View Poll Results: How Many TouchPad owners We Have Here?

Voters
309. You may not vote on this poll
  • Got A 16gb

94 30.42%
  • Got A 32gb

179 57.93%
  • Still Looking, but definately getting one

36 11.65%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    got a 16gb at office depot, 32gb should be delivered tomorrow from HP so both. one for me one for the wifey
    SCK Manager
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Got 6 in total for my family of 5 (extra one is a backup in lieu of paying for an extended warranty). I ordered 1 more for a friend who couldn't find one.

4x32GB, 2x16GB

2 were bought on or near launch day, 1 from BestBuy, one from Staples. Both got price matched later. The other 4 were from Officedepot online that I snagged at 4am one evening.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 9 View Post
    Picked up the 32GB version Saturday from OD, great little device, amazing OS (needs a tiny bit of polish, but so does anything, even Windows 7)

Both the fact it had double the space of, and the fact OD was selling the 16GB for $130 (and were sold out) is why I got the 32... Could still use more storage space though, oh well, still very happy with it!

its a keeper
    Dont forget your 50 gig free Box.net cloud storage.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Dont forget your 50 gig free Box.net cloud storage.
    meh, I hate the fundamentals of storing data on someone's servers, especially if its 'free'... Plus I'm one of those sobs who doesn't have a fancy cell phone to tether and get internet everywhere (so just the odd hotspot here and there to access internet, and I like 100% access and control over my data... I'm sure the cloud is great for some, but for those like me it is evil incarnate )
    Tablet PC: HP 2730p [all the goodies: 2 slice batteries, slim dock, Intel X18-m 160GB, 8GB ram, ect...] | Toshiba Tecra M4 [Crucial M4 64GB SSD, 2GB ram, ect...]
    entertainment tablet: HP touchpad 32GB -sold it, it just doesn't cut the mustard-
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Just got my 32GB delivered today. Loving it so far and I haven't even done much yet. Screen is beautiful and the web browser is awesome. Time to overclock it.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    2-32gb
    1-16gb
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    same here

2x16 and 1x32.... but was for family etc no scalping.
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    I bought a 32GB on August 6 and was fortunate to be able to take advantage of a price adjustment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 9 View Post
    meh, I hate the fundamentals of storing data on someone's servers, especially if its 'free'... Plus I'm one of those sobs who doesn't have a fancy cell phone to tether and get internet everywhere (so just the odd hotspot here and there to access internet, and I like 100% access and control over my data... I'm sure the cloud is great for some, but for those like me it is evil incarnate )
    well it's only "free" because of the contract with webOS/HP otherwise it would cost you. I don't store much in the cloud either, but having 50 gigs of crap I wouldn't normally carry around is nice. I haven't uploaded my music library yet, but have uploaded parts of it.... nice to have access to it out and about it I want to hear a song. Yeah maybe you need web access, but who is going to store that much music on a tablet or phone.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  10. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Got a 32GB from Frys Saturday morning.

Ordered a 32GB from HP Friday night, 32 GB from OD LAAAATE Friday night/Saturday Morning, and Ordered a 16GB from OnSale on Sunday.

OnSale got canceled.. still waiting for the HP one.. OD was nice and prompt.
    Was #49 in line at best buy, they had 49 tickets. I wanted a 16 but got a 32, but hey I got one.
    Lots more 32GB then I though?
    Maybe it's the testimony do geeks preferring larger capacity? Just the side effect of deal scavengers scalping the cheaper 16GB first?
    (I purely got 16GB for the price as I meant this to be just a test drive of webOS. So far, so good)
    Got a 32GB arriving 8/30 from BestBuy. And back in the forums after a long absence!
    Preordered a 32GB in June and then bought 2 more 32 GBs for my kids in the fire sale. No brainer to me, 50 dollars more for twice the storage, I am already over 16 GB on my 32 GB TouchPad.
  15.    #35  
    according to the 250,000 touchpad avail, don't even see 400 here.. so sad!
    have my original 32

got a 32 and 2 16s delivered today

32 sold at my cost to a coworker, 2 16s staying with us.
    Picked up one 32GB last Saturday and another last Sunday. So 2, one for me and one for the wife.

Holding a distance hope for a third for my son.
    Voted 32GB but I have a 16GB also.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberdalek View Post
    Picked up one 32GB last Saturday and another last Sunday. So 2, one for me and one for the wife.

Holding a distance hope for a third for my son.
    where you picked them up? i'm still looking
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    where you picked them up? i'm still looking
    I got one at HH Gregg and the other when BB decided to sell from their website. I now ask wherever I go just in case but they are sold out around here now.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast