nevermind... got it
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by guitareeper View Post
    cant get it to work
    Quote Originally Posted by guitareeper View Post
    nevermind... got it
    great posts...
    Is "mount -o remount,rw /" supposed to changed everything to read-write? I looked at the libflashplayer.so with Internalz and User and Group both show +R/+W/+X, but Other shows +R/-W/+X. Is there any other way to change the -W in Other to +W?
    Okay I read the thread and it wasn't exactly clear to me because it's mainly people figuring our their hiccups when doing the fix but... there isn't any "side effects" correct?
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Folks with the hulu fix, can you check Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations and see if the site loads properly?

since we don't have a slacker app for touchpad...
    Thanks for this!! Is there a similar fix available for making Netflix streaming work?

thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Folks with the hulu fix, can you check Slacker Personal Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio Stations and see if the site loads properly?

since we don't have a slacker app for touchpad...
    slacker does not seem to work. just a black area where the flash is supposed to be. did it work before the script?
    Quote Originally Posted by etherga View Post
    Thanks for this!! Is there a similar fix available for making Netflix streaming work?

thanks in advance
    hulu requires the tablet to register as a pc. Netflix requires silverlight plugin. Completely different fixes. I'm hopeful, but not expectant.
    Quote Originally Posted by manjazz123 View Post
    Okay I read the thread and it wasn't exactly clear to me because it's mainly people figuring our their hiccups when doing the fix but... there isn't any "side effects" correct?
    worst case, you mess up flash and have to re-install with quickos or run the doc. You won't break your tp.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Okay I did the Linux command line hack and it worked beautifully. Thank you!

I have a question... and bare with me I have zero programming knowledge. Now, if WebOs is based on Linux can Moonlight somehow be utilized so that we have some way to use Silverlight and have the ability to watch Netflix through the browser?
    Does Netflix work with Moonlight? If so, maybe it would work with Ubuntu on the TouchPad.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    Does Netflix work with Moonlight? If so, maybe it would work with Ubuntu on the TouchPad.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I don't know... I don't run Linux on anything and have very little experience with it. It was just an idea. I'm sure someone well versed will have an answer for us.
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    slacker does not seem to work. just a black area where the flash is supposed to be. did it work before the script?
    No, Slacker doesn't work at all. I have not done hulu fix. I do have Max Blocker installed though.
    I can confirm this working on mine, however this seems to break HBOGO for me.. When I try to watch a video on HBOGO, it reports back that my GO ID is already in use on another device. I cleared cookies, rebooted, no dice. For now, I've reverted flash back to stock. Anyone else seeing this?
    Ok so yesterday, I typed those cmds in the cmd window and hulu worked. Now today, when I try to watch anything on Hulu, I only get black rectangular box and no video or the video player gui...any suggestions? Don't think I installed anything after that.

thankx
    I tried the original fix and now hulu and sites like youtube won't load and continuously refresh. Where do I go from here?
    I've tried numerous times to get it to work (even webOS doctored my touchpad twice already), followed the steps exactly as it states in ncinerate's post. When I try to open up a website with flash it continually re-loads the page. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by manjazz123 View Post
    On the Touchpad, I get a giant black area and nothing plays.

However, on my PC with Firefox, it's broken, too. I get a big giant HTTP Status 500 - type Exception report.

So that site is broken anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trlsmn View Post
    I tried the original fix and now hulu and sites like youtube won't load and continuously refresh. Where do I go from here?
    No idea. I am not seeing this issue whatsoever and you're the first to bring it up (out of a TON of successful fixes using my instructions).

A few things to try. First, do you have maxblock or adblock installed? If so, remove those using preware, then go into the browser and delete cache and cookies. Reboot the touchpad and you should be good to go.

If that's not fixing things, perhaps you somehow erased your libflashplayer.so file. Go back to your terminal window in webOS quick install and type:

cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins

Now hit enter, then type:

ls

Do you see a libflashplayer.so file? If not, that's your problem. Failure to properly follow directions.

If you DO see a libflashplayer.so file, there's one last thing you can try. Type:

chmod 755 /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so

Now hit enter. Get out of terminal, reboot your touchpad, open browser, delete cookies and cache, surf to Hulu.com. Problem solved?

Let me know if any of this helps.