I was so happy to receive my touchpad.
    But right now, I'm really frustrated that I couldn't setup the touchpad.
    I can see my home wifi network "AAA".
    After I tap AAA, the little window says "Join AAA" with a textbox.
    I assume I need to type in my password.
    Honestly, I forgot. I tried several passwords I've used regularly.
    When I tried the passwords one by one, before I finished typing the password,
    the "sign In" button lighted up. When I finished typing, the button was off.
    Ok, I tapped "sigh in" button when it's light is on.

The wifi setup window comes up. Under "AAA", it says "tap to configure ip address".
    I tapped it. the next window asks me the ip address. I put in my wifi ip, and also tried
    to turn the "automatic ip settings" on. I tap "done", it went back to the wifi setup
    window again.

Please help me to setup my touchpad wifi!!
    Thanks!!
    Have you created a gmail account? I am confused, the password you are talking about is for your WiFi and are you sure you got it correct?
    Open up your router's preferences on your computer and either see what your password is, or reset it to one you will remember. Then continue with the setup.
    I wish I had a touchpad so I could help you. I saw this thread which might have some info for you.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    <<threads merged>>

OP.. please don't cross-post in multiple forums.
    If you have a windows computer connected to the "AAA" wifi, I can tell you how to find the password (for Win7 anyway). Find the connection and right click on it, select properties from the menu, then the security tab. Click on the checkbox to show the password.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpdp View Post
    The wifi setup window comes up. Under "AAA", it says "tap to configure ip address".
    I tapped it. the next window asks me the ip address. I put in my wifi ip, and also tried
    to turn the "automatic ip settings" on. I tap "done", it went back to the wifi setup
    window again.
    This is the issue I'm having. I've manually typed in known good IP data with no luck then tried Auto. It says it is connected, but then says can't access the web through the connection. this is brand new out of the box during initial setup.
    Thank you all
    I found my password. Once I typed the correct password, the setup went smoothly!
    I'm super excited about my first touchpad!!