar
    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    #125  
    Wow I want to thank nicinerate for helping me with this fix. I feel so noobiey. It works perfect. THANKS!!!!
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
  6. #126  
    I tried it and it works!

    Right after taking it out of Developer Mode for the last time, it didn't work (wouldn't play a show on Hulu), so I rebooted the pad and all was good.

    Thanks soooo much!!!!!
  7. #127  
    If anyone feels that this fix hinders any other service, video, or website, then message here or private message me.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    Wow I want to thank nicinerate for helping me with this fix. I feel so noobiey. It works perfect. THANKS!!!!
    No problem man, glad I could help!
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollybolly View Post
    If anyone's interested, this also enabled the BBC Radio iPlayer. Listening to Yes Minister as I type!!
    Confirmed - BBC radio Iplayer works brilliantly (and I'm in the US). Very nice!
  10. #130  
    I would again recommend updating the instructions for the sake of simplicity:

    cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins
    cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak
    sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so
    reboot

    There is no need to chmod the libflashplayer.so file since you did nothing to change its existing permissions (-rwxrwxr-x). The copy you made will have -rwxr-xr-x. If you cp it back over the original then you should chmod 775 libflashplayer.so to change its permissions back to -rwxrwxr-x.
  11. #131  
    will this fix work for canadians?
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by afanofosc View Post
    I would again recommend updating the instructions for the sake of simplicity:

    cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins
    cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak
    sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so
    reboot

    There is no need to chmod the libflashplayer.so file since you did nothing to change its existing permissions (-rwxrwxr-x). The copy you made will have -rwxr-xr-x. If you cp it back over the original then you should chmod 775 libflashplayer.so to change its permissions back to -rwxrwxr-x.
    I went ahead and edited my post on page 1 to reflect this. It shaves a couple lines of typing off the whole process. Thanks afanofosc.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by lenholgerson View Post
    will this fix work for canadians?
    Don't think so - pretty sure hulu blocks canada based on IP address.

    Sorry.

    It should get bbc iplayer radio working though, and that's gotta be worth something .
  14. woody88's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #134  
    Thanks guys for all of the work as usual!

    This brings up an interesting aspect that I've been sad about; and that is viewing slingbox on the browser. Does anyone think what has applied to hulu and its fix, can somehow be implemented to how sling restrict the touchpad to view remotely?

    Ever since I owned the original Pre, this has always bother me a lot. and looks like for sure sling will not develop a player, and I don't know why they would still block the touchpad users at this time. Any ideas on this guys that we can address the browser issue with sling player?
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    I APOLOGIZE FOR THE ERROR THAT WAS HERE - I HAVE SINCE FIXED IT BY CHANGING THE MV TO A CP COMMAND, MY BAD, EVERYTHING SHOULD NOW WORK PROPERLY.

    Please remember that this is an advanced fix using a terminal connection to a linux command line. You are doing this at your own risk. It is a simple process, but if you are at all unsure of your ability to follow these instructions -exactly- please do not attempt this unless you want to visit the webOS doctor.

    I went ahead and changed this post (thanks Abyssul). I've removed the link to the file - but - Abyssul has given us an even easier method. Here's what you do:

    First, ensure you are in DEV MODE. If you don't know how to do this, check my post here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

    Go into webOS quick install on your home pc - you can find it here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

    Run the program, select the TOOLS tab, and pick LINUX COMMANDLINE. Make sure your browser is closed on the touchpad.

    You should now be in a terminal at a command line looking at your touchpad .

    Now type or copy and paste the following lines into the terminal window. Hit enter after each line:

    cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

    cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

    sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so

    reboot



    TADA, hulu works.

    Want to reverse the process? Simply type (ALL ONE LINE):
    cp /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so




    OK Guys Noob needs Help, TP is in Dev mode, im getting an error about file system is read only. The device IS IN DEV MODE, what am i doing wrong?
  16. #136  
    anyone know if this fixes the ability to watch Netflix through the browser or is that a different issue altogether?
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemarshall76 View Post
    anyone know if this fixes the ability to watch Netflix through the browser or is that a different issue altogether?
    Netflix uses Silverlight by Microsoft not Flash. The only way to watch Netflix is via PlayOn.
  18. #138  
    Can't create Read only file system? what am i doing wrong?
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    And if Android is so "open", then why hasn't the Android community figured out how to do this for Android after all this time?

    Great job guys, and thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
    Thanks guys for all of the work as usual!

    This brings up an interesting aspect that I've been sad about; and that is viewing slingbox on the browser. Does anyone think what has applied to hulu and its fix, can somehow be implemented to how sling restrict the touchpad to view remotely?

    Ever since I owned the original Pre, this has always bother me a lot. and looks like for sure sling will not develop a player, and I don't know why they would still block the touchpad users at this time. Any ideas on this guys that we can address the browser issue with sling player?
    Wondering the same thing, the Touchpad get awfully close to playing
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontyo View Post
    Can't create Read only file system? what am i doing wrong?
    No idea.

    Try putting the touchpad in USB mode and see if you can create the files then. If not, you may be able to set it to read write...

    If I recall correctly, the command is

    mount -o remount,rw

    Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, it's been awhile.
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions