Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    calling the stores is not a good idea. its best to actually go there and look. i got my 32 gb after a 3 hour search of san antonio. i called all the best buys beforehand and they all said they didnt have it. my buddy and i being stubborn and not believing the aholes on the phone went out on the town and scored at the 4th best buy we went to. this was on tuesday, supposedly another shipment today to be on the floor tomorrow morning at the legacy bestbuy in san antonio. i will be there in the morning to hopefully get my girl and her stepdad one

good luck to all of you
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    thenoan has the right idea. Your best bet for scoring one is to walk into a bestbuy in the middle of the day and hope you get lucky. Plus, you either get it or you don't - no angst about getting your order cancelled
    I have been out of luck. Like most of you I have horror stories of trying to get them, but they are all from brick & motor stores and not online deals that were cancelled. I'd detail the stories, but I think if I type them out & relieve the scenarios, I'd throw my laptop through the wall as a result.

Need less to say, on several occasions, I was within minutes of getting a TP, only to be greeted with, we're now sold out. My last hope is that I catch HP's next batch the second it goes live. I'm sure that if I don't it will be sold out within minutes and/or the servers will be down from all the traffic.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Supposedly two are coming to me and they both seem to be making their way, but I refuse to believe it until they're actually in my hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenoan View Post
    calling the stores is not a good idea. its best to actually go there and look. i got my 32 gb after a 3 hour search of san antonio. i called all the best buys beforehand and they all said they didnt have it. my buddy and i being stubborn and not believing the aholes on the phone went out on the town and scored at the 4th best buy we went to. this was on tuesday, supposedly another shipment today to be on the floor tomorrow morning at the legacy bestbuy in san antonio. i will be there in the morning to hopefully get my girl and her stepdad one

good luck to all of you
    It's possible they didn't have any when you called. Some locations are selling out within minutes of getting them in, so it's possible that they arrived while you were en route to the store.
    try your local Craig's list. I have seen quite a few in my area from $200-$300 the last 2 days. I ended up picking up a new sealed 32gig for $225. I know that's not $149 but I'm happy. I had a 16 gig I got 2 weeks ago for $399 but took it back to best buy right after the HP dump announcement and didn't think they would price match because best buy said they were not going to at first. Then I got a Galaxy tab 10.1 but took it back cause I missed webOS so much and the Tab was kind of high priced considering I'm not a big android person.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    ordered from Amazon/on sale. got dumped/cancelled. old palm pre folx here, so I guess we will wait until the HP site lets us know it is out there to order again.
    On constant look out...but no luck. Gotta grab one as i've already begun creating themes...spent hours already actually. I'd like to say to anyone who has bought an extra, if you sell it to me i'll make you your dream theme! (i'll pretty much try anything at this point, haha). Hopefully, i'll be in time when this "second batch" is to be released from HP.com. I really hope HP doesn't throw us yet another curve ball and fails to sell more or contact those who have inquired to be notified...by the time ya get the email...it's too late. Sorry, im a bit ****y. I will go around town after work tomorrow, but I'm really not expecting to get lucky. All i can say is if you find a site, PLEASE let us know!
    Last edited by holley2583; 08/25/2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
    I was close to buying one when Staples had the $100 off deal, and then after when HP initially went ahead and lowered the price before the dump.

I went into a best buy, and was told I missed it by that much (an hour!).

If I miss out, I sincerely hope Samsung or HTC will build webOS devices.

Otherwise, I can fondly remember my treos and palm centro, and miss the company that really changed the market, but failed...
    Stupid hurricane may loose power and miss the email.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    Stupid hurricane may loose power and miss the email.
    Guess ya don't have a laptop with a battery. No smart phone with email either... sad.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Guess ya don't have a laptop with a battery.
    Don't most people's internets also go out when the power goes out? I know my cable internet dies whenever my house looses power.
    Guess ya don't have a laptop with a battery. No smart phone with email either... sad.
    Even if you still got internet, that would only last you so long. Considering that they're talking about power possibly being out for weeks in some areas, I would say that laptops and smart-phones aren't going to carry you too far.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeken View Post
    Don't most people's internets also go out when the power goes out? I know my cable internet dies whenever my house looses power.
    Well if you have a phone like Iphone, Android or Palm then you probably have internet even in a storm

Unless the wireless go downs too
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    Well if you have a phone like Iphone, Android or Palm then you probably have internet even in a storm

Unless the wireless go downs too
    No I realize that, but that is why I only quoted the laptop part.
    My statement was based on carrier internet access... or using a device for tethering. Sorry for the misunderstanding as I was not clear enough, obviously. I really hope none of you lose power for days or weeks...now that would be sad, awful actually. Stay safe and I hope you don't lose out due to the storm...
    I have both, hell I have an iPad here too, but none will do me good when the power goes out and sprint in Hampton roads sucks when there isn't bad weather... I doubt I'll have a signal, even if I do, the phone only lasts until the battery dies lol.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I followed the mess on Slick Deals

by today people are really messed up there and they are buying into scam after scam and many old and new members there are messed up giving poor wrong info, I left tonight after getting attacked because I do not like Apple Ipads, a small group of Apple Ipad people were on there trying to convince people the HP touchpad is junk, its awesome I think. I put a few of the pre patches on it and it made the pad at least 5X better and at 5x less the cost of an Ipad now its really awesome...... Ipad people are just jealous that HP did something Apple would never do give us an awesome product at a bottom price
    I'm still trying to find one. Too. I would like to just walk into a store on a whim, but seeing as i've been 'preparing' for my colonoscopy tomorrow, being farther than 30 feet from the bathroom isn't a very good idea. :O

was that TMI?
    I don't like the iCrowd. They won't recognize anything's better or good. I think the iPad is a great innovation because it sparked the tablet market, just like the iPhone did. Do I I prefer either? No. I don't like android at all but it's go5 its advantages. You can't think one mobile is is the best and bash all others because honestly they all help innovate each other and are all different. I'm a windows phone 7 user and I am on here more. I love windows phone 7 and will never leave the phone os, at least not in the near future. Does that mean ios, android and webos suck? No.

Sorry it's tired, I'm late, I want a touchpad and am worried about Irene.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast