Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Thought I'd at least post a little positive news amidst all the cancellation/held money woes.

My league runs an extended draft, and the draft room uses Flash (CBS Sportsline).

I've been able to use my Touchpad to monitor the draft, correct issues, and today, even make a couple of my own picks-- while hooked up to my Pre- using Freetether!

Was lots of fun watching people in the chat room talk about how they couldn't get to the draft on their iPhones, or how their browsers kept crashing. Suck it, iPad!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Rub it in!

I'm going to find a tp one way or another, but I completely forgot about how nice this is going to be monitoring my league from the couch with the TP in hand instead of relying on a phone or running to the computer!
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Any websites to sign up for it?....So I had one more thing I can use my touchpad for lol.
    yeah I did my draft in yahoo from my TP.
    My Fantasy Football League uses the CBS Sportsline service too. It's been great to check my stuff and will be awesome to be able to get my picks placed! Love it! I do wish that the CBS Sports app had FFL built into it too. But the full site is great!
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    TP was easy to purchase on July 1. I'm just sayin.

I was also hopeful that CBS would update their app-- apparently the iPad version allows you to set your lineup etc, not sure about tracking the score. But that works pretty well with the web site on the TP anyway.
    i bought this tablet specifically for fantasy football...

I have a laptop, but its a large desktop replacement workstation that I have hooked up to 2 30" monitors and other devices...It's a pain to drag that in and out to the living room..

Now I got this puppy. Doing espn and yahoo fantasy multi-tasking butter goodness!

course then my goober roomate heard me then went and got one and is totally copying me...SO ANNOYED but happy
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    haha that's why I'm hoping mine comes in by saturday cause my big league has our draft then and a couple of us are hanging out at a friends and I wanted to bring this.
    Good to know it works good for it.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    darn, ups says tuesday delivery and it looks like that'll be it. Moving slowly it's just leaving memphis and I'm in southern cali. Oh well maybe I'll do a random league draft after I get it then.
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I did a mock draft in ESPN the other day and it didn't work very well on the TouchPad. You have to drag a player from the list to your queue (just give me a button please!), and you can't drag unless you double-tap. Then it sometimes works, but some parts of the player list I could not select at all. I was unable to enter text in the search box in any mode. The rows in the player list were very small, hard to touch accurately on the TP screen.
    Gotta get my NFL.com league setup to draft, gotta reg for 2 or more leagues. Brought the TP to work so I can setup my NFL league draft today on my lunch.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I was able to draft on sportsline, but has anyone been able to do any roster management (activate players) on their TP? I have no problem doing it on ESPN, but for whatever reason, the page comes up blank on the tp...
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Same here. Did my yahoo leagues draft on the touchpad, worked flawlessly. My buddy brought his girlfriends iPad but couldn't use it because the draft uses flash! He was ****ed and wants to get a touchpad now. Awesome.
    sitting on the couch monitoring 3 leagues and posting... I love it, my wife brought hers out too for when she is tired of reading her book
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    monitoring my ff team right now. Gotta love flash + TP
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    NFL. com fantasy also works well, I use classic view for roster changes as drag and drop doesn't work. Flash support is great and the experience is just as good as on my laptop.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    NFL. com fantasy also works well, I use classic view for roster changes as drag and drop doesn't work. Flash support is great and the experience is just as good as on my laptop.
    2 of my leagues are NFL and 1 ESPN.

I've got my teams score tracking bookmarked for each league so I can easily pull up the live scoring on Sundays.

I will say for my in depth stuff, like looking for hot free agents, I prefer using a computer.
  18. rlb
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    Same here. Did my yahoo leagues draft on the touchpad, worked flawlessly. My buddy brought his girlfriends iPad but couldn't use it because the draft uses flash! He was ****ed and wants to get a touchpad now. Awesome.
    Is there an app or do you just go to the Yahoo website through the browser?
    I can't drag and drop to update my roster in Yahoo's fantasy football. Anyone have any luck with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by joen05 View Post
    I can't drag and drop to update my roster in Yahoo's fantasy football. Anyone have any luck with this?
    You'll need to change it to classic in order to do this. I still prefer to use Yahoo's app on Android on my phone compared to the TP though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast