Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by srinsubra View Post
    still the same result - "Read-only file system"

the permission is: -rwxr-xr-x
    Try the file I just sent in your private message. If that doesnt work, you probably need to do a webos doctor.
    It may be because you are connected in just charge mode rather than usb mode. I would try switching and see if you still get the read only filesystem error.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I think the command:

chmod 755 /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

screwed it up. I am having the same thing but not good enough with linux to figure it out.
    I pm'ed you, check your messages.
    putting in webos20090606 in just type, shows me that devie is in developer mode
    gapost, while in the /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins working directory what do you see when you ls -l libflashplayer.so?
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Hey daffy, I sent you a private message. That should fix your problem, just use webos quick install to send that file to /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

It's also already ready to go, so no need to do anything else. I apologize for screwing ya up there .
    Thanks so much for your help but now I have a new wrinkle. When I go to Hulu (I have a Hulu+ account), I get the message:

Hulu requires Flash Player 10.0.32 or higher. Please download and install the latest version of Flash Player before continuing.
    I used to be able to watch Hulu shows.
    The wiki had an incorrect command in the SED line. It did not reference WHERE the libflash file was. I edited it. Works fine for me now.
    I recommend editing the wiki page so that you cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins and then the cp and sed commands just use libflashplayer.so rather than the full path to this file (which is easy to type incorrectly).
    Quote Originally Posted by afanofosc View Post
    gapost, while in the /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins working directory what do you see when you ls -l libflashplayer.so?
    I see:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 7467095 Aug 25 16:37 libflashplayer.so

But that is on the replacement file from ncinerate. I just ran sed on that replacement file and it works now. It was just a permission issue and I couldn't get it out of read only.

Awesome work, ncinerate!!
    any recommendations for me to fix the read only issue without using webos doctor? TBH .. not even sure how to do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
    Thanks so much for your help but now I have a new wrinkle. When I go to Hulu (I have a Hulu+ account), I get the message:

I used to be able to watch Hulu shows.
    Now that the file is there, try going back into the command line, and go

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

now run the final command

That should make it work. It has worked for others....

If it's not working, you may have borked it due to my bad initial instructions. I apologize greatly - webos doctor is in your future .
    daffy4u likes this.
    @srinsubra, did you reboot and connect in USB mode? Can you post precisely the commands you are trying after a reboot and connect in USB mode?
    can i rename the libflashplayer.so.bak file to libflashplayer.so by any chance?
    would the mv command do that?
    i have actually been is jsut charge mode .. is that the source of my problems?
    i have actually been is jsut charge mode .. is that the source of my problems?
    Shouldnt be.

You can try to mv the file back, give it a shot, let us know what it says.
    Having changed directory to /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins there is no reason to use the full path here. Simplify this to just chmod 755 libflashplayer.so

755 means -rwxr-xr-x. The original .so has -rwxrwxr-x which is 775.
    ok -- switched to USB mode, and used the mv command:
    mv /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak

then i switched directory to /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

a ls -l shows me that i now have libflashplayer.so with the -rwxr-xr-x persmission
    oops .. meant mv /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    Now that the file is there, try going back into the command line, and go

now run the final command

That should make it work. It has worked for others....

If it's not working, you may have borked it due to my bad initial instructions. I apologize greatly - webos doctor is in your future .
    That seems to have done the trick! Thank you so much!

Code:
    root@DebsTouchPad:/# cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins
    root@DebsTouchPad:/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins#
    root@DebsTouchPad:/usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins# chmod 755 /usr/lib/BrowserServe
    rPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    chmod 755 /usr/lib/BrowserServe
    rPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    ok -- switched to USB mode, and used the mv command:
    mv /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak

then i switched directory to /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

a ls -l shows me that i now have libflashplayer.so with the -rwxr-xr-x persmission
    YAY!

Ok, stay in that directory, and run the sed command on that file, then the final command from my original post.

You should be fixed .