Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    The question now is: Now that there's a published article about the fix, will Hulu actively try to disable it again?
    why would they, its good business, I'd sign up for Hulu Premium if I can play it on my tablet. so by disabling.. won't that be bad business?
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    why would they, its good business, I'd sign up for Hulu Premium if I can play it on my tablet. so by disabling.. won't that be bad business?
    When it comes to tv/movie/music rights, it's not always that easy. generally the industry needs to be dragged kicking and screaming into modern times.
    Thanks for nothing ZDNet!
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Awesome. We know what all of hulu's engineer's are going to be working on today...
    HULU Fix worked! I just wish it performed better. I rarely go to Hulu, but it's nice to have it working. Thanks!
    <<threads merged>>
    this just plays the ads then goes black anyone else getting that?
    I have testing feeds installed and still can't find the HULU patch; what am I doing wrong?
    ok got it working forgot to restart
    I don't think Hulu will bother spending resources trying to find another way to block Android and webOS.

The number of people that will implement this workaround is miniscule; they're just trying to prevent a flood of the entire community of regular TouchPad users from accessing Hulu content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterjoy93 View Post
    I have testing feeds installed and still can't find the HULU patch; what am I doing wrong?
    I also have both the 'All' and the 'Arm7' testing feeds active, but I do not see the hulu patch.
    I also rebooted the device...I still don't see it.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    Any word on when this tweak will show up in Preware
    For those of you looking for this patch in preware, you have to first all the "testing" feed. It's the first one on WebOS wiki: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    My fault; I typed the feeds address wrong. Found it and HULU is working. Thanks!
    Abyssul, mahalo for the wiki. It worked great, aloha
    After experimenting around with my HP TouchPad to find out why it was giving me bad frame rate, I finally found the solution

Solution:
    After getting to a page with a video, pause it and scroll down. You should see a LOT of images with the loading icon. These images are preview images for the videos. LET ALL OF THEM LOAD. After they all load, play the video and watch the video in great frame rate with audio and video in sync. Even in 480p!

Please tell me if it works, as it worked for me. Such a simple and dumb solution. Also note, I have not overclocked my TouchPad, I have only used the "Get Started Guide" and installed those preware patches onto my TouchPad.
    jblather likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    It's crazy isn't it, iPad users can access it but we can't? What's the reasoning behind this, anyone know?

I get tired of exclusionary business practices, with certain programs only working on certain devices, but I guess greed makes the corporate world go round.
    it's business and end of the day its all about money.
    Global Posts
    957 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MicahDG View Post
    Awesome. We know what all of hulu's engineer's are going to be working on today...
    Doubt they'll do anything about it.
    We're basically changing a file telling the website we're using a PC browser and not WebOS browser.