1.    #1  
    Obviously I am new to this tablet as I just got it today and had a question about the system update. Attempted to download it a couple of times and it would seem to just stop in the middle of the down and say I was up to date. Tried a few times to no avail.

So I decided to go ahead and root it, install preware, and do all the patches which are working great by the way...excellent sticky in this forum.

But what's up with the update? If I go back and try it now and it works will it overwrite everything I've done already? I am currently on webOS 3.0.0 according to my Device Info.

Just trying to get some clarification here coming from Droid primarily.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IgotGAME View Post
    Obviously I am new to this tablet as I just got it today and had a question about the system update. Attempted to download it a couple of times and it would seem to just stop in the middle of the down and say I was up to date. Tried a few times to no avail.

So I decided to go ahead and root it, install preware, and do all the patches which are working great by the way...excellent sticky in this forum.

But what's up with the update? If I go back and try it now and it works will it overwrite everything I've done already?

Just trying to get some clarification here coming from Droid primarily.

Thanks
    You don't root webOS, you enable developer mode FYI. People here get a little offended at the word "root" since developer mode is built into the software. Well back to your question, no the update should not override what you've done because you haven't really done anything. If you want to be safe, uninstall your patches and update the software but I don't think you will have any problem updating with the patches. You could check out the patches forum and see if any of those have warning about 3.0.2 but it usually a painless experience when you update a patched webOS device. Welcome to webOS by the way. Hope you enjoy your TP. Oh you do not need to uninstall Preware if you were wondering.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info and sorry for my "noobness"

Any idea why the update was acting like that on me? Just seemed to stop for no reason and say it was Up to Date and when I go back into "System Updates" it would tell me

"HP webOS 3.0.2.68 is now available. It's about 38MB."

Never seems to install
    Quote Originally Posted by IgotGAME View Post
    Thanks for the info and sorry for my "noobness"

Any idea why the update was acting like that on me? Just seemed to stop for no reason and say it was Up to Date and when I go back into "System Updates" it would tell me

"HP webOS 3.0.2.68 is now available. It's about 38MB."

Never seems to install

I might be wrong but I think this may be a bug I've seen people post about. Have you been able to update?
    I had the same trouble and just kept refreshing and tapping Download. After doing this for a while, it finally downloaded and unpacked and installed. Probably the update servers being slammed with all the new devices.
    Have you tried to hard reset (press and hold power and center button at the same time). I vaguely remember having this problem when I first got my TouchPad weeks ago.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I had the same trouble and just kept refreshing and tapping Download. After doing this for a while, it finally downloaded and unpacked and installed. Probably the update servers being slammed with all the new devices.
    Dont worry about it IgotGame, i had the same problem with 4 touchpads, the only explanation that i thought up aswell as gapost is, the server is busy. I just would watch it for like 5 min and hit download again when it stopped. server is probably busy, it did it a few times before reaching 50%, after that it went pretty smoothly.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks guys. This thing is awesome!
    I have tried to update many many times to 3.0.2. I have to hit download multiple times. Then, during unpacking I also have to hit download a couple of times. Finally it says that the touchpad has been updated, but it has not. I have done multiple resets and hard resets.

Is there anyway to do this manually?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I am having the same problem, this thing will not update. Got to about 85% and then it said my touchpad was updated. It was not and I had to start over again.