1.    #1  
    I know they pulled & sent back their entire Touchpad inventory over the weekend and were only doing full returns for qualifying customers. But after some phone time with a couple of different people I was finally able to get my local Costco warehouse to do a price adjustment today. Kept the TP, got the $350 back + taxes. Don't know if this is useful to anybody here but just thought I'd put it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvintoro View Post
    I know they pulled & sent back their entire Touchpad inventory over the weekend and were only doing full returns for qualifying customers. But after some phone time with a couple of different people I was finally able to get my local Costco warehouse to do a price adjustment today. Kept the TP, got the $350 back + taxes. Don't know if this is useful to anybody here but just thought I'd put it out there.
    I heard the same thing..that my local costco is doing HP Touchpad price adjustments. No phone call needed, just bring in your receipt and box with SKU into their return desk and they've got a $350 coupon with barcode that they scan to process. After getting screwed by barnes and noble, then walking away after Bestbuy refused to sell a $99 HP Touchpad, I decided to buy my Touchpad from Costco for $479. I figured no one has better customer service, since after all, their customers are their 'members'. I'm finally justified in that faith and purchase...I was really getting worried there.
    I paid full retail at Costco back when "full retail" was $579. Hopefully they'll figure out how to include the earlier $100 price drop in my credit, too...

--John
  4.    #4  
    You will have to do a "Return-repurchase" where they take the item back a full price, sell it back at the new price and give you the discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvintoro View Post
    You will have to do a "Return-repurchase" where they take the item back a full price, sell it back at the new price and give you the discount.
    Is this new as of the past few days? I took my TouchPad to Costco (Canada) on the weekend but they refused to do any sort of price adjustment. I even suggested the return-purchase option, but that was also declined. I decided to keep my TouchPad with hopes that Costco would join their competitors.
    Wow, Great News. I purchased originally for 579 and they adjusted to 479. I'll check this weekend to see what they will do for me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbytehead View Post
    Wow, Great News. I purchased originally for 579 and they adjusted to 479. I'll check this weekend to see what they will do for me now.
    If they 'adjusted' to $479, that is proof that they do have a price adjustment policy. It only makes sense that since prices globally were dropped to $99, they should adjust to that as well. I can understand them not wanting to carry the HP Touchpad going forward, since the profit margin has been shot for them, but they still have the obligation to protect their customer/members. Yeah!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KateD View Post
    Is this new as of the past few days? I took my TouchPad to Costco (Canada) on the weekend but they refused to do any sort of price adjustment. I even suggested the return-purchase option, but that was also declined. I decided to keep my TouchPad with hopes that Costco would join their competitors.
    By this weekend, do you mean Saturday when this all just happened? I can understand that there might have been some confusion on your local warehouse's part. But I have read too many articles online about Costco Canada being the first to adjust their prices down. Here stateside, I've been jealously reading about my knuck neighbors getting their prices adjusted down. You might want to check with them again. I hope Canadian Costco hasn't backed away from $99 HP Touchpads.
    Quote Originally Posted by riccardocarchedi View Post
    By this weekend, do you mean Saturday when this all just happened? I can understand that there might have been some confusion on your local warehouse's part. But I have read too many articles online about Costco Canada being the first to adjust their prices down. Here stateside, I've been jealously reading about my knuck neighbors getting their prices adjusted down. You might want to check with them again. I hope Canadian Costco hasn't backed away from $99 HP Touchpads.
    Yes, just this past weekend when prices dropped to $149. The issue is that they dropped the price but then either sold out, or in the case of our warehouse, returned all TouchPads so that they are not obligated to price protect. According to our store, they will only price protect IF they have an item in stock. When I went back with my TP, there were none in the store so I was refused a price adjustment.
    Aloha! I purchased a 32 gig HP Touchpad on August 5 for $479 at my local Costco. When I heard that HP was discontinuing production, I went back to see what was happening. Costco still had a large display at $479. That evening, I heard about the price drop to $149, and was at Costco the next morning when they opened, hoping to either snag one for that price, or get credited for the price difference.

Lo and behold, the entire display was missing. When I asked a worked about it, I was told that they pulled them all because HP was discontinuing production, and that there wouldn't be support. I then went to customer service to see about getting credited, and was told they would not be crediting the difference, and that my only option was to return it. I was also told at customer service that they had sold all the touchpads that were on display (not sure who to believe).

I elected not to return it, as I still had time on my 90 day return policy, and came home and tried to buy one online through HP to no avail.

I was hoping to get one on the 2nd go around with HP, and return mine to Costco. I would much rather just keep the one I have, and get credited for the difference. It sounds like that is what you were able to do. Do you think I should try again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kana View Post
    Aloha! I purchased a 32 gig HP Touchpad on August 5 for $479 at my local Costco. When I heard that HP was discontinuing production, I went back to see what was happening. Costco still had a large display at $479. That evening, I heard about the price drop to $149, and was at Costco the next morning when they opened, hoping to either snag one for that price, or get credited for the price difference.

Lo and behold, the entire display was missing. When I asked a worked about it, I was told that they pulled them all because HP was discontinuing production, and that there wouldn't be support. I then went to customer service to see about getting credited, and was told they would not be crediting the difference, and that my only option was to return it. I was also told at customer service that they had sold all the touchpads that were on display (not sure who to believe).

I elected not to return it, as I still had time on my 90 day return policy, and came home and tried to buy one online through HP to no avail.

I was hoping to get one on the 2nd go around with HP, and return mine to Costco. I would much rather just keep the one I have, and get credited for the difference. It sounds like that is what you were able to do. Do you think I should try again?
    Absolutely! My situation sounds quite similar to yours. A memo has since been sent to all stores about this. Speak to a manager if returns staff are unaware of the situation. Good luck!
  12. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    You will most likely have to talk to a manager first. The returns staff wasn't aware of the rebate when I got mine back, but there was a little letter posted behind the counter that told them how to apply the rebate. there are other threads that talk about the rebate process at costco, if you do a search on the site, that have more detailed information about what to ask for.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kana View Post

I posted an image of the memo and the barcode coupon they are going to have to scan in order to ring up the adjustment. Just go to this thread and print it:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ing-yet-3.html

I also posted a screen shot I took of their website when it briefly showed the touchpad at the firesale price.
    Thanks KateD, Bo, and alvintoro! I'm sending an email to Costco.com now, including the postings from this site about others getting credited for their purchase at Costco. I'll follow up with another visit to the store, and talk to the manager, if needed. I'll let you know what transpires! Alvintoro...I haven't been able to open your link yet, but I'll keep trying!
    I do hope it all works out for you, Kana! Best of luck to you!
    Purchased 32 GB TouchPad for $479. Called local Costco and they said only option was to return for full refund. Later they honored price match. Refunded $350 + tax.
    Purchased 32 GB TouchPad for $479. Called local Costco and they said only option was to return for full refund. Later they honored price match. Refunded $350 + tax.
    Thanks to all of you, and for this incredible site! I just went to Costco tonight with my receipt, and received the $350 plus tax credit! I was the first one they processed at the Maui Costco, and they knew nothing about it. I showed them the printout, and they found it in their binder. Still had to call the manager twice though, as they couldn't believe that we would be getting that much back!