Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
  1.    #1  
    So I bought this HP Touchpad last weekend from HP SMB site. They had all those crazy issues on their website and while I bought the touchpad, they charged my CC for $399 + tax instead of $99 + tax.

I did get an email from HP that they will refund me $300 but till now nothing has been refunded. I have been trying to call HP cust. service for last three days (more than two hours every day) and currently I am on hold as I am writing this post but no luck.

During the cust. service call they also mentioned that they will ship the touchpad free of cost because of the inconvenience that we had.

So now what can I do? No refund and no word from HP about the refund.
    maybe give it some more time? they are still shipping and catching up from last weekend.
  3.    #3  
    if I wait and they don't refund, I can't even dispute my transaction. May be a week more and then I am disputing my transaction. yeah?
    I'm sure they'll refund you, its been what 5 days?
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    So I bought this HP Touchpad last weekend from HP SMB site. They had all those crazy issues on their website and while I bought the touchpad, they charged my CC for $399 + tax instead of $99 + tax.

I did get an email from HP that they will refund me $300 but till now nothing has been refunded. I have been trying to call HP cust. service for last three days (more than two hours every day) and currently I am on hold as I am writing this post but no luck.

During the cust. service call they also mentioned that they will ship the touchpad free of cost because of the inconvenience that we had.

So now what can I do? No refund and no word from HP about the refund.
    To state HP is not refunding you, but then state that HP stated they would refund you seems to be quite contradicting.

Refunds don't happen over night and due to the issues with the website over the weekend I'm sure there was quite a bit of issues going on that require refund.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Premium1 likes this.
    I havent got my credit back yet either but do have a confirmation # and contact # for the manager there just in case. Pretty certain with the recent heavy volume over there that those requests are in queue until things slow down. With still the ever so long hold times, Im not going to bother calling them for a couple weeks.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Give it bit more time, sometimes refunds can take anywhere from 7-14 business days with most companies. I'm sure after having a huge public fire sale they're not trying to "take your money". Also most banks let you file dispute within 30 days even though I doubt it'll take that long.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys for your supportive words. I will wait for the refund.. if not, I can always come back here and cry my heart out.. LOL

@HBZ, aren't you an HP/Palm employee?? Please tell us that there is something really cool coming for webOS in near future.
    Also remember, most banks hold refunds for a certain period also so they can verify funds and such.
  10.    #10  
    Looks like HP was listening to PreCentral.. hehe (j/k). I got my refund yesterday night.

Thank you HP.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    you should give them a call i order one over the phone and they instantly gave me the credit but i had to call them to adjust the state taxes for my zipcode... but the 2nd one i ordered off the HP website i had to call them to to credit me back and than call them again to adjust the state tax... it was annoying but after they did the research they had no problem with giving me the credit....
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    btw takes about 3-5 days after the credit is issued to actually appear in your acct
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    Looks like HP was listening to PreCentral.. hehe (j/k). I got my refund yesterday night.

Thank you HP.
    You might want to update the inflamatory (imo) title of your post if it's possible.