Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Just got my fire sale TouchPad, and I am trying to get some Apps for it, but every time I try to access the App Catalog, it pinwheels for a bit, then a page comes up, and is immediaty followed by a screen with the message "The action could not be completed. Try again later." If I retry, sometimes the error page reloads instantly, and sometimes I see a flash of a page and then the error screen again.

    Is the App Catalog being hammered by new users, or is there something that I can do to fix this?
  2. #2  
    I think HP decided to shut it down and leave all of their users in the dust
  3. #3  
    That's not funny.
  4. #4  
    same here. Maybe overwhelmed from all the new users. Just wait.
  5. bignoze's Avatar
    Posts
    330 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    #5  
    yup they having issues.....becuase so am I
  6. #6  
    We are aware that the app catalog is not working for new users (at least that seems to be the ones impacted that I can tell).

    This is being investigated and researched by our engineering group.

    Also I apologize for the misinformation that has already been given in this thread HP has not and is not shutting down the App Catalog.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  7.    #7  
    I managed to get upgraded to webOS 3.0.2 and everything works fine now. That might have been the problem all along.
  8. #8  
    App Catalog should be functioning properly now. Please advise if you are still seeing any issues.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    We are aware that the app catalog is not working for new users (at least that seems to be the ones impacted that I can tell).

    This is being investigated and researched by our engineering group.

    Also I apologize for the misinformation that has already been given in this thread HP has not and is not shutting down the App Catalog.
    Actual Problems with the App Catalog:
    1.After doctoring my TP and install my Programs from my Profile ALL old PDK-Apps didn't working (something wrong with the installation procedure from Profile and App-Catalog too). I think they get started as Touchpad PDK's and not in their 'Old enviroment'. Tried twice. Ask me for details.
    2. Many apps without picture in the App Catalog
    3. Bubble Birds free and Atlantic Sky Patrol Demo can't be installed (Error Message)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    Actual Problems with the App Catalog:
    1.After doctoring my TP and install my Programs from my Profile ALL old PDK-Apps didn't working (something wrong with the installation procedure from Profile and App-Catalog too). I think they get started as Touchpad PDK's and not in their 'Old enviroment'. Tried twice. Ask me for details.
    2. Many apps without picture in the App Catalog
    3. Bubble Birds free and Atlantic Sky Patrol Demo can't be installed (Error Message)
    I thought it was just me, I am having these exact issues as well. I doctored for a 2nd time thinking that would help and it did nothing.
  11. #11  
    I still have this problem, infact it seems to be getting worse! When I go to the App catalog it only loads the Pivot page and when I click on any other tab the pin wheel keeps spinning and spinning until it finally says "The action could not be completed. Try Again Later"

    Maybe 1 out of 20 tries it will go through but if i click on a new category to load it locks up again!

    This really stink because my facebook app was really buggy so i figured i would uninstall/re install but now I cant even download it

    Please Help.

    and by the way I am updated to the WebOS 3.0.2 (which took me about 30 tries, no lie haha) Is it possible my TouchPad is defective?

    Thanks,
    Dan
  12. #12  
    Same
  13. #13  
    same here won't load HP app catalouge,saying that the touchpad one great tablet..everyone that's seen it says want one..
  14. #14  
    same here its pissing me off bc I want to update and get new apps but I can't bc every time I go in I see the home page for 2 seconds and then it sais the action could not be completed. Please try again
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelique Filiatreault View Post
    same here its pissing me off bc I want to update and get new apps but I can't bc every time I go in I see the home page for 2 seconds and then it sais the action could not be completed. Please try again
    You can't access the HP App catalog because it's dead. It's been deactivated for a while, but there are other things you can do.

    Please read this thread which will also point you to this article for more info.

    There is also an full article on our front page here: http://www.webosnation.com/hp-shutti...-15-january-20
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/17/2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: added quoted text
    gsfx likes this.

Posting Permissions