Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By waldo012
  1.    #1  
    I was told by a co-worker that B&H Photo in NYC had a large shipment in today. We ran down to the store and waited in line for about an hour. We got one of the last ones of the shipment, a 16GB, one per customer.

We were told that the shipment was somewhere between 800-1000 Touchpads, so wonder if HP cleared their east-coast warehouse just to B&H?
    Quote Originally Posted by probbins222 View Post
    I was told by a co-worker that B&H Photo in NYC had a large shipment in today. We ran down to the store and waited in line for about an hour. We got one of the last ones of the shipment, a 16GB, one per customer.

We were told that the shipment was somewhere between 800-1000 Touchpads, so wonder if HP cleared their east-coast warehouse just to B&H?
    As a photographer that has never gotten to be in the B&H superstore, and a webOS fan that has been unable to land a firesale TP, everything about the OP makes me jealous.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by probbins222 View Post

I can confirm this did in fact happen.

EDIT: WOW just realized in 2 years of lurking (original pre- owner) this is my first post. :-)
    Last edited by waldo012; 08/25/2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: First post
    Typo Lad likes this.
    Someone told me about B&H getting them and I had to let him know I was half way across NY and it was pouring buckets. Glad people got one.
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo012 View Post
    I can confirm this did in fact happen.

EDIT: WOW just realized in 2 years of lurking (original pre- owner) this is my first post. :-)
    where r they located? street/avenue
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jovanny27 View Post
    where r they located? street/avenue
    34th Street and 9th Ave, just down the road from Penn Station. Took them almost 2 hours to sell out all 800+. Was a line of 250+ when they announced sold out.
    i'm just a coupla of blocks from the store...that musta be somethin' to see that many people in line. i'll bet passer-bys were probably asking what the line was for.

still don't know if the one i ordered from amazon is being processed or not. my CC was charged on the 21st but they seem to be taking their sweet time shipping it. i had picked the free 3-5 day ship.