1.    #1  
    TP receives e-mail fine, and goes through the whole process of sending e-mail, even putting it into the sent folder, but the e-mail is never, actually, sent...... I've tried about every combination of incoming and outgoing settings I can think of, including 5 different e-mail accounts. (my company acct, a Hughesnet account, and 3 different g-mail accounts)....... All of them receive e-mail fine, but the best I have been able to accomplish goes through the whole sending process, but never actually sends the e-mail.

I have spent 3 days trying to get this to work, and I'm about to go crazy with this thing,,,,

Can ANYONE help????

Dave
    do a hard reset maybe? my aim/yahoo/gmail all work.
    Did you update to the latest, greatest version of webOS?
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    Maybe this will help you.

Just discovered problem with my email
  5.    #5  
    What is a "hard reset"? I did a complete restart (power button +center button) is that what you mean?

If not, how do I perform a hard reset?

Thanks

Dave
  6.    #6  
    I tried to, and it went through the process, and told me it was up to date, BUT, the system info still shows version 3.0.0 ........

Thanks

Dave
  7.    #7  
    Daffy:

Tried all of that.... mine goes through the whole process, properly..... putting the message into the outgoing folder, and, then, a few seconds later, it is transfered into the sent folder..... no yellow triangle....

I HAVE seen that triangle on some of the combinations I have tried, but not any more.

Thanks

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by acrodave View Post
    I tried to, and it went through the process, and told me it was up to date, BUT, the system info still shows version 3.0.0 ........

Thanks

Dave
    Dave,

3.0.0 is not the latest software. There have been a few instances where some users can not update to 3.0.2.

I recommend doctoring the device.

please go here:

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

click device options.
    click get webOS doctor.

download and follow the instructions carefully. I recommend having a full charged device.

one note: if and when it tells you to plug the device into the computer, and the 'next' button does not appear, you will then shut the device off completely. You will then press and hold the up volume while holding the power button. You will see the giant USB symbol and then you may proceed.

hope this helps.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks KJB..... I'll try it....

I have heard that this is what it does when the TP site is busy......

Dave
    naah its all too complicated, if it still does not work for you after doctoring i will take it off from you covering the shipping
  11.    #11  
    KJB

Well ..... I got it updated to 3.02, but the e-mail situation did not change.... still goes through the whole process, shows it as sent, but it doesn't actually send anything....

I'm running out of hair!!!!!

Thanks

Dave
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Have you tried to call tech support??

HP webOS Butler Service
    Tablets
    USA
    1-866-945-7256
    Mon-Fri 5am-9pm PST - Sat-Sun 6am-8pm PST
    this happened to me took me few weeks to figure out that my email wasn't sending.
    the solution that worked for me.

1. VERY IMPORTANT: Remove the account. (if you do not remove it. Doesn't matter what you do it won't work.)

2. Manually setup the outgoing mail. This is especially important if it uses SSL security. The automatic setup messes it up. For example it uses your username@site.com instead of just username.

3. Double check all the settings with your computer or email FAQ.

when I did this it worked. If it does not work try again but make sure to do step #1 and then restart your device.
    Last edited by riw; 08/25/2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Check your SMTP servers in the preferences. Some ISP's block SMTP outbound requests, and force their customers to use their SMTP servers (legal purposes, aka spam protection).
  15. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    This is kind of a different approach, but using Gmail or an exchange account, try sending an email on the Touchpad and then check from your browser or Outlook to see if it shows up in the sent folders there. If it does, then the emails must be going into a junk folder. If it doesn't, then you know for sure its a Touchpad issue.
    seems like it's the email
    not your device

call butler
  17.    #17  
    Well...... some progress, but not much....... This thing is wierd!!!!

I have two e-mail accounts on this machine, and if I send an e-mail from either one, to the other, or to myself, they show up in the appropriate inbox just like they are supposed to....

However, if I try to send an e-mail to an outside account, it appears on the TP to process properly, but it does not show up on the other computer...

Here is the WIERD part.... earlier I said it would send properly, between the two accounts on the TP...... One of those accounts is also used by another computer (a MAC), and that e-mail does NOT show up on that computer.....(??????)

I talked to Butler last night twice, and they helped me get it to this point, but I guess I'll be calling them again this evening...

I have another TP which is in the box, and, perhaps I will try that one to see if it acts the same. I was planning on that one as a gift, but I would be afraid to give it to a grand daughter without seeing if it has the same problem....

Updates later....

Many thanks to all who have contributed ideas as to how to fix this beast!!!

I'd recommend buying stock in Rogaine.....

Dave
  18.    #18  
    Upon further review...... the part about it appearing on the Touchpad, and not on the same account on another computer doesn't seem to be the case...... I have used so many accounts, and so many settings, I messed up here.... sorry

Does anyone know how to VIEW the incoming, and outgoing settings which are set up when the Touchpad configures them automatically???

I have found that if I set up a gmail account, and let the TP configure it automatically, that account seems to work, but I can't see what those settings are, in order to try to set up gmail as the outgoing server for my reguilar account...

it is now 8 days of frustration, but I will lick this thing yet!!!!

Dave
    Does anyone know how to VIEW the incoming, and outgoing settings which are set up when the Touchpad configures them automatically???
    Probably not a feature in webOS 3.0.2 at the moment.

I have found that if I set up a gmail account, and let the TP configure it automatically, that account seems to work, but I can't see what those settings are, in order to try to set up gmail as the outgoing server for my reguilar account...
    You need to verify your outbound SMTP (outgoing mail server) address/port/encryption method for manually created accounts.

This can be done by going to Account, select the desired email account, change login settings, manual setup.

Under the section outgoing mail server, gMail uses smtp.gmail.com:465 with SSL encryption enabled. You will also need to enter in the gmail username <username>@gmail.com and the associated password. With the outbound configuration set, you will be able to send outbound email from your touchpad.

I use gMail's outgoing mail server on multiple accounts when I'm not connected via VPN, so I know it works just fine.

Further reading: Configuring other mail clients - Gmail Help