Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Losing sleep, standing in lines early in the AM, being consumed by this? Is it really worth it? My desire to get one has lessened over the last few days. It's just not worth it. Sure, I regret returning mine, but it's not worth all this anguish to try and get one again. If I find a brand new one for 200.00 or under on eBay, I'll buy it. In a couple weeks there will be a ton on eBay for 200 or under. Or if I happen to swing by BB or another retailer and they have one, I'll get it.

But the desire and impulse to get one is slowly going away. And I think you'll find all the people who bought 50 or 100+ will be trying to dump them soon, as other people start to give up looking for one too.
    I think (hope) the impulse is fading for a lot of people. Hopefully those are the ones just jumping in to make money off them, wanna convert to Android/Other, or was truely an impulse buy because the price was right. So now maybe those of use who wanted/had one before (sorry) could get one...
    I woke up thinking I missed it too. Lol, but no notification yet. Still hoping
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    As I said in another thread, HP should have limited people to two per person, per day. Sure the fire sale would have taken longer, but they would still have sold out. Also, more would be in the hands of people who actually intend on using them rather than just reselling.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myrv View Post
    As I said in another thread, HP should have limited people to two per person, per day. Sure the fire sale would have taken longer, but they would still have sold out. Also, more would be in the hands of people who actually intend on using them rather than just reselling.
    I'm surprised they didn't do that anyways. Maybe they thought no one would want them, at any price. But any time you see a sale like this, you always read in the fine print "1 per customer". I guess this just goes along with poor decision making by HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Losing sleep, standing in lines early in the AM, being consumed by this? Is it really worth it? My desire to get one has lessened over the last few days. It's just not worth it. Sure, I regret returning mine, but it's not worth all this anguish to try and get one again. If I find a brand new one for 200.00 or under on eBay, I'll buy it. In a couple weeks there will be a ton on eBay for 200 or under. Or if I happen to swing by BB or another retailer and they have one, I'll get it.

But the desire and impulse to get one is slowly going away. And I think you'll find all the people who bought 50 or 100+ will be trying to dump them soon, as other people start to give up looking for one too.
    You know, I don't think you're alone in this. My interest went from "eh" when I first heard about the fire-sale to wanting one when I saw some of the apps that are now available that I think could be useful to me back to "eh, if I get one, I get one". I do still want one, though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12