Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    I just got my Touchpad (TP) and my dad's...he will pretty much keep his factory but I won't...

I'm coming from using an iPad and very familiar with jailbreaking and iOS...

Questions:

1. I've heard about overclocking....how is this done? Quickest and easiest route.

2. Is Preware a type of "jailbreak" and how do I get this. (using a Macbook)

3. How do I get my photos from iPhoto on the TP?

4. How do I get my music from iTunes to the TP?

5. Anything else you great guys/gals can think of that I need to do to improve my touchpad performance.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #2 is ur quickest route to #1.

download webosquickinstall, install preware from there, and you can install overclocked kernels from preware. and not a jailbreak in the iOS sense of it. everything is pretty much reversible with webosDoctor.

#3, #4 i pass

#5, preware -> patches : theres a few in there for muffling system logging and things like that to increase performance
    #4 - Use either Media Monkey or HP Play to sync your music to your Touchpad. Both are free.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    Thanks Kushan....

question about photos app...I'm using my Photobucket and Facebook accounts. When I take pictures from my FB and make them as the wallpaper they don't take up the whole screen and you can't make adjustments. Is there a work around?

printers: I have a Lexmark printer...will only HP printers work is there a way to make it work? I used an app on my macbook to trick my iPad/iPhone
    Last edited by Gary86; 08/25/2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    #4 - Use either Media Monkey or HP Play to sync your music to your Touchpad. Both are free.
    HP play will sync your itunes library with all the metadata, etc. Not sure if mediamonkey will. HP play is beta but has been fairly stable in my use.
    Last edited by doctj; 08/25/2011 at 03:13 PM.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    I downloaded the webos quick install and got preware...are there any other apps/tweaks I should grab form webos quick install?

How about within preware?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

That post will give you plenty of recommendations ;p.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    messaging app issues:

I typed my google and skpye username and passwords in...I know they are correct becuse i signed in using my macbook and they work. In the app the "signing in..." just keeps spinning. I've downloaded Preware and all the tweaks from this thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...so-fast-2.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    messaging app issues:

I typed my google and skpye username and passwords in...I know they are correct becuse i signed in using my macbook and they work. In the app the "signing in..." just keeps spinning.
    yeah...that happens. i recommend restarting your tp and retrying.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quills View Post
    yeah...that happens. i recommend restarting your tp and retrying.
    LOL, that's funny. "that happens"...surprised HP hasn't fixed this yet or anything in Preware
    I just got my Touchpad (TP) and my dad's...he will pretty much keep his factory but I won't...

Questions:

Thanks in advance.
    Facebook: If you enter your facebook account into the touchpad, ALL of your facebook photos will sync to the TouchPad and show up in the photos app automagically.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Thanks Kushan....

question about photos app...I'm using my Photobucket and Facebook accounts. When I take pictures from my FB and make them as the wallpaper they don't take up the whole screen and you can't make adjustments. Is there a work around?

printers: I have a Lexmark printer...will only HP printers work is there a way to make it work? I used an app on my macbook to trick my iPad/iPhone
    The photos have to be at least as big as 1024x1024 to be effective backgrounds. This is the best setting too.

i have a question. When I plug in my headphone the audio comes in both headphone and touchpad's speaker. Does this happen to you guys? How do I disable this?
    Quote Originally Posted by hakhainc View Post
    i have a question. When I plug in my headphone the audio comes in both headphone and touchpad's speaker. Does this happen to you guys? How do I disable this?
    This should not happen. The first thing I would check is if the headphones are fully plugged. The connector actuates a switch in the jack.

I have heard about some software issues where WebOS doesn't 'get the message.' I wonder if it's happening here.

Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    This should not happen. The first thing I would check is if the headphones are fully plugged. The connector actuates a switch in the jack.

I have heard about some software issues where WebOS doesn't 'get the message.' I wonder if it's happening here.
    Thanks!! Yes the headphones was not plugged in all the way......silly me!
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    Does Skype (touchpad) work with Mac? I can hear my wife but the video portion doesn't work. It works from touchpad to iphone and TP to TP
  18. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Questions:

1. I've heard about overclocking....how is this done? Quickest and easiest route.

2. Is Preware a type of "jailbreak" and how do I get this. (using a Macbook)

4. How do I get my music from iTunes to the TP?

5. Anything else you great guys/gals can think of that I need to do to improve my touchpad performance.

Thanks in advance.
    2. I think it will be much more difficult for you because the Macbook probably won't put the Touchpad in the charging state.

3. Can you just drag them from iPhoto? If not, right click a picture in iPhoto and choose "View in folder" or something like that, then you can drag the pictures into the Touchpad (make sure the Touchpad is in USB mode)

4. Same thing as 3, but with iTunes.
    Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sr/1 View Post
    2. I think it will be much more difficult for you because the Macbook probably won't put the Touchpad in the charging state.

3. Can you just drag them from iPhoto? If not, right click a picture in iPhoto and choose "View in folder" or something like that, then you can drag the pictures into the Touchpad (make sure the Touchpad is in USB mode)

4. Same thing as 3, but with iTunes.

Cool, I used a program called HP PLAY as suggested and that worked. I was able to get Preware ( the macbook did work pheww)...

I will try the iPhoto thing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post

HP Play question. Does it actually move your iTunes library/info, or simply sync/point to it? Eg. can I use iTunes (primary management for my iPhones, iPads, etc) as main music management system, and HP Play simply as a conduit to sync iTunes music to my webOS devices?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast