Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    me too
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Can't search or download apps and it's much slower now. And now HP wants to provide backend services when an app store can't handle increased demand?
    Good question and probably everyone and those 200k TP all downloading the 4 free apps! HP probably cut the webOS App Catalog server budget. Sorli...
    Getting the same error... Makes sense that it's just server overload due to the free stuff, but HP should really have a contingency plan for this. I had this same problem yesterday and (to my knowledge) there was no free giveaway then.
    sorli likes this.
    got onto the hp app store but clicking on purchase brings up the following error box...

Unexpected problem
    App Catalog could not complete the
    last action you performed. Try again
    later. LOC04005
    it is down for me as well right now, has been for the last hour or so. hope its back up soon
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    tapatalk search musk suck cuz it didt bring up any other threads. ill go look again

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    I get "The action could not be completed. Try again later" when trying to launch the HP Catalog App. Eventually retrying I sometimes get the opening page of Pivot but then the page will go blank and the above error message comes on again.

I have checked and my HP webOS is version 3.02 build 68 and the HP App Catalog version appears up to date.

Just received the first email issue of "Hp webOS App News" which has promotion codes for four free apps. I assume a lot of us touchpad users are out there trying to download free apps before they run out, like past history has shown.

Is the HP App server overloaded or is it my touchpad that is the problem, does anyone know if this is an HP server issue?
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    It's the googols of people trying to get on it. Myself being one, not trying to miss out on any freebies... I'm on an app page, but it won't allow me to "purchase" it.
    Server overload from some fraction of 200k users?!

Yeah, and iTunes and the App Store crash every day due to the unfathomable load placed on them by the millions of Apple and Android users going shopping.

Please. HP claims they are a tech company. Snark.
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    We are aware that the app catalog is not working for new users (at least that seems to be the ones impacted that I can tell).
    looks like it blew up about 2 hrs after the free app email went out. I haven't been able to access it for more than an hour now.
    thread merged, and catalog not working for this old-timer
    not working for me either
    i feel left out...i never got a free app email..hmmmm im in the US
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Great, thought there was something wrong with my TP and doctored it
    :facepalm:
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    same here.

the suggestion about it being the power outage in california might be a more reasonable explanation to the issue as well.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Sprint Palm Pixi
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Mine seems to be back up and running although I don't think i received an email about free apps
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    same here.

the suggestion about it being the power outage in california might be a more reasonable explanation to the issue as well.
    I bet that's what caused it.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    When I try to submit a bug error to HP about this I get "Error Could not submit at this time. Try again later." Yeah, maybe the power failure. Another post on another site said MSN/Live/Hotmail is down. I thought they were in a data center in eastern Washington.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    After over an hour of smashing 'Retry' I was finally able to get 2 of the 4 apps. It looks like Atlantis Sky Patrol HD is already used up.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JayDjr View Post
    After over an hour of smashing 'Retry' I was finally able to get 2 of the 4 apps. It looks like Atlantis Sky Patrol HD is already used up.
    So is TapNote and Video Flood HD.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast