1.    #1  
    I called 8 Houston, TX area Best Buys, only to hear on the recorded answer, that they do not have any HP Touchpads and WILL NOT receive ANY more.

Looks like Houston is pretty much done. Staples and Office Depot both told me similar things, but I didn't bother calling more than one store after all the Best Buys.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    I called 8 Houston, TX area Best Buys, only to hear on the recorded answer, that they do not have any HP Touchpads and WILL NOT receive ANY more.

Looks like Houston is pretty much done. Staples and Office Depot both told me similar things, but I didn't bother calling more than one store after all the Best Buys.
    I wouldn't trust BB recordings... the one here had the same recording too. I just learn today that they had 120 yesterday! Yes.. 120!!!! *******s!!!!! I'm so angry right now.
    Im tired of Best Buy lying to everyone. I just left my Best Buy with them telling me they sold 25 last night. Then I was told that they don't have a truck today after someone from another Best Buy told me they had 11 comming today at this location. Its back and forth and different answer every day.I will tell you why its this way. Because these a holes are telling this because they are buying for themselves or friends and family.

I was there at 8am nobody was even there. I new something was weird. Then first employee I talked to comming in the store tells me they don't have a truck today. So I stayed till they opened at 10am. To here all this bull.

I had 20 chance to buy one from them if they didn't lie everytime I called.
    I call in the morning then at night every day to find out they have been selling them.
    They tell me we don't have any and will not get any today. Then I call later in the afternoon or evening and tell me yes we just sold out of them this evening. Every freaken time this has happened.

I will not buy from Best Buy anymore.
    Last edited by lespaulman67; 08/25/2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    On Tuesday night (8/23/2011) I called a few Houston area BB's. Most of them had the recording that said they were out and would not get more, but the one in the Sharpstown area did not have that recording yet. At around 6pm I asked them if they had any. They said there was a truck with some TPs on the way and that it might get there that night (tuesday), or the next morning (wednesday) and they would probably sell them Wednesday morning. I called back that same night at 8:30pm and they said that the truck came early and the manager decided to sell them immediately, and they were already gone.

So, I would tend to agree with un_designer, dont trust the recordings. Call and talk to a real person and ask if they know when they will get more in stock and see what they say.

If you get any tips on any TPs available in the Houston area, please post them to this thread, and I will do the same.
  5.    #5  
    I'm just remembered a friend that works for Best Buy, in a career kind of way in the Houston area. I just texted him to see what's up. I'll happily report back to all Houston related threads AFTER I secure one.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElPhantasmo View Post
    I'm just remembered a friend that works for Best Buy, in a career kind of way in the Houston area. I just texted him to see what's up. I'll happily report back to all Houston related threads AFTER I secure one.
    Hehe. Fair enough.
    Good luck!
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    The truth is this

The employees and managers are buying them all out (their discount works- i.e 80$ touchpads u see)

They are selling them on ebay etc- if you go in and talk to someone that is in with whats going on- like say your want accessories or just are shooting the breeze- AKA your not one of those "I WANT TO BUY A TOUCHPAD" people- they will let info slip like "Yeah I was thinking about picking one up, we got 75 on tuesday and sold out- so I may get one thursday on our next truck" - if they think your not going to take one they will talk more.

Managers are in on it also- call me a tin foil hat wearing nublit-

you have 2 options- call corporate and raise hell untill you get someone to TELL YOU what is shipping where and how many- THEY HAVE THIS INFO- BB is VERY good at keeping track of this stuff.

or know an employee

goodluck
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I went in a best buy today, and they told me "no, they will never be getting another shipment". I said ok, but I had some information that other best buys have and will be getting more shipments and he said thats what the paperwork says. If there was another shipment, he said, it would be a surprise. I'm pretty sure he was just tired of getting the question cause he looked away and didn't want to deal with me any longer.
    Best Buy managers are getting annoyed with all of this, so they're putting up messages so people will stop asking. I think they figure that if/when they get some, they'll put 'em on the floor and they'll be gone either way. I called one store and the employee was pretty nasty. A recorded message was up a little while later.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I just got one at aarons on longpoint. I think they said they have 4 left. Someone called asking about them while I was checking out, so hurry.
    Will post more details when I stop driving.
    Last edited by polecat99; 08/26/2011 at 12:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    ok, i'm back

go to: www.aarons.com to find the locations close to you, call them and see if they have any left. The one I went to (on Longpoint drive) said they thought they had 5 or so left (before I got mine).

They only have the 16GB version, and you have to buy it as a combo with a leather case. They claim the leather case is worth $65. The price they will quote you is 179.99, but that's if you rent it and pay it off over time. If you buy it outright and pay for it all at once, you get a 20% discount. For me, the whole thing came to 155.87 (including Houston sales tax).

There is no return policy, all sales are final.

Let me know if you want/need any more info.

Good Luck!!