Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    HP Play question. Does it actually move your iTunes library/info, or simply sync/point to it? Eg. can I use iTunes (primary management for my iPhones, iPads, etc) as main music management system, and HP Play simply as a conduit to sync iTunes music to my webOS devices?
    You could always use HP Play as your main music management system and go to an iOS forum to ask whether iTunes or their iDevices will work with that. If they don't, you can always complain about Apple's scandalous lack of flexibility and user support
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    You could always use HP Play as your main music management system and go to an iOS forum to ask whether iTunes or their iDevices will work with that. If they don't, you can always complain about Apple's scandalous lack of flexibility and user support
    Thanks for the help Going to be so much fun here if forum regulars "answer" the hundreds of questions that will be flooding in over coming months with a snarky non-answer, a jab at iOS/Andriod and a winky to show that "hey, I'm just *pretending* to be an unhelpful jerk."

Not a noob to webOS or the forum (still using three Pre minus in our family); just hadn't used HP Play yet and given the way Palm/HP has operated of late, it's not a stretch to imagine that they would develop software that would actually copy/dupe your entire existing music library vs point to it.

Installed yesterday and happy to find out that it simply points to existing library, and much like doubletwist or other iTunes sync solutions, it will also sync playlists (but not genius playlists or other auto-playlists, only hand-created playlists pull in).
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    HP Play question. Does it actually move your iTunes library/info, or simply sync/point to it? Eg. can I use iTunes (primary management for my iPhones, iPads, etc) as main music management system, and HP Play simply as a conduit to sync iTunes music to my webOS devices?
    Hi

HP play doesn't touch the iTunes library. It only points to it, which makes your iTunes music available to load to the device. Also, iTunes library is an option. If you don't have or don't want to use iTunes then just skip that step.

I am not sure that it refreshes though. You may need to do that manually? but go to the HP Play website to find out more. HP Play is still in beta... YMMV!
    Ken
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    messaging app issues:

I typed my google and skpye username and passwords in...I know they are correct becuse i signed in using my macbook and they work. In the app the "signing in..." just keeps spinning. I've downloaded Preware and all the tweaks from this thread http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...so-fast-2.html
    I had the same problem at first. Remove the profile and reinstall it. That should make it work. I had to do it twice before it stuck. Restart Touchpad when you remove profile.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12