Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    [QUOTE=I APOLOGIZE FOR THE ERROR THAT WAS HERE - I HAVE SINCE FIXED IT BY CHANGING THE MV TO A CP COMMAND, MY BAD, EVERYTHING SHOULD NOW WORK PROPERLY.

Please remember that this is an advanced fix using a terminal connection to a linux command line. You are doing this at your own risk. It is a simple process, but if you are at all unsure of your ability to follow these instructions -exactly- please do not attempt this unless you want to visit the webOS doctor.

I went ahead and changed this post (thanks Abyssul). I've removed the link to the file - but - Abyssul has given us an even easier method. Here's what you do:

First, ensure you are in DEV MODE. If you don't know how to do this, check my post here:

New Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide

Go into webOS quick install on your home pc - you can find it here:

WebOS Quick Install v4.2.3

Run the program, select the TOOLS tab, and pick LINUX COMMANDLINE. Make sure your browser is closed on the touchpad.

You should now be in a terminal at a command line looking at your touchpad .

Now type or copy and paste the following lines into the terminal window. Hit enter after each line:

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so

reboot

If you run into any issues related to your touchpad regarding it being in Read Only mode, you can fix it by typing the following:

mount -o remount,rw /

Then hit enter, and perform the steps listed above.

TADA, hulu works.

Want to reverse the process? Simply type (ALL ONE LINE):
    cp /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

I did the above and it seemed to work until I rebooted and then I got this:

novacomd socket was closed prematurely
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server

Now what do I need to do?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/28/2011 at 03:05 PM.
    there is also a download limiter removal you can try installing.
    Added the testing feed, selected the Hulu Fix patch, and now "Downloading / Installing" for 10 minutes. That's not right - right?
    i'm also suffering from poor Hulu framerate. I uninstalled the "Unthrottle..." patch, deleted cache/cookies, performed a Luna Restart, retried the same Hulu video and voila, nice and smooth Hulu video. To verify I reinstalled the "Unthrottle" patch and Luna restarted, watched the same video and the poor framerate returned. Oddly enough I uninstalled it once more but the video still stutters. I should have left well enough alone.

Grrrr
    Last edited by neoGTR22; 08/28/2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    I PM'd the member from the first page regarding this fix...he said there should be a patch in Preware hopefully this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    I PM'd the member from the first page regarding this fix...he said there should be a patch in Preware hopefully this week.
    pretty sure I saw it already there this morning
    Last edited by neoGTR22; 08/28/2011 at 01:12 PM.
    Is there a patch available in preware? If so what is it called...I didn't see anything new and I just checked a couple of mins ago.
    webOS internals testing feed
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    i'm also suffering from poor Hulu framerate. I uninstalled the "Unthrottle..." patch, deleted cache/cookies, performed a Luna Restart, retried the same Hulu video and voila, nice and smooth Hulu video. To verify I reinstalled the "Unthrottle" patch and Luna restarted, watched the same video and the poor framerate returned. Oddly enough I uninstalled it once more but the video still stutters. I should have left well enough alone.

Grrrr
    if you change the bitrate to 280p and it will look great even in full screen.

also, don't use pinch/zoom to scale the picture. Only run it at 1x or 2x...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if you change the bitrate to 280p and it will look great even in full screen.

also, don't use pinch/zoom to scale the picture. Only run it at 1x or 2x...
    Thanks just tried that. No dice
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by dgdonovan View Post
    If you're getting a read-only error when attempting to copy libflashplayer.so, check how your root file system is mounted (mount | grep 'store-root'). If the first line displayed indicates the root file system, /, is mounted ro, then you need to remount in read-write mode before you can change anything. The command is:

mount -o remount,rw /

... make changes

mount -o remount,ro /

This is equivalent to removing the safety, so make sure you know what you're doing. Otherwise, you'll be doctoring your Touchpad.

I just got my touchpad. i signed up to precentral just to thank you.

This should be included in the sticky/wiki.
    Thanks just tried that. No dice
    try a reboot and switch video to 280p. For me it looks fantastic.
    The patch from Preware works perfectly for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    The patch from Preware works perfectly for me!
    same here, had to clear cashe,cookies etc and then rebooted. Works as it should.

many thanks to all the good ppl here helping out us new TP owners
    Noob question, how do I turn on this testing feed?
    Agreed... I'm confused. I'm new to the touchpad, so I'm sorry if it's something obvious. I read the last few pages and didn't find anything applicable. I went to the top left "Preware" options tab after I opened preware, and webos-internals is in the there already, and enabled. If i do a search for "hulu" from the preware main page, nothing is found. If i click on Available packages > Feeds tab at the bottom > webos internals > There is no hulu anywhere?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
    instructions at webosinternals.org

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 08/28/2011 at 05:57 PM.

Grrrr
    I am also suffering from poor Hulu framerate. Is there any fix to this?
    Ahhh... I see the problem. My feeds have webos-internals feed. I didn't recognize that it wasn't the testing one. Add the testing feed per these instructions to get the hulu patch:
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by lmaobus View Post
    I am also suffering from poor Hulu framerate. Is there any fix to this?
    yes, in hulu set playback to 280p