Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    I think the problem is that a lot of iOS developers seem to think that porting to WebOS is this immeasurable task.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAlmostPopular View Post
    I think the problem is that a lot of iOS developers seem to think that porting to WebOS is this immeasurable task.
    Perhaps, and also cost. Even with a million users, it may be difficult to recoup the cost of developing and supporting the app on another platform. It's not like it is free to build these things and support them. Niche apps and big budget apps are especially risky on such a small platform.

Having said that, I would agree that the best way to get more apps is to support the ones that exist, and also to kindly ask developers to consider the platform. Cost and hp support are going to be the biggest hurdles.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Universe by openmobl... (support@openmobl.zendesk.com)
    Donald C. Kirker, Aug-28 19:48 (PDT):
    Thank you for your interest in Universe.

At the moment, the Universe browser only supports smartphone devices. An update is planned to bring support for the TouchPad's screen size.

Thank you,
    Donald Kicker
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hulu... (support@hulu.com)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for writing in about Hulu on the HP TouchPad. Unfortunately, due to the contractual agreements with our content providers, we have to have a certain set of agreements set up with a device manufacturer before we can provide support for that device. We have no partnership with HP at this time, so we can't currently stream through their device.

We get a lot of requests for webOS support, so it's definitely something that's on our radar. Though we can't support it right now, we are continually evaluating new technologies, and will be adding more devices based on user demand. Stay tuned!

Looks like the hulu fix is going to have to do for us TP users...
    The number of people on webOS is a tiny tiny number, even after all the new $99 customers. Unless a dev has nothing better to do, it will always make sense to put more effort into their work on the other two OSes. Especially now that webOS as an entity is unknown. If there was news they were going to license it out (and news that anyone wanted to actually license it) it might renew dev interest.

Though I will say, for any developer that's half skilled....you could come make some webOS apps that actually WORK and are designed for the TouchPad and make a killing as you'd be the only game in town. I lament not having those skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by *****lyPete View Post
    The number of people on webOS is a tiny tiny number, even after all the new $99 customers. Unless a dev has nothing better to do, it will always make sense to put more effort into their work on the other two OSes. Especially now that webOS as an entity is unknown. If there was news they were going to license it out (and news that anyone wanted to actually license it) it might renew dev interest.

Though I will say, for any developer that's half skilled....you could come make some webOS apps that actually WORK and are designed for the TouchPad and make a killing as you'd be the only game in town. I lament not having those skills.
    I'm mad that I have been lazy and spent the last 2 years saying I was gonna start some projects, with nothing started.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I really want to see Pulse, Skygrid, Netflix, Instagram, FlipBoard, CNN, Air Video, FlickPad, GoodReader, Twitterific, Slacker, Mercury Web Browser, Splashtop and/or Wyse PocketCloud
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkonex View Post
    I really want to see Pulse, Skygrid, Netflix, Instagram, FlipBoard, CNN, Air Video, FlickPad, GoodReader, Twitterific, Slacker, Mercury Web Browser, Splashtop and/or Wyse PocketCloud
    Emails? So that more people could also request support...
    Quote Originally Posted by cdoty View Post
    Money speaks louder than words. Buy apps, and developers will get the message.
    +1
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I do agree that money talks. However, I think that if developers see that there is a demand then they will be more inclined to develop for webOS. I, personally, have purchased several apps and the HP 6 pack attack should also definitely be helping since the devs get money for it.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    support@rovio.com

Read other posts saying that Angry Birds wasn't getting updates or the new games, so I decided to give them a holler.
    They did just get quite a few dl's of Rio HD with it being part of the 6 pack app attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdoty View Post
    Money speaks louder than words. Buy apps, and developers will get the message.
    Catch 22. Most apps currently in the marketplace aren't worth any money.
    There's already a post about Pulse app, and allot of people have voted, but if you want this app vote for it here:

Will you Create a HP WebOS application?
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    When I got my TouchPad, I logged into it with the Palm Profile I use on my Sprint Pre phone, and just about every app I had on my Pre installed itself on the TouchPad. Android has nothing over WebOS there.
    Sorry to brake this to you but nobody uses webOS phones. Even people whom I've never knew what phones they had their Facebook updates are never "via Facebook for HP webOS".
    Quote Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
    Sorry to brake this to you but nobody uses webOS phones. Even people whom I've never knew what phones they had their Facebook updates are never "via Facebook for HP webOS".
    Funny, most all of my facebook updates are Facebook for webOS... same for the wife.... same for anyone using the TP FB App.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Audible:

Greetings from Audible.com,

We are continuously evaluating opportunities to expand the Audible platform and are excited to bring additional wireless access to Audible customers in the future. At this time, the WebOS media player does not currently allow playback of Audible content. We are in discussions with our partners at Palm and hope to be able to deliver an optimal Audible experience for WebOS soon.

We offer all of our partners the ability to playback Audible content and we’d like to encourage you to also reach out to the Palm development team with your feature request at HP USA | Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    LastPass. They said that they are making one but that was about a month ago.
    Looks like LastPass got the message:

Hi,
    We've now updated LastPass to support webOS 3.0 on the HP Touchpad. You can install the app by going to https://lastpass.com/download.php and clicking on the "Mobile" tab, then emailing yourself the download link for the webOS app.
    Last edited by Dazo; 08/31/2011 at 06:56 PM.
    anyone figure out where to email netflix?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by riw View Post
    anyone figure out where to email netflix?
    Doesn't seem like they have email support. Found this tho:
    twitter.com/#!/Netflixhelps

So anyone that has a Twitter, feel free to hit them up.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast