Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    Yeah. If you have an ad blocker installed (max block, etc.) the ads won't show and Hulu gets annoyed.
  2. DS3
    I have an ad blocker and still get the hulu ads. Its not max block but the other one... maybe max block is the only one that catches hulu ads.
    The same problem occurs with ad block or max blocker on sites like cbs.com - the video wont show up until you remove ad block/max blocker, reboot the touchpad, delete the cache, and delete the cookies.

Then it'll work fine.

Unfortunately there's no way to deactivate adblock on selected sites, so it's an either/or proposition . Sometimes hulu works with adblock engaged, sometimes it doesnt. It's hit or miss.

Following the steps above will fix it but you'll have to live with some ads.
    Hulu works perfectly thank you!
    It works great until a commercial pops up, then the video comes back playing real jerky. Probably has nothing to do with the fix which works great btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Before you run to webos doctor, check your private messages, I'll send you a file that should help.
    Can you also send me that file please? I am having the same problem.
    Followed the instructions...worked great. had to remove ad blocker...delete cache n cookies and i was good to go..thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ngirardi View Post
    Can you also send me that file please? I am having the same problem.
    Sent.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    If we're tech savvy, doing this isn't too dangerous to the device, right? Considering doing this on my aunt's device but she'd kill me if something screwed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by foladar View Post
    If we're tech savvy, doing this isn't too dangerous to the device, right? Considering doing this on my aunt's device but she'd kill me if something screwed up.
    It's not really too dangerous. At worst, you'll accidentally break flash if you can't read and follow directions. You can fix that by hitting up the webos doctor, but you'll end up needing to wipe the device in the process.

Still, there's a patch expected to be completed sometime next week. It might be smarter if you're -AT ALL CONCERNED- to simply wait for the patch.
    thanks
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have to ship her device to her tomorrow (delaying from Today to install the other stuff to make it go faster) so I guess I'll risk it with my device first.
    Quote Originally Posted by foladar View Post
    I have to ship her device to her tomorrow (delaying from Today to install the other stuff to make it go faster) so I guess I'll risk it with my device first.
    Sounds like a plan, let us know how it goes.
    so we have to remove adblock before doing this hulu fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by manjazz123 View Post
    I removed max blocker, added ad blocker and just cleared the cache and cookies. After that I was good to go.
    I love Nerdy Girls.
    Oh... I should totally follow this BAMF www.twitter.com/demiroquai
    You don't -have- to, but if you don't remove adblocker hulu will work intermittently. Sometimes it'll play fine, sometimes you'll block an ad that hulu doesn't want you to block and they'll boot you.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    did like ncinerate said in the first post, works like a champ, thanks.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Works fine for me with ad blocker. When there's an ad it shows a black screen, counts down to the end of the ad, and the video resumes. I think the more aggressive max blocker is the one you can't use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_B View Post
    Works fine for me with ad blocker. When there's an ad it shows a black screen, counts down to the end of the ad, and the video resumes. I think the more aggressive max blocker is the one you can't use.
    Although YMMV, I've used both (Ad Blocker and Max Blocker), and not have had any problems (other than the black screen saying to remove ad-blockers so they can serve up ads).
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    For anyone who cares - I tossed this info up on the Pre 2 forum as well, and someone has already confirmed that it -does- work on the 2.1.0 pre.

So you can rock hulu on your Pre as well. The only thing you need to do differently is to make sure to remove any user-agent spoof if you have one installed on your phone. After that, poof, hulu on the phone.
    Ah, quicker than me, sorry, work was crazy today, but I just tried it and I can see the ads, but then when the show comes up, it just sits on a black screen and does nothing...
    I uninstalled ad blocker, multi-mod, and unthrottle download manager, and nothing changed (I tried after removing each one by one), so no hulu goodness on my franken pre 2 for the moment... in fact, after removing the unthrottle, after the ad, I ended up with the play arrow with a big old cancel circle on top of it...