Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526
Like Tree73Likes
    the 3.0.5 update broke the hulu patch.

when will a new patch be released?. Also, I noticed that the previous patch did not actually break my software package manager... So never had to do the uninstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcniela View Post
    the 3.0.5 update broke the hulu patch.

when will a new patch be released?. Also, I noticed that the previous patch did not actually break my software package manager... So never had to do the uninstall.
    Yes please, a new patch! I loved hulu on my touchpad. Android just doesn't play it well.
    There is one here. The -NEW- HULU fix!. Worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaitch32 View Post
    There is one here. The -NEW- HULU fix!. Worked for me.
    for the Pre 3 ...yes, I know this is not the Pre 3 thread ...I just thought you might know if it's in the works...
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    THIS POST IS MASSIVELY OUTDATED, FOR THE NEWEST 3.0.4 PATCH FOR HULU, GO HERE:

http://forums.precentral.net/3218146-post139.html

BEFORE YOU DO THIS - There is a preware patch in the testing feeds that will do all this for you, and it should hit the normal preware feed soon. I'd recommend you either wait for the patch or go install the testing feeds and install the patch there.

Please remember that this is an advanced fix using a terminal connection to a linux command line. You are doing this at your own risk. It is a simple process, but if you are at all unsure of your ability to follow these instructions -exactly- please do not attempt this unless you want to visit the webOS doctor.

I went ahead and changed this post (thanks Abyssul). I've removed the link to the file - but - Abyssul has given us an even easier method. Here's what you do:

First, ensure you are in DEV MODE. If you don't know how to do this, check my post here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

Go into webOS quick install on your home pc - you can find it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

Run the program, select the TOOLS tab, and pick LINUX COMMANDLINE. Make sure your browser is closed on the touchpad.

You should now be in a terminal at a command line looking at your touchpad .

Now type or copy and paste the following lines into the terminal window. Hit enter after each line:

mount -o remount,rw /

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so

reboot

TADA, hulu works.

Want to reverse the process? Simply type (ALL ONE LINE):
    cp /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

it's easy to fix if your tablet is a Visual Land Prestige 7L Android. in that case the menu shuld be in the top right of your browser screen and look like this
    :
    ' well,somewhat like 3 dots stacked on top of each other. clicking on it will show a drop-down menu. just select 'request desktop site'. that will fix hulu. it worked for me.
    Has anyone tried this on an Hp touchpad? Has it worked? Also, is anyone aware of a Netflix 'patch' of sorts?
    Netflix doesn't work at all on the Touchpad unless you've installed Android on it. No patch can fix that.
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526