Like Tree9Likes
  • 8 Post By WebOS Migrant
  • 1 Post By Hobbz
  1.    #1  
    I just ordered one of each.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/25/2011 at 12:59 PM.
  2.    #2  
    And it appears that their server has now been knocked off the net.
    can't get in either. ohhh goodness, let me guess, 100,000 faithful trying to knock on their door all at once.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    lol this is getting to be insane...... the OP posted that 4 minutes ago and their webpage is already not loading. NUTS
    Right now, TouchPad buyers are better than a DOS attack. You want to take down a website, just put out the word that they have TouchPads available!

I wonder if you could create an instant flash mob by tweeting that a retail store has them?
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    Right now, TouchPad buyers are better than a DOS attack. You want to take down a website, just put out the word that they have TouchPads available!

I wonder if you could create an instant flash mob by tweeting that a retail store has them?
    That made me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post

For sure - go on slickdeals and report your local Best Buy has a bunch in stock, then put on your best troll face and watch the crowds blossom.
    Annnd... they're gone.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Sorry, inventory has been allocated to other buyers.
    Inventory for this deal has been exhausted. There are units currently in shopping carts of other buyers. For abandoned carts or buyers who cancel their orders prior to confirmation, units may be returned to inventory. Please check back later.
    All gone.
    Well, I just sent my order thru using my Bank debit card.
    They immediately sent me a confirmation message:
    ---------
    Thanks!

You have saved money buying through RapidBuyr.com, and we wanted to say thanks for supporting us. Enjoy your purchase! Don't forget to tell your friends and associates about us, and make sure to come on back soon for even more chances to save big!
    ----------
    Also, their site says,
    "Your order will be shipped within 2 business days to the shipping address you provided."
    and, "Shipping Status - Initial"

So, all I can do is rely on my faith and hope for the best.
    Last edited by fred1955; 08/25/2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    For sure - go on slickdeals and report your local Best Buy has a bunch in stock, then put on your best troll face and watch the crowds blossom.
    That is funny.

Hopefully nobody here is putting this information about websites on slickdeals.
    War Eagle!
    ldbriq likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbf123 View Post
    I just ordered one of each.
    How can you order "one of each" when their site clearly states,

"Fine print: Limit one (1) per customer. No returns accepted. No support available from HP. Price includes shipping, but not taxes, if applicable. See the rules that apply to all deals. Part number FB454UT#ABA"
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    How can you order "one of each" when their site clearly states,

"Fine print: Limit one (1) per customer."

The 32GB and 16GB units count as separate products. So you are allowed one of each.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I think I may have gotten lucky. I created a bookmark using the link the purchase button on the 32GB leads to and just kept hammering away on that in the bookmarks bar of Chrome. I kept getting the "stock allocated to others" message. Until... lo and behold, after about 40 minutes, up pops a shopping cart with a 32GB TouchPad in it. I filled in my info and submitted. I got an order confirmation email and my card has a pending charge on it. all looks good, right?

However, upon going into "My Account" and clicking on Order History, nothing shows up.

cfb123, can you check your order history and see if anything shows up?

UPDATE: I got the dreaded call from RapidBuyr to tell me there was a glitch and they didn't have a 32GB TouchPad to sell me. She said she was really sorry and that I appeared to be the only inventory issue.

However, she said they did have one 16GB they could fill my order with at the $99 price. Hooray! She took my information down and sure enough, in popped a new email with a fresh order. This order does appear in my Order History on the site, so looks like I got lucky. It's not the 32GB I wanted, but I'll not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Here's to hoping everyone else gets as lucky as me.
    Last edited by GHT; 08/25/2011 at 03:34 PM.