1.    #1  
    I have been downloading everything under the sun with webOS 2.1 and my Pre 2 without any issues. All of my Touchpad downloads are failing thus far in webOS 3.0. Is this something new or is it like 2.1 and it may be a patch I am running. Would like to know how other users are making out with downloads.
    It downloads fine for me. Downloaded two zip files and a pdf file
    I have not seen people reporting this. Have you updated to 3.0.2? And if you have added patches, you may need to remove them, try downloading, and then add back one at a time to see if you can locate the problem.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 08/25/2011 at 09:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Are you sure files aren't being downloaded or can't you find them? Every touchpad owner should have a file manager, I prefer Gemini as it has a search function.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    I have the same problem. The included browser cannot download any file (I do have a file manager). I was able to download before I installed some patches.

Although I cannot pinpoint which patch caused the problem but I guess it is "Add Download Link option". I have uninstalled it and rebooted but the problem remains.

Basically when you download a file, the browser's download manager will only show the "download" button. When you tap it, it will start to download but quits right away and back to the "download" button.

I can download email attachments with no problem and also use the GoAruna app to download files.

I just cannot download files using the browser. This is very frustrating.

TIA if you have suggestions.

BTW, mine does have the 3.02 update.
    I have two patches from Preware: "Add Download Link option" and "Download Instead of Stream" and I can download from the browser links. After I press on a download link, a new window opens up and the progress bar (similar to pdf downloads) will open up showing the file (mp3 in this case) progress and afterwards, I can find it in the folder labeled "Downloads."
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Thank for the reply, Achill3s.

I cannot find "Download Instead of Stream" in Preware.

The place I found it was in this thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ad-stream.html

Now here is something very interesting. If I tap on the link in OP's post, that .patch file downloaded. That is the only file in a few days I can download using the browser. However, the patch won't install when I used the file manager to install it. It showed the HTML results, instead.

The OP of the thread also offered to have the patch file emailed. So I did that and download the patch via email and then installed it. That install was successful.

After installing Download Instead of Stream, I can download mp3 files now.

However, I still cannot download any other file: .wav, .deb, .txt (it displays instead), .pdf, .zip, .rar, etc. The browser download engine does seem to have some issues.
    I'm having the same prob as the op. Achilles, you really are just using the download instead of stream patch, but the question is, without that patch and just the dowload link patch only, ur saying that you can dl the file by tapping the download link selection? I tried holding my finger on the download link and nothing happens neither when I tap it quuickly or hold it down. I wonder if anyone else has this problem aside from the op? Hey op, maybe we need to ninstall it and try again??? If anyone is out there with a solution, please help.
    For people who are having issues with downloading. First look in the downloads directory if there are any files named "attachment.asp" if so, follow these directions:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3125742
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I have two patches from Preware: "Add Download Link option" and "Download Instead of Stream" and I can download from the browser links. After I press on a download link, a new window opens up and the progress bar (similar to pdf downloads) will open up showing the file (mp3 in this case) progress and afterwards, I can find it in the folder labeled "Downloads."
    does that include secured downloads? Or is that still an issue?