Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    ok i spent 3+ hrs waiting in line at best buy to buy one. they only let us get 1 of each so i bought a 16 and 32.

i got home, plugged in the 16 to the charger and *poof* it instantly turns on.

i plug in the 32 and...nothing. dead. the 16 shows at least 75% charge and showing the setup screen. the 32 wont even turn on. i'm trying to figure out if its doa or just needs to be charged
    Charge it for a while and see. Be sure to use the AC plug that came with the TouchPad (and not one made for the phones).
    The top of the charger can be removed (for different countries). Check to make sure that it is locked completely by twisting it left and right. hold down the power button for 10 seconds to see if anything comes up
    Charge it for about an hour and see what happens. The weird part is that the 16gb "instantly" turned on. It should take some time to boot up.
    Hold the power button and center button simultaneously for about 20 seconds. This should turn it on.
    Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre Plus --> Palm Pre 2--> TOUCHPAD 32gb
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heello View Post
    Charge it for about an hour and see what happens. The weird part is that the 16gb "instantly" turned on. It should take some time to boot up.
    strangely, as soon as i plugged it into the wall to charge, the screen turned on with the setup info. "select language" etc. thats what concerned me b/c the 32 didnt turn on at all(even after plug in)

i'll try the other suggestions above. one thing i did notice is one of the chargers is warm, the other is cold. this is even after leaving it plugged in for 30+ minutes

edit: the suggestion by qdejesus worked. 32 is now on

i did the twisting/untwisting thing for the power adapter too, but the charger is nowhere near as warm as the one that came with the 16gb version though.
    Last edited by illli; 08/25/2011 at 11:34 AM.
  7. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    As someone else mentioned, it's possible the charger isn't screwed into itself all the way. Try unscrewing and rescrewing.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Easy test, ...swap chargers, 16gb one to the 32gb one, see if that charges if it doesn't suspect the TP not the charger.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    yep i swapped them before i even registered to post here lol.

i just checked them again and now the cold one is warm and the warm one is cold.

my vague conclusion is.. maybe there is some technology that automatically shuts off charging

anyways, i'm not concerned about it now.