Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I have a friend who works at bby in elkhart, IN....they had some today but sold out and said they are expecting more Friday. Seems to be inline with all the other reports, and if anyone lives up in north eastern indiana, hope this will help you out!
    Treo 680, Treo 750, Pre-, Touchpad
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    I have a friend who works at bby in elkhart, IN....they had some today but sold out and said they are expecting more Friday. Seems to be inline with all the other reports, and if anyone lives up in north eastern indiana, hope this will help you out!
    Thank you so much.... that gives me a little hope i'll be there camped out thursday night lol....... although i didnt know there was a BB in elkhart ..... i thought there was only one in mishawaka. guess i'll look it up
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    funny, I happened to be visiting South Bend this weekend and tried to get 1 Saturday but they pulled the stock to ship back. Come Saturday night I see the reversal by BB and that they will start selling them, so I get up early Sunday and go back an hour and a half before they opened up. I'm not even the 1st one there, and the 2 people that got there before hadn't even used webOS ever before...

So glad I lucked out, as they only had about 25 in stock, and the line had grown well close to a 100 people about a half hour before they were to open up. I will give BB credit at this store, they had everything stream lined and laid out to pick what you wanted an all the accessories lined up so people could quickly get what they needed. They even setup extra registers in back and some of the staff were very friendly and actually trying to be helpful. They clearly had themselves well organized, which is not the usual case BB! We even got to start 15 minutes before they typically open.

Now I just need to go back and get my adjustment refund for the accessories I got that are now half off
    Got lucky today---I mean with a Touchpad...wait a minute, that still doesn't sound right. Let me start over:

I called around this morning and my local BBs said they didn't have any TPs. So I left the house and, after my first client, I was driving by a BB and thought, "what the heck, I have a little extra time, might as well stop in just in case."

Bingo! The first employee I asked pointed me to the appliance section where they had set up a shopping cart with a couple of boxes of TPs and accessories. There had just arrived and there were about 5 people ahead of me. When I got to the head of the line, there were about 10 behind me. Amazing. I also bought a Touchstone ($39.99)with the 32GB model. Total was $203.51

The bad part is you can only buy 1 and I wanted 2 so my son could learn the joys of webOS. Oh, well, it ain't over til it's over....
    Bump.
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoom15 View Post
    i just waited for over 2 hours at the "elkhart/mishawaka" BB (i assume he meant the mishawaka BB because elkhart doesn't have a BB) and 15 minutes before they opened the manager came out and said "we will not be getting anymore TP EVER" but since your friend that works there said they were maybe getting more in friday i'm going to try again and wait again tomorrow no matter what the manager said. He seemed irritated, (understandably) so i think they're tired of all of us stalking all their stores everyday, and are just saying anything to get us to give up ( which i also kinda understand). Little do they know the resilience of the Webos Nation lol. I am getting really frustrated though
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ^it's funny how these store managers can get annoyed by customers showing up every day
    maybe I'll go check out my bestbuy after work.
    Have people been asking just anyone in the store or a specific person or are they setup in a spot or in a shopping cart like the one poster said? Would be nice to know where to look directly.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Either the Best Buys in Michigan aren't getting anymore or the employee's are lying to me. I'd hate to spend 3 hours in the store waiting for nothing but I their employees can't be trusted.
    picked one up this morning 32g in mesa,az and they said they have finally geared up shipping and should be getting more in everyday this week so good luck!
    Looks like I'm camping out tomorrow morning. Looks like I'll be late to work. Only problem is we have 5 or 6 stores in the immediate Milwaukee area. So easy to choose the wrong store.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12