Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    ^Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

I have it installed and it works but its really choppy and laggy. Is there anything than can be done about this?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masterosok View Post
    ^Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

I have it installed and it works but its really choppy and laggy. Is there anything than can be done about this?
    did you update the TP?

put all the other patches in preware on it?

may be band width problem
    I did update the TP... and I know its not a bandwidth issue cause all my computers work fine even my laptops over wireless. Are there any patches that would specifically effect this? There are quite a few patches and I am not sure I need them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffTheMagic View Post
    2.0 of the Hulu fix will be in Preware testing feed shortly. It fixes the issue with read-only file systems.
    Thanks for putting this together btw puff . Saves me the trouble of having to perform fire-fighting in my private messages - lol.

Also, Masterosok:

I've got the main patches, all the log-killing tricks and patches, 1.5ghz, and hulu is absolutely smooth for me - as long as I fullscreen the video. I also have jstop set up for automatic cleaning.

Hulu is nearly perfect while small, but making it fullscreen makes it totally-perfect... I'm not sure why you'd be experiencing choppiness. When was the last time you rebooted the touchpad? Did you perform all the various tweaks and fixes to make your touchpad faster? Are you running uberkernel?

Try clearing cache/cookies and rebooting. See if that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Thanks for putting this together btw puff . Saves me the trouble of having to perform fire-fighting in my private messages - lol.

Also, Masterosok:

I've got the main patches, all the log-killing tricks and patches, 1.5ghz, and hulu is absolutely smooth for me - as long as I fullscreen the video. I also have jstop set up for automatic cleaning.

Hulu is nearly perfect while small, but making it fullscreen makes it totally-perfect... I'm not sure why you'd be experiencing choppiness. When was the last time you rebooted the touchpad? Did you perform all the various tweaks and fixes to make your touchpad faster? Are you running uberkernel?

what is the jstop patch? Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    is there any downside to this fix? I don't use slacker. Will I run in to problems with other web sites or apps?
    BEFORE YOU DO THIS - There is a preware patch in the testing feeds that will do all this for you, and it should hit the normal preware feed soon. I'd recommend you either wait for the patch or go install the testing feeds and install the patch there.

Please remember that this is an advanced fix using a terminal connection to a linux command line. You are doing this at your own risk. It is a simple process, but if you are at all unsure of your ability to follow these instructions -exactly- please do not attempt this unless you want to visit the webOS doctor.

I went ahead and changed this post (thanks Abyssul). I've removed the link to the file - but - Abyssul has given us an even easier method. Here's what you do:

First, ensure you are in DEV MODE. If you don't know how to do this, check my post here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

Go into webOS quick install on your home pc - you can find it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

Run the program, select the TOOLS tab, and pick LINUX COMMANDLINE. Make sure your browser is closed on the touchpad.

You should now be in a terminal at a command line looking at your touchpad .

Now type or copy and paste the following lines into the terminal window. Hit enter after each line:

mount -o remount,rw /

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so

reboot

TADA, hulu works.

Want to reverse the process? Simply type (ALL ONE LINE):
    cp /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    I would also add the following command if the user wanted to go back to the original flash file.

chmod 775 libflashplayer.so

Thanks.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    is there any downside to this fix? I don't use slacker. Will I run in to problems with other web sites or apps?
    I haven't found any problems with this patch. I don't think you'll find problems with other sites or apps.
    Well it worked for me the other day. But after doing the steps recommended here, http://forums.precentral.net/3027858-post37.html, it stopped working. So I removed the Max Blocker, and the ads would show up. Well at least the first video add, but then it would freeze. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Topp
    yesterday it worked fine except for flash videos stopping download and buffering after few minutes of playing

but today flash video stutter !

We need to make a bounty for who ever puts flash 10.3 on this and improves the performance to make it run with no stuttering or slow down or download buffering interruption and fix the flash auoload
    Can anyone suggest how I can get an original copy of libflashplayer.so and how I can replace my corrupted file I have now? My Touchpad continually resets on any website with flash so it's pretty my useless at the moment. It even resets on Precentral and the HP support website. Thanks.

edit fixed
    Last edited by Trlsmn; 08/28/2011 at 12:30 AM.
    Where is this Hulu patch? I tried looking in Preware but do not see anything under Hulu
    For what it's worth, there is a patch for this, now in testing (not in public feeds), in Preware. I haven't tried it yet b/c I've already applied the fix posted here. When I get around to reverting these changes and installing the patch, I'll post feedback if no one has beat me to it.
    just installed the hulu fix patch from preware!! Looks like its working flawlessly!
    nded here, [url] it stopped working. So I removed the Max Blocker, and the ads would show up. Well at least the first video add, but then it would freeze. Any ideas?
    I'm having this exact same issue, pre2 with webOS2.1 - oc'd to 1.4g
    I can't figure this one out, since after removing max blocker and AD #1 plays, it just seems to hang after that, does not load AD #2.. :/
    -TP

Thanks,
    Topp[/QUOTE]
    After uninstalling adblock or maxblock, you still need to delete cookies, cache, then reboot.

Should work after that.
    this works great on my touchpad. However, on my pre2 it still says "platform not supported".

has anyone used this successfully on a Pre2 on 2.1?
    Daffy, try going:

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

then type

ls

Do you see the libflashplayer.so file? what do you see in the directory?
    Hello,

I am having the same issue and I see libflashplayer.so file in the FlashMiniAdapterDate file.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadZOmbie View Post
    just installed the hulu fix patch from preware!! Looks like its working flawlessly!
    what is it called?

Also, Masterosok:

I just installed Uberkernal and the muffle logging patch. Any other tweaks and or patches you recommend?