Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Trying to install Atlantis Sky Patrol HD (Free) on a HP TouchPad 16GB running WebOS 3.0.2

It just says 'Installation Failed'

I can't find any more information than that.

Any suggestions, please?

I should add that I can install other App Catalogue apps, I have installed Angry Birds HD, Box, the Preware and Spaz HD.

Thanks all

(and yes, I did get a firesale TouchPad - already converted to WebOS, so much nicer than Android or iOS in many ways).
    Last edited by HarpingOn; 08/25/2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    Do you have a 'part installed / faded' icon in the launch browser? If so, can you hold your finger on it and remove it, then try again? Alternatively, in the 'software manager' facility you may be able to download again, or remove the failed app.

Good luck, let us know if you still can't solve it!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yalden View Post
    Do you have a 'part installed / faded' icon in the launch browser? If so, can you hold your finger on it and remove it, then try again? Alternatively, in the 'software manager' facility you may be able to download again, or remove the failed app.

Good luck, let us know if you still can't solve it!
    Yes, I did that. I've tried to re-download many times, and it fails installation each time.

I remove it from the Software Manager too, and started from scratch more than once.

I'm not spectacularly hung up on Sky Patrol HD in particular, I'm just slightly concerned that there's an underlying problem somewhere, although other things seem to be installing okay.

Anywhere I can look for the cause of failure?

I have turned all the logging off with the dialpad option, and also through Muffle System Logging in Preware.
    I had the exact same error last night. Would download, "install" and then fail. Tried deleting it from the tablet manually and still had the same issue.

Your post makes me think it might be an error with the application or the app catalog versus anything on your (or my) end.

It was previously installed and worked fine for me. A different issue had me erasing my apps/data last night (suggested by customer support) and everything reinstalled fine when I did the app restore except this one application.
    Same thing happens to me.
    ------------------
    Touchpad 32Gb
    No offense to those who can't play but I'm glad to hear it's a wider problem than just my Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me. Fortunately I had made a full personal backup of everything on my $$$ touchpad before sending it back and getting a cheap touchpad. Installing it from the backup worked.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Same issue here. Had it previously installed, now fails. Wonder if there's a "support page" in the App store listing like there is in the Apple App store?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Same issue here. Had it previously installed, now fails. Wonder if there's a "support page" in the App store listing like there is in the Apple App store?
    Their website does have a support ticket function. I will raise one tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I raised this through the web, but you can also do it with the 'Report A Problem' button in the App Catalog. If everyone does it, they might fix it.
    there is an actual issue with old PDK-Games after the App Catalog Update :

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ease-test.html
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by simossoft View Post
    there is an actual issue with old PDK-Games after the App Catalog Update :

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ease-test.html
    How is Sky Patrol HD an old game? Did it run on something else before the TouchPad came out?

Anyway, is there a solution other than waiting for HP to un break what they broke?
    Don't download this game...it's entirely too addictive. I had ZERO interest based upon the description, but I downloaded the free version, and after the first 15(?) free rounds I was hooked. Back to the point at hand, I had no issues with the initial download, but I did have an issue trying to purchase the full version within the game. I had to go to the app catalog and do it from there.

Regards
    +1 I'm another who gets the download failed message. To bad too, I had OCed my TP and wanted to see how it runs.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I got an email tonight from Big Fish Games support telling me it was fixed and 'lo and behold, it was indeed fixed.

All that though, and Sparkle HD is by far the better game.

One thing though, I did have to re-boot my TouchPad after installing Atlantis otherwise it wouldn't run. Worked fine after a reboot. The support email from Big Fish also said to do this, so they've obviously worked it though.

Good luck