Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nickd23 View Post
    I've tried numerous times to get it to work (even webOS doctored my touchpad twice already), followed the steps exactly as it states in ncinerate's post. When I try to open up a website with flash it continually re-loads the page. Any suggestions?
    See the above post for my suggestions. It sounds like you somehow borked your libflashplayer.so file, perhaps by moving it instead of copying it. Let me know if the above fixes help.
    followed it step by step, and it works. I'll report back if I run into any problems because of adblock.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    No idea. I am not seeing this issue whatsoever and you're the first to bring it up (out of a TON of successful fixes using my instructions).

A few things to try. First, do you have maxblock or adblock installed? If so, remove those using preware, then go into the browser and delete cache and cookies. Reboot the touchpad and you should be good to go.

If that's not fixing things, perhaps you somehow erased your libflashplayer.so file. Go back to your terminal window in webOS quick install and type:

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

Now hit enter, then type:

ls

Do you see a libflashplayer.so file? If not, that's your problem. Failure to properly follow directions.

If you DO see a libflashplayer.so file, there's one last thing you can try. Type:

chmod 755 /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

Now hit enter. Get out of terminal, reboot your touchpad, open browser, delete cookies and cache, surf to Hulu.com. Problem solved?

Let me know if any of this helps.
    Nope, still doing the same thing, here is a screenshot of what it shows after doing the above. Could it have something to do with where it says 'read-only file system'?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    there is a patch out for this now, check prepare, if you didn't already no ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by nickd23 View Post
    Nope, still doing the same thing, here is a screenshot of what it shows after doing the above. Could it have something to do with where it says 'read-only file system'?
    Well of course it has something to do with it.

Remount in RW mode. Type this into your terminal:

mount -o remount,rw /

Now follow the rest of the instructions. That command should put you in read/write and allow you to perform the changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    there is a patch out for this now, check prepare, if you didn't already no ;-)
    I'm not seeing the patch in preware. Where is it?

EDIT: ahh, I think it's actually in the testing feeds.
    Last edited by ncinerate; 08/27/2011 at 10:46 AM.
    Can anyone direct me to which patch it is in preware please?

I tried the alternative method of using webos and the linux command line while in dev mode on my touchpad but a terminal didn't appear on my touchpad screen for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by ironsharpensiron View Post
    Can anyone direct me to which patch it is in preware please?

I tried the alternative method of using webos and the linux command line while in dev mode on my touchpad but a terminal didn't appear on my touchpad screen for some reason.
    It's in patches, just list all of them and it's the one that says HULU.

I'm pretty sure it's in the testing feed right now though - so you might have to wait until it's made public (maybe a few days).
    It's in patches, just list all of them and it's the one that says HULU.

I'm pretty sure it's in the testing feed right now though - so you might have to wait until it's made public (maybe a few days).
    Thanks a lot for the info. Any idea why the terminal wouldn't appear on my touchpad while using the linux command line from webos?
    hi there, I'm in Canada. Does anyone know or could point me somewhere where I can find out how to get a US ip address within Canada using th TP? Thank you.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    BEFORE YOU DO THIS - There is a preware patch in the testing feeds that will do all this for you, and it should hit the normal preware feed soon. I'd recommend you either wait for the patch or go install the testing feeds and install the patch there.

Please remember that this is an advanced fix using a terminal connection to a linux command line. You are doing this at your own risk. It is a simple process, but if you are at all unsure of your ability to follow these instructions -exactly- please do not attempt this unless you want to visit the webOS doctor.

I went ahead and changed this post (thanks Abyssul). I've removed the link to the file - but - Abyssul has given us an even easier method. Here's what you do:

First, ensure you are in DEV MODE. If you don't know how to do this, check my post here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

Go into webOS quick install on your home pc - you can find it here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html

Run the program, select the TOOLS tab, and pick LINUX COMMANDLINE. Make sure your browser is closed on the touchpad.

You should now be in a terminal at a command line looking at your touchpad .

Now type or copy and paste the following lines into the terminal window. Hit enter after each line:

mount -o remount,rw /

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

cp libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so.bak

sed -i 's/WEB 10/WIN 10/' libflashplayer.so

reboot

TADA, hulu works.

Want to reverse the process? Simply type (ALL ONE LINE):
    cp /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so.bak /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    Works perfect thanks!
    Is there anyway of a patch tht will let UK users view this site, or would tht b highly illegal :-( would luv 2 b able 2 access this site on my touchpad ??

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    I think that has to do with spoofing your location.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Is there anyway of a patch tht will let UK users view this site, or would tht b highly illegal :-( would luv 2 b able 2 access this site on my touchpad ??

I have to use something to spoof my IP for some UK sites

yeah its only because Hulu is US based and US advertisers, they make you watch commercials so if you live outside the UK Hulu thinks you don't count as a customer

Idiots if you ask me, many brands are sold in the UK ( Lived there 2005 -2006)

There's no good way to spoof an IP address outside of using a proxy site or a tunnel, and those don't usually have high enough bandwidth to allow use of a video streaming site.

Same reason I can't watch BBC tv .

Sorry, but it's not going to change anytime soon, you're going to have to live with enjoying BBC programming ;p.
    I just did this and hulu is now working. Only problem is I forgot to put my touchpad in DEV mode before I pasted the text. Is it ok since it seems to be working or should I do it over?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Excellent work! Hulu is playing perfectly with the patch from the testing feeds. Thanks to all the smart people that figure these things out.

I have "ad blocker" (not max) installed and one ad played and another just showed a black box for 15-20 sec before the actual video played. Also, YouTube seems to still be find for me.
    Last edited by marysm; 08/27/2011 at 02:44 PM.
    Just used the patch from the testing feeds, works great!
    2.0 of the Hulu fix will be in Preware testing feed shortly. It fixes the issue with read-only file systems.
    Is there a way I can access the testing feeds?