Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Does LNX work?
    most definitely.
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, everything works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Honestly, I'd say no.

You may have to perform this "trick" again -after- an update though - if it updates the libflashplayer.so file anyway.

I'd say the chances of another flash update are fairly slim, so we shouldn't have much to worry about. Worst case, an update would overwrite this file and break hulu support again until we can find the proper spot to hex-edit.

Thanks a lot for your great work. I guess we can check the file info for libflashplayer.so via Gemini Manager / Internal Pro and see if the file was updated or not. Or Hulu stops working again. The latter may not be 100% reliable since Hulu may find a new way to block TP users again which may give a false alarm of the file being updated somehow. Would appreciate if u can include these notes as an FYI at the bottom of your post on the first page. Thanks
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    I'm suffering from read only issues. I have tried the chmod 755 to no avail. I have tried all suggestions that I could see in both usb and normal dev mode.

I have also found libflashplayer.so in usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins ls and no libflashplayer.so.bak.

Flash stopped working in browsers at some point. Should I just doctor it and try again?
    HAVE MY BABIES!!!

I <3 you
    Works like a charm! Thank you!
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dryr View Post
    I'm suffering from read only issues. I have tried the chmod 755 to no avail. I have tried all suggestions that I could see in both usb and normal dev mode.

I have also found libflashplayer.so in usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins ls and no libflashplayer.so.bak.

Flash stopped working in browsers at some point. Should I just doctor it and try again?
    Have to say this wasn't too painful when I did this mod... if you're still having challenges, you may want to doctor it and punt...

If you have the libflashplayer.so in the proper place (it appears so) and you're having read-only issues, use the mount remount command I put in my post on page 1. It'll unlock your system to read/write, THEN you can follow the directions I gave in that post.

Try that before you webos doctor. No need to chmod anything - that was from an earlier method and isn't necessary in the current "hack".
    If you have the libflashplayer.so in the proper place (it appears so) and you're having read-only issues, use the mount remount command I put in my post on page 1. It'll unlock your system to read/write, THEN you can follow the directions I gave in that post.

Try that before you webos doctor. No need to chmod anything - that was from an earlier method and isn't necessary in the current "hack".
    Just edited:

Read only error is now gone! TY so much! (used the update in page 1 thread for remount, w/e other page it was on didn't work for me last night). Rebooted.

Hmm, seems like it worked, unfortunately no flash loads for me anymore (i might have broke it somehow). I checked cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins ls, I have BOTH .so and .so.bak , must have been corrupted... DOC TIME?
    Last edited by dryr; 08/26/2011 at 11:53 AM.
    Something something *rabble*

cd /
    chmod 777 /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins/libflashplayer.so
    mount -o remount, rw /

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Just edited:

Read only error is now gone! TY so much! (used the update in page 1 thread for remount, w/e other page it was on didn't work for me last night). Rebooted.

Hmm, seems like it worked, unfortunately no flash loads for me anymore (i might have broke it somehow). I checked cd /usr/lib/BrowserServerPlugins ls, I have BOTH .so and .so.bak , must have been corrupted... DOC TIME?
    Before you run to webos doctor, check your private messages, I'll send you a file that should help.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I'm more concerned about Hulu finding another way to block the touchpad as opposed to a Flash update breaking this. Like it or not, Hulu has content distribution restrictions that they are contractually obligated to enforce. Hopefully blocking the non-hacked TouchPad is sufficient to satisfy their contracts.
    I think not very many people will want to mess with changing the Flash binary. The number of people who will do this (that means us) is rather miniscule.

So, I also hope that blocking the stock TouchPad will make them happy.
    Glad I could help ya Dryr! Good to hear it's working now .
    Before you run to webos doctor, check your private messages, I'll send you a file that should help.
    You are KING! All is well. I bought this thing expecting HULU and after just a few hours of lessons, I have it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I think not very many people will want to mess with changing the Flash binary. The number of people who will do this (that means us) is rather miniscule.

So, I also hope that blocking the stock TouchPad will make them happy.
    ^^ This.

This thread only has roughly 5000 views, and many of those views come from the same people. Even if you assumed it was ALL unique visits from different people and -everyone- decided to perform this fix, that's still only 5000 users out of hundreds and hundreds of thousands of touchpad owners. We're such a small fraction that we -should- fly basically under the radar.

The only reason hulu even took steps to block us was thanks to the massive influx of touchpad owners. The few of us willing to do this fix should be safe .
    You are KING! All is well. I bought this thing expecting HULU and after just a few hours of lessons, I have it!
    No problem. If you're new to webOS or the touchpad make sure you hit up the "get started" guide I put together as well:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

It'll help you get everything else set up nicely .
    We're such a small fraction that we -should- fly basically under the radar.

The only reason hulu even took steps to block us was thanks to the massive influx of touchpad owners. The few of us willing to do this fix should be safe .
    Yup.

I wonder how many people with TouchPads used Hulu. Might have been boatloads. Enough to pop up on their radar, anyways.

I like flying under the radar!
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    Yup.

I wonder how many people with TouchPads used Hulu. Might have been boatloads. Enough to pop up on their radar, anyways.

I like flying under the radar!
    Well... Not many touchpads existed in the wild -period- before this firesale. So, not many used hulu .
    It's been a couple of months on the Android side, Hulu still hasn't block that fix yet.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Anybody else getting this ad error msg?