Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 507
Like Tree73Likes
  1. #421  
    Not much you can do about that. Either people keep it a secret and -nobody- uses it, or you spread it around and everyone gets a bit of joy out of it but risk a "fix".

    It is what it is.

    At any rate, it's interesting that hulu fixed this, seeing as the android pads have been using this "hack" for a LONG time with no issues (fairly well documented). It took a huge influx of HP users for hulu to make a move. Sad.

    Either way, the hulu patch -still- helps with lots of sites. ESPN3, bbc iplayer, and several others. Still worth having installed since it doesn't, as far as I can tell, break anything.
    vella_ and brandonmarkb like this.
  2. #422  
    I can't view July content either. Maybe they should just make an app for the TouchPad.
  3. #423  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I wonder if they shut the Android guys down, too.
    Doubtful. Don't want to anger a potential buyer(Google).
  4. #424  
    Once a good remote desktop arrives (like splashtop... If that ever happens) it won't be much of a problem.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  5. #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhargett View Post
    Doubtful. Don't want to anger a potential buyer(Google).
    Google doesn't give a ****. They're as hands off as possible. If google themselves released the method to make hulu work, then that would be a different story, but this was just some guys.
  6. #426  
    just got another touchpad after selling it back the day before the firesale was announced...i see that hulu fixed the leak but is the patch still worth getting to help with sites like hbogo, which i love but sucks on touchpad
  7. #427  
    I had installed the patch when it was first available and it worked great until I tried it tonight.

    States it is not available for my platform. Any ideas what to do next?
  8. #428  
    What is their reasoning in blocking touchpad in the 1st place? Seems to me, the more traffic they get, the better it is for them. This is what you get when corps like Comcast own the world.
  9. #429  
    I bet it's probably not their decision, but the content/copyright owners. They dictate where and when and by whom the content is viewed, not Hulu.
  10. #430  
    well, here's my Hulu letter, for what it's worth:

    I am a long term Hulu viewer, and probably a charter "Plus" member.

    I currently watch Hulu on my: Mac Mini HTPC, iPad and my iPhone. I was lucky enough to get in on the HP TouchPad firesale.

    Hulu didn't care that webOS could stream Hulu, until the firesale.

    Tell your content partners that it doesn't take much effort to get commercial free torrents fired up that I can stream to my TouchPad.

    You have one month to get your ducks in a row. Your content partners can join and prosper in today's world, or die a slow painful death because of today's world. It's their choice. I suggest they choose wisely!

    I will be a non-plus member one month from today if I'm not streaming to TouchPad in a sanctioned manner!
    manjazz123 likes this.
  11. #431  
    Still works in Android. In Android, besides changing the libflashplayer file, they also modded the user agent for the browser.
  12. #432  
    Interesting....can we do that in webOS, change the user agent?
  13. #433  
    Here's what shows up when I go to Whats My User Agent? on my Touchpad as "your user agent":

    Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.02; U;..... TouchPad/1.0

    So hulu can still ID the Touchpad.

    With the modded framework.res.apk file in Android, here's what shows in browser:

    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17

    Hulu would see that browser as any desktop browser.
  14. #434  
    I can confirm that changing the useragent makes hulu work again. The question is, can anybody come up with a string that both allows hulu and tells other sites to use tablet styled pages when available?

    The patch I am using is based off of Carl's patch but instead I'm using Linux instead of iPad reference. (fyi the iPad reference works but only if you use the pop out viewer in hulu otherwise it tries to invoke the iPad hulu app)
    jblather likes this.
  15. #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by raymckay View Post
    I can confirm that changing the useragent makes hulu work again. The question is, can anybody come up with a string that both allows hulu and tells other sites to use tablet styled pages when available?

    The patch I am using is based off of Carl's patch but instead I'm using Linux instead of iPad reference. (fyi the iPad reference works but only if you use the pop out viewer in hulu otherwise it tries to invoke the iPad hulu app)
    Could you elaborate on which line to edit of Mr. Thompson's patch? Is the rest of the patch the same? Is there simply a file we can edit that will essentially do the same thing (without applying the patch? Thanks
  16. ften's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by raymckay View Post
    I can confirm that changing the useragent makes hulu work again. The question is, can anybody come up with a string that both allows hulu and tells other sites to use tablet styled pages when available?

    The patch I am using is based off of Carl's patch but instead I'm using Linux instead of iPad reference. (fyi the iPad reference works but only if you use the pop out viewer in hulu otherwise it tries to invoke the iPad hulu app)
    Good Call, thanks for the tip. Works fine for me using Linux users agent.
  17. #437  
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    Could you elaborate on which line to edit of Mr. Thompson's patch? Is the rest of the patch the same? Is there simply a file we can edit that will essentially do the same thing (without applying the patch? Thanks
    I just changed the patch as follows. In the line added by Anonymous for Webos 3.0.2 (Touchpad)

    ORIGINAL DEFINITION FOR UA - Commented this out

    NEW_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B334b Safari/'

    #NEW DEFINITION FOR UA - Kept this to the same length so that the rest of the patch didn't need modification

    NEW_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Chrome/12.0.1 Safari/'

    This is not necessarily ideal because I've somewhat created an impossible UA here with the versioning.

    What I'm hoping to find is a UA string that works to load tablet optimized pages WITHOUT making the hulu website link to the mime type that would get opened by, say the hulu ipad app. That way we get the best of both worlds. This one seems to be good for just getting the general page from most other sites, but obviously, getting the tablet version of sites would be better if possible.
    Marie Whitehead likes this.
  18. #438  
    Could this patch be submitted to Preware? Even if it could only be used for Hulu, if it were in Preware, then people could put it on for their Hulu viewing and take it off easily when they were done. Not ideal for the heavy user, but better than no Hulu at all and could be very workable for the occasional Hulu user.
  19. #439  
    I feel that Video Flood HD in the App Cat is a pretty good Hulu alternative.
  20. #440  
    Quote Originally Posted by raymckay View Post
    I just changed the patch as follows. In the line added by Anonymous for Webos 3.0.2 (Touchpad)

    ORIGINAL DEFINITION FOR UA - Commented this out

    NEW_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B334b Safari/'

    #NEW DEFINITION FOR UA - Kept this to the same length so that the rest of the patch didn't need modification

    NEW_UA='Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Chrome/12.0.1 Safari/'

    This is not necessarily ideal because I've somewhat created an impossible UA here with the versioning.

    What I'm hoping to find is a UA string that works to load tablet optimized pages WITHOUT making the hulu website link to the mime type that would get opened by, say the hulu ipad app. That way we get the best of both worlds. This one seems to be good for just getting the general page from most other sites, but obviously, getting the tablet version of sites would be better if possible.
    I made similar changes, but the problem is that App catalog no longer works. Has anyone figured out a user agent that works for both?

Posting Permissions