1.    #1  
    I hope that somebody makes a hardware GPS add-on. If you want one, feel free to vote for it at the link below.

http://feedback.bad-elf.com/forums/7...he-hp-touchpad
  2. DS3
    I didnt even know those existed, I might have to get one for my wifi iPad at some point. I really should have bought 3g just for the GPS.

Does the TouchPad have any GPS software to use it though?
  3.    #3  
    bt747 might work, they have something for palm classic. I'm guessing it wouldn't be hard to port bt747. Touchpad will have android soon. The device was cheap enough to be put in the hands of a large # of developers.
    We need a dev to create a custom webOS service to take standard BT GPS input and make it available to location-aware apps. It's very doable from what I've heard, especially with Enyo, but no one has done it yet. {Jonathan}
  5. c4r
    No time to check it out...but here's some info on how to do it:

https://developer.palm.com/content/a...bluetooth.html
    If the Touchpad doesn't have GPS how does it know where I am? When I first opened maps at home it showed my home address, just check now at work and it shows this address. Does it get it from the wifi? I was just assuming it had GPS but just checked and didn't see it listed in the sensors.
  7. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DS3 View Post
    I didnt even know those existed, I might have to get one for my wifi iPad at some point. I really should have bought 3g just for the GPS.

Does the TouchPad have any GPS software to use it though?
    yep they've existed for years. I had one that came with the tomtom gps software for my treo 600. You have to remember, none of the early smartphones had gps built-in so a lot of manufactures created external bluetooth gps receiver pucks so you could pair them up with your phones. Matter fact, I still have my old palmone gps receiver, but wasnt successful connecting it to the touchpad, I dont think the profile exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bockscar View Post
    If the Touchpad doesn't have GPS how does it know where I am? When I first opened maps at home it showed my home address, just check now at work and it shows this address. Does it get it from the wifi? I was just assuming it had GPS but just checked and didn't see it listed in the sensors.
    It backtraces your IP.