Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Not sure when exactly it happened, but at some point tonight HP's coming soon reverted back to out of stock.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I checked as soon as I woke up as well. I thought there's no way they sold out between 3 and 5
    Last edited by tayswg20; 08/25/2011 at 05:16 AM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Sucks.....
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tayswg20 View Post
    I checked as soon as I woke up as well. I thought there's no way they sold out between 3 and 5
    The thing is they never went back on sale. It said coming soon and then when I refreshed it a minute later it said sold out.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    oh ok ....I thought I missed it cause I I checked all nigh until I fell asleep at 3 and then checked again at 530 when I woke up.
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts
    I really feel for you guys. Thank goodness my order went through last Friday. Good luck.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    thanks I need it...... I'm sitting outside of BB in mishawaka as I type this. I'm first in line so I'm hopeful.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    They now put coming soon again next to the out of stock on hp.com.
    there will more TP coming, it takes time to move TP out of their warehouse to retailers.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    At this point, with the amount of loss they are taking, why even ship to retailers? Seems like they would be better off to just sell it themselves so as to keep from losing even more in overhead.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    maybe "coming soon" = crushed servers due to constant refreshes from ppl like me. Hence message change.
    ght likes this.
    Well that scared me. Woke up and saw that it said out of stock and was wondering how I missed it. I have only slept for two hours.
    trowany likes this.
    What a nauseating morning. After burning the last 4 days of my life hunting this bargain, it comes down to this: if the HP is really out of stock, then I quit. I want my life back.

...of course, before I commit to that statement, I wanna see something that officially says HP will never have another touchpad available to us through their direct online store...

...but you know...first point stands.

trowany and sixftlion like this.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myrv View Post
    At this point, with the amount of loss they are taking, why even ship to retailers? Seems like they would be better off to just sell it themselves so as to keep from losing even more in overhead.
    I assume a lot of this stock was at retailer distribution centers. On top of that, as long as HP is taking the hit on the bottom line, places like BB, OD, and the likes benefit from these sales in store. People will buy a case, keyboard, charger, batteries, etc.... Its a big headache for the employees, but B&M companies of this size care less about that than HP does about us!

Quote Originally Posted by LocalH210 View Post
    What a nauseating morning. After burning the last 4 days of my life hunting this bargain, it comes down to this: if the HP is really out of stock, then I quit. I want my life back.

...of course, before I commit to that statement, I wanna see something that officially says HP will never have another touchpad available to us through their direct online store...

...but you know...first point stands.

HAHA.... this is the boat I am in.... "I am sooooo done... but I want to make sure they don't have anymore...." its like saying you aren't going to have another drink ever........ after today......
    Hp acadadamy says sold out. Hope they are getting more onsale order from amazon was canceled....
    I've been saying it since yesterday, but I think you're going to see HP announce that they don't have any more. The tone went from "we'll definitely have some, but we don't know when" two days ago to "I hope we get some" yesterday. It wouldn't exactly be against HPs track-record. I hope I'm wrong, though.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LocalH210 View Post

as horrible as HP has been at communicating with consumers I wouldn't expect that announcement. In the meantime I'll continue to refresh until I turn into Rip Van Winkle
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    One person bought HP entire's stock at 3AM. Going to put them on ebay for $500!
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Losing sleep, standing in lines early in the AM, being consumed by this? Is it really worth it? My desire to get one has lessened over the last few days. It's just not worth it. Sure, I regret returning mine, but it's not worth all this anguish to try and get one again. If I find a brand new one for 200.00 or under on eBay, I'll buy it. In a couple weeks there will be a ton on eBay for 200 or under. Or if I happen to swing by BB or another retailer and they have one, I'll get it.

But the desire and impulse to get one is slowly going away. And I think you'll find all the people who bought 50 or 100+ will be trying to dump them soon, as other people start to give up looking for one too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    I posted that because people on Slickdeals were like "Man I already flipped like 5 on ebay, I've made like a grand!"
    one of these days im going to have to try and learn that just because i think things are wrong and unfair doesn't mean they won't happen lol. I just see it as wrong people are doing that, the good part about the sale was it let others who wanted one but couldn't afford it have an opportunity to get one and many still have not.
    trowany and Mikest like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast