1.    #1  
    I've downloaded multiple converters so that I can convert .avi videos to a compatible format for TouchPad..

Any of you know of a FREE or cheap (<$5) video converter?!?

Two of the converters I tried converting a ~1.17GB .avi, no dice.
    One of the converters I tried converting a ~174MB .avi, no dice there either. ***?

I want to be able to watch movies and tv shows on my TouchPad...
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I use handbrake For DVD movies
    Where should I drop the video files I transfer from my PC? Thank you in advance

HP TOuchpad
    WebOS 3.0.2

I was thinking downloads file but, I'm not sure if it even matters.
    The folder doesn't matter. The TP will find any playable video and make it available in the video player.
    Folder doesn't matter, but the one thing I do is create a main "movies" folder (just as a central location to keep my files uncluttered... but this also lets me have a single folder in the left pane of application I can click on and have all my movies displayed in one spot.

Also... if your movies files don't display with thumbnails, you can add them with directions in this link: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...vie-files.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    I've downloaded multiple converters so that I can convert .avi videos to a compatible format for TouchPad..

Any of you know of a FREE or cheap (<$5) video converter?!?

Two of the converters I tried converting a ~1.17GB .avi, no dice.
    One of the converters I tried converting a ~174MB .avi, no dice there either. ***?

I want to be able to watch movies and tv shows on my TouchPad...
    I also recommend the handbrake program for videos...there is a custom TouchPad settings choice somewhere in the forums that was made, but I find the ipad settings work, just change the audio to stereo

Good luck!
    Kalemsoft has played every container I've ever thrown at it... No converting necessary. .mkv, .avi

I converted once for the hell of it using Xillisoft. It has a preset for the Ipad, worked fine.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Folder doesn't matter, but the one thing I do is create a main "movies" folder (just as a central location to keep my files uncluttered... but this also lets me have a single folder in the left pane of application I can click on and have all my movies displayed in one spot.

Also... if your movies files don't display with thumbnails, you can add them with directions in this link: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...vie-files.html
    I did the Movies folder also. Just started to play around with adding videos today. Started with Blu-Ray....Ripped to HDD....Used handbrake to encode....Works great so far!

Only downside is no thumbnails....Gonna have to try your suggestion to see if I can get it to work!

Edit: I got it to work. Was unsure what to do once it was tagged. I was suppost to hit file > save tag? > Then drag the movie over to my Movies folder on the touchpad? Not sure if I did the last part correctly but at least the source video on my computer also has the matching artwork now. Wasn't too picky at first but went ahead and searched and sized the photos all the same so it's got some uniformity now!
    Last edited by kenmitch; 08/31/2011 at 08:19 PM.