Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by immortalnomad View Post
    Hello everyone. I have prewar installed. I also have both of the test feeds installed in prewar needed for the Touchpad. When I look for Hulu patch, it does not show in available patches. Please help. Thanks-
    Double check every backslash and letter in the feed URL's you entered. It is there; you likely made a typing mistake. Try re-entering.
    I have both patches properly installed(they were actually already installed) and I do not see the Hulu patch fix. I have done a lunar restart anyway and still nothing. All feeds have been updated. Nothing is there. Please help. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by immortalnomad View Post
    I have both patches properly installed(they were actually already installed) and I do not see the Hulu patch fix. I have done a lunar restart anyway and still nothing. All feeds have been updated. Nothing is there. Please help. Thanks.
    There are 3 testing feeds. These two:

Target Device: ALL
    Name: webos-testing-all
    URL: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/

Target Device: Pre/Pre+/Pre2/Veer/TouchPad/Pre3
    Name: webos-testing-armv7
    URL: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-.../testing/armv7

And then the kernel-testing feed which you add using the instructions at the bottom of this page:

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

The Hulu Fix patch shows up in preware under Patch->All in the THIS WEEK section. It says it is in the WebOS Internals Testing feed but I am not sure it showed up for me until I added all three of the above feeds. It is so easy to do manually, though, using the command line launched via WOSQI
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    would be great if they could make a fix for slingplayer too. The page is flash based so figure should be able to work if it would load.

but not trying to take away from the great work here
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    is this patch in Preware yet?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Hulu is broken again

edit: clearing cache/cookies/history fixed my problem!
    Last edited by MicahDG; 08/31/2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Patch worked for me, but the Hulu vid I tried to play was slow and choppy. Audio was fine.

Youtube videos still play fine
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    Hulu is broken again
    ... No it's not.

I'm using it right now :/.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Well crap. It tells me hulu doesn't have right blah blah blah I installed the patch from the testing feed last night, and it worked last night. How do you take a screenshot on the touchpad? :P
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Well crap. It tells me hulu doesn't have right blah blah blah I installed the patch from the testing feed last night, and it worked last night. How do you take a screenshot on the touchpad? :P
    did it ever wrk for u then stop wrking? if so....
    i had the same issue, just delete patch clear cache, cookies, history then reboot.
    reinstall the patch reboot and it shud wrk agn. lemme if that wrks
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddy0090 View Post
    did it ever wrk for u then stop wrking? if so....
    i had the same issue, just delete patch clear cache, cookies, history then reboot.
    reinstall the patch reboot and it shud wrk agn. lemme if that wrks
    Yes, it worked last night, then not today.

Clearing the history/cache/cookies did it. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    glad to help njoy
    Hi everyone sorry for the stupid question, but does anyone know if we can change the user agent browser to ipad browser or firefox or anything else?
    You know, I saw that message, but it still let me stream a movie.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Were you ever able to pull up a Novacom window on your PC when it was hooked up to your TouchPad?

I'm assuming you were and were able to correctly patch the lib file.

Can you tell me exactly what that error said?
    First, ensure you are in DEV MODE. If you don't know how to do this, check my post here:

New Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide

Go into webOS quick install on your home pc - you can find it here:

WebOS Quick Install v4.2.3

Run the program, select the TOOLS tab, and pick LINUX COMMANDLINE. Make sure your browser is closed on the touchpad.

You should now be in a terminal at a command line looking at your touchpad .

Now type or copy and paste the following lines into the terminal window. Hit enter after each line:

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so

reboot

If you run into any issues related to your touchpad regarding it being in Read Only mode, you can fix it by typing the following:

mount -o remount,rw /

Then hit enter, and perform the steps listed above.

TADA, hulu works.

Want to reverse the process? Simply type (ALL ONE LINE):
    cp /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

I did the above and it seemed to work until I rebooted and then I got this:

novacomd socket was closed prematurely
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server

Now what do I need to do?
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    BEFORE YOU DO THIS - There is a preware patch in the testing feeds that will do all this for you, and it should hit the normal preware feed soon. I'd recommend you either wait for the patch or go install the testing feeds and install the patch there.

Please remember that this is an advanced fix using a terminal connection to a linux command line. You are doing this at your own risk. It is a simple process, but if you are at all unsure of your ability to follow these instructions -exactly- please do not attempt this unless you want to visit the webOS doctor.

I went ahead and changed this post (thanks Abyssul). I've removed the link to the file - but - Abyssul has given us an even easier method. Here's what you do:

First, ensure you are in DEV MODE. If you don't know how to do this, check my post here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

Go into webOS quick install on your home pc - you can find it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

Run the program, select the TOOLS tab, and pick LINUX COMMANDLINE. Make sure your browser is closed on the touchpad.

You should now be in a terminal at a command line looking at your touchpad .

Now type or copy and paste the following lines into the terminal window. Hit enter after each line:

mount -o remount,rw /

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so

reboot

TADA, hulu works.

Want to reverse the process? Simply type (ALL ONE LINE):
    cp /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    Worked great! I would change one thing for idiots like myself who aren't programers. I wondered for a minute or two whether to paste the reboot line as the spacing goes along with the instructions you posted. I was able to reason it out that you would never want an imbedded instruction in part of your code telling the device to reboot at that point. So, I copied all but that line and then closed the command line box and rebooted and it worked! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    it took me about 5 tries but finally success!!!!!! thanks guys.
    Hulu works for me now, but I'm getting an error over on TV Land that says, "Sorry, this video is unavailable from your location." I'm in the US, so that shouldn't be an issue. It works fine on my PC.

Also, when I try to watch shows on tnt.tv, sometimes the initial ad will play until the last second or two and then it just stops, so the show won't come on.

I guess I'll remove the Hulu patch and see if these other sites work better.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmcoch View Post
    Hulu works for me now, but I'm getting an error over on TV Land that says, "Sorry, this video is unavailable from your location." I'm in the US, so that shouldn't be an issue. It works fine on my PC.

Also, when I try to watch shows on tnt.tv, sometimes the initial ad will play until the last second or two and then it just stops, so the show won't come on.

I guess I'll remove the Hulu patch and see if these other sites work better.
    That's interesting... I have similar issues. I used to be able to watch stuff on ilemi dot eu but it no longer works. Can someone who hasn't applied the patch see if they have any success? I get "Connection failed" Application rejection connection"
    I can't get video to work on mylifetime.com either. Guess I'll try some networks to see if they work. I did remove the Hulu Fix patch and did a luna restart and I still can't get these sites to work.