1.    #1  
    Hello,

Is it possible to setup Touchpad without WiFi?
    That's like asking if it's possible to use a kite without wind. What do you want to do with it without wifi?
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
  3.    #3  
    I just can't connect to the WiFi on campus currently (security certificates and such), so it'll be a while until I go somewhere that has free WiFi.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    jaksmith, you will not be able to setup the Touchpad without wifi. The wifi network that you connect to also cannot have a captive portal. Once you've completed the setup with the Touchpad, you can, however, connect to captive portals.
    isn't there a starbucks or a local hangout near you that has free wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by jaksmith View Post
    Hello,

Is it possible to setup Touchpad without WiFi?
    Quote Originally Posted by filmbuff View Post
    isn't there a starbucks or a local hangout near you that has free wifi?
    Those generally require the browser to agree to terms or put in a code. If you have a webOS phone you can install freetether. You can also try to use your computer as a wireless access point (not sure how, but think it is possible).
    starbucks is your friend...

I believe a "captive portal" notification popped up when we set up one of our at work (we have a captive portal based wifi system).... that allows you to authenticate and then get on the wireless...
  8.    #8  
    Tried to use iPhone to tether but it couldn't pick up the signal because it was adhoc networking? How would I use computer to connect/
  9.    #9  
    Just FYI incase anyone else is having similar trouble, I used Connectify (free version) to set up my laptop as a wireless access point, and the HP touchpad had no problem connecting to it! AWESOME