Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    yes, in hulu set playback to 280p
    Setting it at 280p does not help the framerate drop. I first used ncinerate's method of fixing Hulu and it worked great for me, except for that sometimes after an ad in the middle of a video, Hulu would cause a framerate drop. Then I decided to remove that method by reversing the process and then decided to use the Hulu Fix on Preware and so far I've been having Hulu stutter and the audio is never in sync with the video...Even in 280p.

I've already gone through the "Get Started Guide" and installed various patches onto my TouchPad that heavily increased performance. I have not overclocked my TouchPad. Sigh...Why is my TouchPad messed up with Hulu.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    There's no good way to spoof an IP address outside of using a proxy site or a tunnel, and those don't usually have high enough bandwidth to allow use of a video streaming site.

Same reason I can't watch BBC tv .

Sorry, but it's not going to change anytime soon, you're going to have to live with enjoying BBC programming ;p.
    I really wish I could watch BBC tv. Do any sites stream it in US? BBC America?
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaobus View Post
    Setting it at 280p does not help the framerate drop. I first used ncinerate's method of fixing Hulu and it worked great for me, except for that sometimes after an ad in the middle of a video, Hulu would cause a framerate drop. Then I decided to remove that method by reversing the process and then decided to use the Hulu Fix on Preware and so far I've been having Hulu stutter and the audio is never in sync with the video...Even in 280p.

I've already gone through the "Get Started Guide" and installed various patches onto my TouchPad that heavily increased performance. I have not overclocked my TouchPad. Sigh...Why is my TouchPad messed up with Hulu.
    Are you sure nothing else changed?

I was about to reverse the original fix to the patch.

Thanks
    My webos quick install doesn't have any patch for the hulu and it also does not have a tools tab...am i missing something here? Already installed preware and several of the other patches and the touchpad is working great but would like to be able to get hulu to work as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfizzo View Post
    My webos quick install doesn't have any patch for the hulu and it also does not have a tools tab...am i missing something here? Already installed preware and several of the other patches and the touchpad is working great but would like to be able to get hulu to work as well.
    Did you update the feeds?
    Simply adding the two feeds to Preware (took all of 30 sec to do. Instructions here Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals) allows it to show up...

Then installed the Hulu patch, rebooted, and viola! it works (though I remember I played a Colbert episode before Hulu decided to block the TP... stupid Hulu)
    Tablet PC: HP 2730p [all the goodies: 2 slice batteries, slim dock, Intel X18-m 160GB, 8GB ram, ect...] | Toshiba Tecra M4 [Crucial M4 64GB SSD, 2GB ram, ect...]
    entertainment tablet: HP touchpad 32GB -sold it, it just doesn't cut the mustard-
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 9 View Post
    Simply adding the two feeds to Preware (took all of 30 sec to do. Instructions here Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals) allows it to show up...

Then installed the Hulu patch, rebooted, and viola! it works (though I remember I played a Colbert episode before Hulu decided to block the TP... stupid Hulu)
    THANKS. worked like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilferret View Post
    Are you sure nothing else changed?

I was about to reverse the original fix to the patch.

Thanks
    If the original fix works perfectly fine for you, I suggest for you to not to use this patch. But if you do decide to use the patch...for whatever reason. Please let me know how it went!
    First, sincere thanks for this great fix. This is what i have noticed after playing around with Hulu on my TP.

If i play hulu video in card view, after 3 to 4 minutes, the video/audio pauses. Once I bring the browser in full screen mode, video/audio resumes. I don't see this behavior with msnbc/cnbc/youtube videos. I can play them in card view..sure the video pauses...but the audio keeps playing and as soon as browser is in full screen mode, video restarts. Is this related to Hulu setting or some other issue? Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    If the original fix works perfectly fine for you, I suggest for you to not to use this patch. But if you do decide to use the patch...for whatever reason. Please let me know how it went!
    Eh I'm getting intermittent video freezes after ads and its driving me nuts.

Not sure if its a flash issue and I should just live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilferret View Post
    Eh I'm getting intermittent video freezes after ads and its driving me nuts.

Not sure if its a flash issue and I should just live with it.
    When I used the original fix I had those problems in-between ads. It was driving me nuts, but a simple fix was just to move the slider around till the video and audio synced. Are these issues with using the preware patch?
    When I used the original fix I had those problems in-between ads. It was driving me nuts, but a simple fix was just to move the slider around till the video and audio synced. Are these issues with using the preware patch?
    Heh same thing drove me nuts. I just installed the preware patch. I have a gut feeling it won't make a difference.
    Cant find Hulu in the app store. Any help?
    A Hulu App is not necessary. The fix discussed in this thread is for the Flashplayer in the webOS web browser. Simply apply the patch and then point your browser to Hulu. Simple as that.
    perfect explains it all. Thanks
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Anyone having problems with the July site? It's not rendering correct and it's not running any videos . It was working on Saturday but not last night.
    yea this is not working for me. I only see the ads. Anyone else?
    best side effect ever. Espn3 now works
    The patch and the original fix do the same basic thing (with one exception, I think the patch has changed things to make your identifier LNX while I kept it WIN).

So, if it's not broke don't fix it definitively applies here ;p.
    Hi all,

FYI. See link.

take care,

Jay

Homebrew patch for HP TouchPad reenables Hulu
    By James Kendrick | August 29, 2011, 5:24am PDT

Homebrew patch for HP TouchPad reenables Hulu | ZDNet

Summary: Hulu disabled the ability to play its videos on the HP TouchPad a few days ago to the concern of owners. A homebrew patch makes it a simple process to get Hulu videos playing again
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group