Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by UCLAKoolman View Post
    Patch worked for me, but the Hulu vid I tried to play was slow and choppy. Audio was fine.

Youtube videos still play fine
    Hulu patch works. Thanks.
    The video is very choppy and audio and video is out of sync as a result...
    But when I maximize the screen, it plays flawlessly... *shrug*
    I just installed the "Hulu Fix" from PreWare and it seems to be working whe I tried it by watch Simpsons episode. Is this fix official or should I have used the method decribed in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsharpensiron View Post
    It's crazy isn't it, iPad users can access it but we can't? What's the reasoning behind this, anyone know?

I get tired of exclusionary business practices, with certain programs only working on certain devices, but I guess greed makes the corporate world go round.
    iPad users don't get access to the free version on their web browsers. They only get a HULU Plus app that is a subscription based model.
    I just installed the Hulu Fix from Preware, and it seems to be working great. On TV Land, I can watch all the video clips, but not the full episodes - I get that same message that it is not available in my location (also USA), but I don't think that is a TouchPad problem. With this fix, I can now watch the Comcast video clips that I could not watch before.

I watched a full episode of "How I Met Your Mother" on mylifetime.com with no problem. I have never watch that show, so I am trying something on TLC. I love The Little Couple and 19 Kids and Counting. Yep, I can watch the videos on TLC, too.

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by TheDewWorm; 09/04/2011 at 04:28 PM. Reason: correction
    Typo Lad likes this.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Having problems finding the "hulu fix" patch in the testing feeds. I am positive that I've set up the "all" and the "armv7" feeds properly, but nothing is coming up that says anything about hulu in the patches category. The most recent patch that is shown is the "remove untrusted SSL certs". Did it get pulled because it will be put in the main feed soon?
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    there is an update, ne1 try it yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    is hulu broken again for anyone?
    Working in confusing ways. Some videos yes, some no. I have Hulu Plus and when I log in its a crap shoot. But at one point when it wasn't working I got it going by clearing the cache.
    Got the patch installed and hulu now plays videos - but there's an audio loop effect that is maddening. I've tried clearing cache and cookies, reboots, different browser - same effect. It's like the scene audio is playing in about 3 - 5 versions over and over a few seconds apart.

Anybody else experience this? Any ideas?
    for those who are having trouble finding the hulu fix patch in Preware. I found mine not in patches, but in linux application. If this helps.
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    thanks it works great! Can't the same be done for Netflix?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I thought Netflix used Silverlight, not Flash.
    Got Hulu up and running. Thanks guys! Awesome. I never tried Hulu before it was blocked so I didn't miss it but after watching some programs, all I can say is that I was missing out! Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrose View Post
    Got the patch installed and hulu now plays videos - but there's an audio loop effect that is maddening. I've tried clearing cache and cookies, reboots, different browser - same effect. It's like the scene audio is playing in about 3 - 5 versions over and over a few seconds apart.

Anybody else experience this? Any ideas?
    I'm having this same identical issue on my 16gb. The odd thing is, before hulu blocked touchpad access it worked perfectly. I've done the linux command line patch as well as the testing and public patches, none worked. I've done a doctor restore 3 times trying to figure this out and it truly is maddening. What makes it worse for me is that my wife has a 32gb model and I have it setup exactly like mine, same patches and overclocking and hulu works perfectly. I'm at a loss and have given up for the most part. I'd love to hear if anyone else is having the problem and fixed it.
    Installed the Hulu fix from Preware. Seems to work with the following exception. I noticed that after switching to full screen, if I pause the playback I cannot get it to resume properly. I will heard the audio but the video does not resume. Is this a known issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDewWorm View Post
    I just installed the Hulu Fix from Preware, and it seems to be working great. On TV Land, I can watch all the video clips, but not the full episodes - I get that same message that it is not available in my location (also USA),
    No, I think this is a TouchPad problem because I can watch the full episodes on my non-webOS phone.

VideoFlood just added Lifetime to their networks list and I can finally watch programs there. It was hit or miss for me before.

I'm also having problems with tnt.tv. Sometimes the ads will stop with 1 second left and so the full episode never starts.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Yes Lurker X, you are correct. Silverlight and Flash are two altogether different beasts. Netflix on the TP would be wonderful, since the hardware can certainly handle it, but that looks like a long shot without miracle workers (of course there are plenty of 'em out here as i'm learning!)...
    I have an issue where running a Hulu video, the video is fine but there is no volume. I thought it was because I had turned the music volume off, but even after bumping that up, there is no audio. Did a search on the forums here but I don't see anyone else seeming to have this issue. Is there a fix for it?
    Sounds silly but did you make sure you enabled sound in the video? My fat fingers keep hitting them sound while trying to hit the maximize.

Sill getting intermittent freezes after ads or when hitting next with both the manual and patch.

Anybody play with the browser-app.conf yet to see if any of the variables help? Disabling cache doesn't seem to do much.
    It seems they may have got around the patch and blocked us again. I'm getting the original error about how the "platform" is not supported.

I had stopped trying to watch videos on Hulu anyway because I was not having any luck playing them.
    The commercials would play fine, but as soon as the program would start the picture would go black while the audio continued playing.