Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I went to my local Best Buy tonight (Gilbert, AZ) to pick up the keyboard that I ordered online. I wandered to the tablet section first to scrounge for any more accessories.

I grabbed the last TouchStone dock and asked the guy if they had any more keyboards. While he was poking around the computer, the following was said:

• "So you got a TouchPad, eh?"
    • "Yeah, I've had one since launch."
    • "Cool. Too bad you won't get support for it anymore. HP isn't making them anymore. They're discontinued."
    • "Yeah, I know. They're not making the hardware anymore, but the software is still being fully supported."
    • "Oh really? That's not what I heard." (more under-educated Best Buy employees?)
    • Remainder of this portion of the conversation clipped, to keep it short.
    • "We should be getting some more of them though."
    • "More of what, TouchPads??"
    • "Yeah. I saw an internal eMail that came out a little while ago saying we were going to get some more in next week."

He didn't have any more information than that. Didn't know exact date, what kind, or any other details. I found this very interesting. I don't know if he was speaking for that particular location, or BBs everywhere.

Keep your eyes on the BB web site!!!! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed I get HP SMB order.

On a side note, this keyboard is SO awesome to type on!!!!!
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    On a side note, this keyboard is SO awesome to type on!!!!!
    Do you mean the virtual keyboard or the bluetooth keyboard?
    Not surprising. I wouldn't expect ALL 200k+ touchpads to have been deployed in stores last weekend. I would expect they would have some in the distribution pipeline.
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Do you mean the virtual keyboard or the bluetooth keyboard?
    Sorry, the Bluetooth keyboard. This thing is so light and sleek, and feels GREAT on the fingers. I can type at full speed on this thing!!
    I went to my local Best Buy today and inquired if they had any in stock. The sales associate checked the inventory and said they had 46 16GB inbound-allocated and 40 32GB inbound-allocated. He said that meant they probably wouldn't get them until Monday or Thursday next week.

Obviously that could change. I'm still going to go in and check tomorrow.

He did say that calling in to check would do no good, as the CSRs that answer the phone have been told to say 'no inventory'.

I'm not going to hold my breath, but maybe I'll get lucky.
    ones they get will no doubt be the ones returned when people tried to be clever and order them full price, hoping theyd get a price reduction, took them back to be told, unlucky you paid $$/ it so you either keep it or give it back.

Bam they give it back coz they assumed theyd get it cheap, more stock arrives in the system.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I also went in and picked up a couple of accessories at the same time a delivery of 120 touchpad were delivered , so I ended walking out of best buy with another one, so there are some being sent into stores

the store was Paramus N.J. Ridgewood ave store approx 3ish
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    well I guess I wont head there tonight as planned! ugh..I need a touchstone and folio.
    skyscanr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgonsoulin View Post
    The sales associate checked the inventory and said they had 46 16GB inbound-allocated and 40 32GB inbound-allocated.
    I can assure you that inbound-allocated means absolutely nothing
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    I just got back from best buy and they has just received a shipment this afternoon and put it out on the floor at 8 PM.
    my local best buy is going to get a truck tomorrow morning so I will wait for that cuz my 2 onsale orders got cancelled
    Is BB the only brick and mortar store getting shipments?? I checked West Paterson(Woodland Park) NJ store today and they had none...
    I picked up 2 16gbs at a BB today at around 5PM. I was out looking for one and I just happened to be lucky enough to arrive less than 2 minutes after the shipment came in. (The delivery truck was just driving off) I got in and snagged one myself and my Father got one for himself.

I couldn't have been more delighted. Its a long time since I've hopped over to Android since my OG Palm Pre, but now I'm back with my TP.

Also, there was a huge line within 5 minutes. I'm sure they sold out not 10 minutes after I left.
    As a bby employee I can say that stores are getting more units. This came as news to us from a memo released by HP after the initial wave sold out, it basically said "well what do you know? We found that we have more touchpads in a warehouse! These will be going out to our retail partners soon!" I personally was like, "lolwut?"
    a friend of mine that works at a BB in Birmingham, AL said she heard they were getting more in also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    I picked up 2 16gbs at a BB today at around 5PM. I was out looking for one and I just happened to be lucky enough to arrive less than 2 minutes after the shipment came in. (The delivery truck was just driving off) I got in and snagged one myself and my Father got one for himself.

I couldn't have been more delighted. Its a long time since I've hopped over to Android since my OG Palm Pre, but now I'm back with my TP.

Also, there was a huge line within 5 minutes. I'm sure they sold out not 10 minutes after I left.
    Doesn't Best Buy have the 1 per customer rule? Did you sweet-talk the cashier or something?
    I got one today at Best Buy. After 3 prevously cancelled via various online orders! The accessories in my store were all sold out though. Only generic tablet stuff, I'm trying to get an HP touchpad folio case made for this baby. =)

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonloves View Post
    a friend of mine that works at a BB in Birmingham, AL said she heard they were getting more in also.
    Hey, I am in B'ham. Please share what store and when if you can It would help me out since I have yet to get one.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    I'd venture that stuff that was sent back to HP last Friday was turned around-- there's still got to be money in those accessories, so why not try to get the hardware for those accesories out there?
    Well, I know where I will be come 9AM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast